The Best Home Sewing Machine in 2022
Janome Lady Lilac Basic, Easy-to-Use, 10-Stitch Portable, Compact Sewing Machine with Free Arm only 5 pounds
Brother XM2701 Lightweight Sewing Machine, White
- 27 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The XM2701 includes 27 built-in stitches including decorative, blind hem, zigzag, and stretch stitches and an auto-size buttonhole
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: The XM2701 comes with 6 sewing feet, 3-piece needle set, twin needle, 4 bobbins, instructional DVD, manual and more
- VERSATILE FREE ARM: This free arm sewing machine is perfect for a wide range of everyday sewing projects, and users from beginners to advanced
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT The XM2701 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online live chat or phone for the life of your machine
Brother Sewing and Quilting Machine, CS6000i, 60 Built-In Stitches, 7 styles of 1-Step Auto-Size Buttonholes, Wide Table, Hard Cover, LCD Display and Auto Needle Threader
- Included Components: Carrying Case/Cover
- Voltage: 110
Cutex (TM) Brand Domestic Home Sewing Machine LED Working Light
- Home Sewing Machine LED Panel Working Light.
- Our new LED lighting panel kit is a super-bright cool white light system for your sewing machine, serger, longarm machine or other use. Featuring 30 individual LEDs on a panel, rotable dimmer switch and all the clips and tape you need to attach to your machine.
- 30 individual LED bulbs panel Easy installation Super bright, cool white light With dimmer switch to adjust brightness Fits most sewing machines and sergers 110 Volt Connects to AC wall outlet
NGOSEW Universal Home Sewing Machine Foot Control Pedal with Cord and Light + Motor Block
- Universal Home Sewing Machines Foot Control Pedal With Light And Motor Block Fits Many Home Sewing Machines
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MOTOR HAS ITS OWN POWER CORD WITH PLUG.
- MADE IN TAIWAN
DUTISON Handheld Sewing Machine - Mini Cordless Portable Electric Sewing Machine - Home Handy Stitch for Clothes Quick Repairing with 15 Accessories
- 【Travel Use& Household】The compact, lightweight and portable design makes this household stitch tool excellent for on-the-spot repairs and serve the emergency needs of stitching.
- 【Easy To Operate】This mini sewing machine is easy to operate, line with the flat edge, automatic moving. Both beginner and professionals can make some DIY arts crafts easily. There are 2 power modes. Can use 4 xAA batteries or DC 6V Power Adapter(Both are Not Included ).
- 【Perfect For Any Material】Suitable for fabric, clothing, silk, jeans, , leather, denim, wool,Hem pants, drapes, holes rips, toy crafts and etc. You can use it to sew hanging curtains as well. Note: The suitable sewing thickness cannot over 1.8mm.
- 【PACKAGE INCLUDES】Portable sewing machine, Instruction Manual, Long-Stick, Threader, 2 Sewing Needles, 9 Bobbins, 10 Safety Pins, Scissor and Measuring Tape.
- 【Mini Sewing Machine】Compared to full-size sewing machine, it is mini and portable with single straight line stitch. Althought the function is simple, it perfect to make some daily mending for your requirement.
SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine with 600-Stitches Electronic Auto Pilot Mode, Extension Table and Bonus Accessories, Perfect for Customizing Projects
- SINGER COMPUTERIZED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 portable sewing machine has loads of ease-of-use features to allow you to fulfill your creative dreams Has a large selection of stitches including basic, stretch and decorative stitches for fashion sewing, quilting, home decor and crafting There’s even a selection of fonts to personalize projects
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to the needle’s eye, in seconds The built-in needle threader threads the eye of the needle for you, eliminating eye strain and frustration
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has 600 Built-In Stitches including 5 Alphanumeric Fonts and 13 built-in 1-Step Buttonholes with Exclusive Buttonhole Underplate It also has Mirror Imaging and Stitch Elongation providing even more creative possibilities
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has a maximum sewing speed of 850 stitches-per-minute, projects can be sewn quickly
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of presser feet are included with the sewing machine: All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot with Underplate, Button Sewing Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Open Toe Foot, Overcasting Foot, Darning and Embroidery Foot, Rolled Hem Foot, Cording Foot, Straight Stitch/Quilting Foot, Even Feed / Walking Foot 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only
50 Pieces HOME SEWING MACHINE NEEDLES ASSORTMENT (ORGAN 15X1 SIZE#9,11,14, 16, 18) 10pcs per size
- 50-piece set of machine needles 15X1, HAX1, 130/705H packaged in five envelopes.Ten pieces of each size.
- Time-tested Organ brand ensures performance; quality; and economy.
- Versatile all-purpose sizes 65/9, 75/11, 90/14 100/16, and 110/18, with flat back shank.
