The Best Serger Sewing Machine in 2021
Singer 14CG754 Serger 2-3-4 Thread Capability Overlock with Blind, Rolled Hems and Flatlocking, Take Your Creations to The Next Level, White
Brother, ST4031HD, Strong and Tough Serger 1,300 Stitches Per Minute, Durable Metal Frame Overlock Machine, Large Extension Table
- METAL FRAME: The ST4031HD is a strong, reliable serger built to tackle heavy duty projects with its sturdy metal frame
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: This Strong & Tough series 3-4 thread serger has a high durability blade made from extra hard carbon steel, producing a smoother cut edge and a clean, professional finish
- 1,300 STITCHES PER MINUTE: Get more serging done in less time with a maximum sewing speed of up to 1,300 stitches per minute
- EASY TO THREAD: Color-coded thread guides along with numbered upper and lower thread loopers make the ST4031HD easy to use
- INCLUDED ACCESSORY FEET: 3 accessory feet come with the ST4031HD including standard, blind stitch, and gathering feet along with a large extension table for bigger projects
JUKI MO654DE Portable Thread Serger Sewing Machine
- 2/3/4 Thread serger with automatic rolled hem
- Color coded threading breakaway looper external adjustment for stitch length and differential feed
- Powerful knife system with dedicated drive mechanism. Sewing Speed: Max. 1500 spm
- Sews light to heavy weight fabric. Max. Stitch Length- 4mm
- Safety Switch machine will not run when swing cover is open.Differential Feed:0.7 : 2.0 Ratio
Janome MOD-8933 Serger with Lay-in Threading, 3 and 4 Thread Convertible with Differential Feed
- Janome MOD-Serger Overlock with 3 and 4 Thread Options
- Lay-In Threading System with Color-Coded Thread Guides
- Quick Change Rolled Hem and Adjustable Presser Foot Pressure
- Differential Feed helps prevents stretching and puckering
- Easy Accessible Lower Looper with Pretension Setting Slider
Brother 5300 Sewing Machine Case White
- 2 piece carrying and storage case; Weight (Approximate) : 5 pounds
- Model Compatibility: SE-270D, XL-2230, PS-1000, PS-1250, LS-2125i, XL-2610, XL-2600, XL-5500, XL-5600, XL-570
- Molded from durable but lightweight plastic
- Locking metal side hinges; built in handle; stay clean surface
HOMEST Serger Carrying Case, Universal Overlock Sewing Machine Tote Bag with Shoulder Strap & Strong Handles, Compatible with Brother, Singer, Juki, Purple (Patent Design)
- PROTECT YOUR PRECIOUS MACHINE: Using well padded sidewalls, extra cushioned bottom and padded front pockets, you can be assured that your serger sewing machine and accessories will stay protected when traveling. This safety and stylish carry case designed to offer safe and dust free options, also protect from bumps and scratches
- TRAVEL WITH YOUR SEWING MACHINE: This lightweight tote bag is the most stylish and efficient way to take your machine and tools on the road or storage at home! A carry handle & an adjustable shoulder strap provide 2 different carrying ways. You can easily take your whole craft room to a class, a meet up or on holiday
- GENEROUS STORAGE SPACE: Storing machines up to 13.75 x 11 x 13.25 inches. Spacey main compartment fits most standard sized serger machines, compatible with SINGER, Brother, Janome, Juki. Large front pocket provides roomy space to hold serger items you may need organizing with - be it needles, thread, presser foot, scissors or any other serger accessory
- PREMIUM QUALITY & DESIGN: This tote is made with the end user in mind and crafted with durable material to ensure the best product possible. The full zip makes it easy to access
- 100% MONEY BACK & RETURN GUARANTEE: If you are not satisfied with your tote bag, the HOMEST team is ready to help. We offer 2 years quality warranty on every carry bag purchased, our enthusiastic customer service team is eager to help with any questions or problems about our bag series
Brother XM2701 Lightweight Sewing Machine, White
- 27 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The XM2701 includes 27 built-in stitches including decorative, blind hem, zigzag, and stretch stitches and an auto-size buttonhole
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: The XM2701 comes with 6 sewing feet, 3-piece needle set, twin needle, 4 bobbins, instructional DVD, manual and more
- VERSATILE FREE ARM: This free arm sewing machine is perfect for a wide range of everyday sewing projects, and users from beginners to advanced
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT The XM2701 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online live chat or phone for the life of your machine
Brother, 2340CV, Cover, Advanced Serger, Color-Coded Threading Guide, Dial Stitch Length, Presser Foot Pressure Adjustment, 1,100 Per Minute, White
- ADVANCED SERGER: The Brother 2340CV Cover Stitch is an advanced serger that allows you to create a wide range of cover stiches on multiple fabrics.
- COLOR-CODED THREADING GUIDE: A built-in color-coded threading guide helps provide precise stitching for a high-quality finish.
- FAST AND EASY LOOPER THREADING SYSTEM: This cover stitch advanced serger features an easy and fast looper threading system to save time. Maximum Sewing Speed (Stitches Per Minute) : 1100
- ADJUST DIALS FOR STITCH LENGTH: The Brother 2340CV’s adjustable dial allows you to alter the speed of material flowing through the machine.
- MULTIPLE ACCESSORIES: The Brother Cover Stitch comes with a blind stitch foot and a gather foot as well as several helpful accessories.
Singer Professional 5 14T968DC 2-3-4-5 Threaded Capability, Including Cover Stitch, Auto Tension, and Bonus Presser Feet Serger, White
- SINGER PROFESSIONAL SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER 14T968DC Serger machine has 2-3-4-5 thread capability providing a wide selection of stitch options for all types of projects with professional results every time.
- SELF-ADJUSTING TENSION: The SINGER 14T968DC Serger has a self-adjusting tension system. Simply turn a dial to select the chart, and the tension settings for that stitch are adjusted automatically.
- SEWING SPEED: The SINGER Professional 5 14T968DC serger has a maximum sewing speed of 1,300 stitches-per-minute, so projects can be sewn quickly.
- 4 BUILT-IN ROLLED HEMS: The SINGER Professional 14T968DC 5 sewing machine converting to the Rolled Hem sewing mode is effortless. An easy access lever moves the stitch finger in position for rolled hemming.
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Professional 5 14T968DC serger has a wide range of stitch options for sewing seams, hems, decorative edges, rolled hems, cover hems, and more..Amps : 0.5
- This sewing machine is warranted for use in the US and Canada at 110 volts only. Note: To ensure proper stitching, it is important to keep tension while threading the machine.
- Limited 90-DAY Warranty for Adjustments, Belts, Rings, Bulbs, Attachments; Limited 2-Year Warranty for Motors, Light assembly, Wiring, Switches,Speed control and Electronic Components; Limited 25-Year Warranty for Sewing Machine Head
Brother Serger, R1634D (Refurbished), Metal Frame Overlock Machine 1,300 Stitches Per Minute, Removable Trim Trap, White
- METAL FRAME: The Brother Designio DZ1234 is a durable 3-4 thread serger made with a metal frame
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: A high performance 3-4 thread serger with an adjustable stitch width between 3. 0mm to 7. 0mm allowing you to select the right stitch width for your project
- 1, 300 STITCHES PER MINUTE: Create more in less time with the DZ1234's fast stitching speed of up to 1, 300 stitches per minute
- EASY TO THREAD: Easy-to-use with color-coded thread guides, numbered upper and lower thread loopers, included instructional video and printed manual
- INCLUDED ACCESSORY FEET: The DZ1234 comes with 3 accessory feet including blind hem stitch, gathering and piping feet in addition to 2 sets of starter thread
Brother R1634D 3 or 4 Thread Serger with Differential Feed, White (Renewed)
- METAL FRAME: The R1634D is reliable serger made from a durable metal frame and internal parts
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: A high performance 2 needle, 3-4 thread serger with differential fabric feed for better stitch quality
- 1, 300 STITCHES PER MINUTE: The R1634D has a maximum sewing speed of up to 1, 300 stitches per minute allowing you to create more in less time
- EASY TO THREAD: A Color-coded, lay-in thread system makes for easy threading
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT: The R1634D comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online, live chat or phone for the life of your machine
Brother ST371HD Strong and Tough Sewing Machine with 37 Stitches
- Included Components: Instructional DVD?Bilingual user manual?6 Sewing feet?Accessories
- Voltage: 110
How to Make a Cheap, No Sew Christmas Tablecloth
But if you don't have a sewing machine (or even if it's broken like mine is at the moment) there's still an easy no-sew way to make a cheap, fabric Christmas tablecloth.
Those of us with sewing machines know how easy it is to buy 2-1/2 yards of Christmas fabric, hem the ends, and call it good. But if you don't have a sewing machine (or even if it's broken like mine is at the moment) there's still an easy no-sew way to make a cheap, fabric Christmas tablecloth.
To make your own no-sew Christmas or even New Year's Eve tablecloth, these instructions will help:
1. Measure the length of the table to be decorated. Add 24" to that length.
2. Visit a fabric store and buy that perfect Christmas or holiday print fabric. Joann Fabrics has a fantastic selection of Christmas fabric right now, Here's the link which will give you a peek at their current inventory which includes over 116 different patterns. Most of the Christmas novelty fabric is currently on sale, and range in price from $5.00 and up.
When selecting fabric for a no sew Christmas tablecloth, there's a few things to watch for. Watch the width of the fabric you are buying. Most fabric measures 44" wide which probably won't be wide enough for a dining room table. Select instead a fabric that measures as least 54" or wider. Also, watch the material type. Flannel, fleece, rayons, and polyesters won't work well for a "no sew" tablecloth. Finally, watch for what's printed on the selvage. Certain lines of fabric have words, names, or colored dots printed on the selvage (or "clean" edges) which will look a little cheesy to a dinner guest. Not all fabric has this which is why it pays to look before having the fabric cut.
3. After selecting Christmas fabric that will work for a tablecloth, have the person at the cutting counter measure it to the exact length needed.
4. To make a "no sew" tablecloth, carefully pull some of the loose threads away from the "cut" ends to create a fringe. A pin may help in removing the threads more easily. Try to pull away at least an inch's worth of threads from the bottom so that the tablecloth looks fringed instead of merely fraying.
5. That's it! Your tablecloth is now ready to use.
Worth mentioning is that the tablecloth will fray with repeated washings. A product like Arlene's Stop Fraying will help slow down the fraying or you can do what I do instead, and just not worry about it.