- For machines by: Bernina, Brother, Elna, Husqvarna, Janome, Juki, Melco, Necchi, Baby Lock, New Home, Pfaff, Poem, Riccar, Simplicity, Singer, Viking, White & more home sewing machines.
Universal Foot Control Pedal W/Light & Motor Block FC143 for Home Sewing Machine
- Foot control pedal universally used for many home sewing machines (See machine model list in Product Description section).
- With light & motor block FC143
- 110V input. To connect with, your motor should have its own power cord with plug.
- Check the product description down below for compatibility
100 ORGAN FLAT SHANK 15X1 HAX1 HOME SEWING MACHINE NEEDLES - SIZE #75/11
SINGER | Simple 3232 Portable Sewing Machine with 32 Built-In Stitches Including 19 Decorative Stitches, Automatic Needle Threader and Free Arm, Best Sewing Machine for Beginners
- SINGER PORTABLE SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER 3232 portable sewing machine features 32 built-in stitches, a built-in 1-step buttonhole, built-in needle threader and a heavy-duty metal frame making sewing creative projects fun and easy
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to the needle’s eye in seconds. The built-in needle threader helps you thread the eye of the needle effortlessly
- SEWING SPEED: The SINGER 3232 sewing machine has a maximum speed of 750 stitches-per-minute, so larger projects can be sewn quickly
- HIGH PRESSER FOOT LIFTER: The SINGER Simple 3232 sews several layers of thick fabric. The presser foot can be raised to a higher position for easy positioning of your project
- AUTOMATIC REVERSE SEWING MACHINE: Push the conveniently located automatic reverse button to sew in reverse and reinforce the stitching
- This sewing machine is warranted for use in the US and Canada at 110 volts only. Watts:60
100 Pieces Sewing Needles Home Sewing Machine Needles Size 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, with Needle Bottles with Labels for Singer, Brother, Janome, Varmax
- Humanized packaging: come with 10 clear needle bottles, easy to store and use，keep needles clean and safe, each bottle is labeled to help you recognize the size of the needle
- Quality material：all the needles are made of strong iron alloy, not easily broken or deformed, and are able to sew all kinds of fabrics
- Five sizes：our needles are available in five sizes, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, and it will be applicable for sewing all kinds of fabrics likes chiffon，leather，jeans and so on
- Wide usage: standard sewing needles are designed with flat handle, suitable for most household sewing machines or old sewing machines,suitable for most home sewing machines like singer, brother, kenmore etc.
- Package includes: you will get 100 pieces home sewing machine needles with independent bottles and tags
National Sewing Month – It’s All About the Fabric
I have been sewing for over 40 years and ever since President Ronald Regan declared September to be National Sewing Month at the request of the American Home Sewing and Craft Association in 1982, September has been my favorite month
I have been sewing for over 40 years. Ever since President Ronald Regan declared September to be National Sewing Month at the request of the American Home Sewing and Craft Association in 1982, September has been my favorite month. National Sewing Month represents many different things to people in the sewing and craft world. Some people wait in anticipation for the release of sewing or craft innovations. Others peruse their emails, newsletters and newspapers looking for the special September sale ads and discount coupons. For me, it is all about the fabric.
Tried and true fabrics
Although I have a long history of sewing, I realized earlier this year that I had only worked with a few types of fabric. Being an avid quilter, cotton is the fabric I use the most and know the best. However, I have worked with wool, satin, velvet, leather, denim, fleece, flannel, tulle, linen, velour, organza, lace, felt, corduroy, and some upholstery fabrics. Some people may think this is a huge list, but in the sewing world where there are hundreds of different types of fabrics, this is just a small pin in a seamstress' well-used pincushion. Each one of these fabrics, if constructed from good material and in the right hands, can be made into beautiful, functional clothing, quilts and linens.
Trying new fabrics
Being in a fabric rut, I was not sure how to go about trying new fabrics. Should I purchase a pattern that recommended a fabric I had not worked with before? Should I find the fabric and then the pattern? I decided I should first find out more about fabrics, so I purchased the book Simplicity Fabric Guide: The Ultimate Fiber Resource. Between this book and the internet, I was able to find out a lot about fabric types, how they are made, how to care for them, what they are best suited for, and much more.
This past summer, I made two dresses; one from a double knit fabric and the other from a jersey knit fabric. These fabrics stretch so instead of relying solely on book instructions, I viewed helpful how-to videos on the internet.
Working with a new type of fabric can be daunting. That is why I always buy a little extra of the fabric to practice on. I will use a small section to see if and how the fabric frays when cut. I'll check my stitch settings to ensure I have the upper and lower tensions set correctly.
I recommend all seamstresses and crafters try a new fabric during September, the National Sewing Month.
Sources: Personal Experience, Simplicity Fabric Guide: The Ultimate Fiber Resource