Serger Sewing Machine Reviews Best in 2021
Singer 14CG754 Serger 2-3-4 Thread Capability Overlock with Blind, Rolled Hems and Flatlocking, Take Your Creations to The Next Level, White
JUKI MO654DE Portable Thread Serger Sewing Machine
- 2/3/4 Thread serger with automatic rolled hem
- Color coded threading breakaway looper external adjustment for stitch length and differential feed
- Powerful knife system with dedicated drive mechanism. Sewing Speed: Max. 1500 spm
- Sews light to heavy weight fabric. Max. Stitch Length- 4mm
- Safety Switch machine will not run when swing cover is open.Differential Feed:0.7 : 2.0 Ratio
SINGER Heavy Duty 4452 Accessories, 32 Built, 60% Stronger Motor, Stainless Steel Bedplate, 48% Faster Stitching Speed & Automatic Nee Sewing Machine, Grey
- SINGER HEAVY DUTY SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Heavy Duty 4452 sewing machine boasts an array of features that make creating elegant garments and gifts for yourself and others fun and exciting. The Sewing machine with 32 built-in stitches includes 6 Basic, 7 Stretch, 18 Decorative Stitches and 1 Fully Automatic 1-step Buttonholes. A large variety of stitches for all types of sewing and perfect for crafts, home decor, clothing construction and much more
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER SEWING MACHINE: After following the threading path printed right on the machine, this built-in feature helps you to effortlessly thread the eye of the needle without eye strain or frustration, Machine Size - 15.5 x 6.25 x 12 inches
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE: The Singer 4452 sewing machine has a maximum sewing speed of 1,100 stitches-per-minute, so projects can be sewn quickly. The 60% Stronger Motor than standard sewing machines allows it to sew through heavyweight fabrics with ease.
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: Four bonus Heavy Duty optimized accessories included: Even Feed / Walking Foot for layers of fabric, Non-Stick Foot for leather and vinyl, a 5-pack of Size 16 needles and a Clearance Plate for thick seams. Plus a variety of must-have accessories are included with all-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, seam ripper / lint brush, quilting guide, needles, bobbins, screwdriver, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt are all conveniently located and stored in the accessory tray. A soft-sided dust cover is also included in the packaging
- BEST SELLING SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Heavy Duty 4452 sewing machine is a true workhorse. The stainless steel bedplate enables smooth fabric flow and the heavy duty interior metal frame ensures skip-free sewing. Top drop-in bobbin is easy to insert, remove and monitor thread supply
- This sewing machine is warranted for use in the US and Canada at 110 volts only
- Amps (0.7) / Watts (84) / Volts (120V) / Hertz (60)
Janome Jem Gold Plus Portable Sewing Machine with Light Serging System (LSS) Model 661
- Built In LSS (Light Serging System) gives you the capability to trim fabric as you sew
- Drop Feed for freemotion quilting
- Built in 4 step buttonhole
- Extra high life presser foot system
Juki HZL-LB5100 Computerized Sewing Machine
- Juki HZL-LB5100 Computerized Sewing Machine The Juki HZL-LB5100 Computerized Sewing Machine is so easy to use with a complete range of basic to advanced functions. The HZL-LB5100 is a compact machine with a simple design just right for beginner to advances sewist.
- 100 Stitch Patterns LCD Screen Auto Needle threader Variable Speed Override
- 7 Point Feed Dog System Variable Speed Override 1 Step Button Hole Easy to start on thick Fabrics Needle Up / Down Positioning
Brother XM2701 Lightweight Sewing Machine, White
- 27 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The XM2701 includes 27 built-in stitches including decorative, blind hem, zigzag, and stretch stitches and an auto-size buttonhole
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: The XM2701 comes with 6 sewing feet, 3-piece needle set, twin needle, 4 bobbins, instructional DVD, manual and more
- VERSATILE FREE ARM: This free arm sewing machine is perfect for a wide range of everyday sewing projects, and users from beginners to advanced
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT The XM2701 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online live chat or phone for the life of your machine
SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine with 600-Stitches Electronic Auto Pilot Mode, Extension Table and Bonus Accessories, Perfect for Customizing Projects
- SINGER COMPUTERIZED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 portable sewing machine has loads of ease-of-use features to allow you to fulfill your creative dreams Has a large selection of stitches including basic, stretch and decorative stitches for fashion sewing, quilting, home decor and crafting There’s even a selection of fonts to personalize projects
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to the needle’s eye, in seconds The built-in needle threader threads the eye of the needle for you, eliminating eye strain and frustration
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has 600 Built-In Stitches including 5 Alphanumeric Fonts and 13 built-in 1-Step Buttonholes with Exclusive Buttonhole Underplate It also has Mirror Imaging and Stitch Elongation providing even more creative possibilities
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has a maximum sewing speed of 850 stitches-per-minute, projects can be sewn quickly
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of presser feet are included with the sewing machine: All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot with Underplate, Button Sewing Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Open Toe Foot, Overcasting Foot, Darning and Embroidery Foot, Rolled Hem Foot, Cording Foot, Straight Stitch/Quilting Foot, Even Feed / Walking Foot 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only
SINGER | Heavy Duty 4423 Sewing Machine with 23 Built-In Stitches -12 Decorative Stitches, 60% Stronger Motor & Automatic Needle Threader, Perfect for Sewing all Types of Fabrics with Ease
- SINGER HEAVY DUTY SEWING MACHINE: The 23 built-in stitches including basic, stretch, decorative, and buttonhole stitches allow you to sew a variety of projects, such as fashions, home décor, quilts, crafts, and more
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER SEWING MACHINE: After following the threading path printed right on the machine, this built-in feature helps you to effortlessly thread the eye of the needle without eye strain or frustration
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE:The Singer 4423 Sewing Machine has a maximum sewing speed of 1, 100 stitches-per-minute, so projects can be sewn quickly. The 60% Stronger Motor provides greater piercing power for thick seams
- HEAVY DUTY METAL FRAME: The Singer 4423 heavy duty sewing machine is a true workhorse. With a heavy-duty metal interior frame, stainless steel bedframe, extra-high sewing speed and powerful motor, this sewing machine can sew through a variety of heavy weight fabrics and provides long lasting stability
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories are included with All-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, seam ripper/lint brush, quilting guide, needles, bobbins, screwdriver, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt are all conveniently located and stored in the accessory tray. A soft-sided dust cover is also included in the packaging
- WARRANTY: SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Portable Sewing Machine has 25 Year Limited Warranty. Note : Refer to the Videos and also the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for Manuals.
Brother Sewing and Quilting Machine, CS6000i, 60 Built-In Stitches, 7 styles of 1-Step Auto-Size Buttonholes, Wide Table, Hard Cover, LCD Display and Auto Needle Threader
- Included Components: Carrying Case/Cover
- Voltage: 110
Singer Professional 5 14T968DC 2-3-4-5 Threaded Capability, Including Cover Stitch, Auto Tension, and Bonus Presser Feet Serger, White
- SINGER PROFESSIONAL SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER 14T968DC Serger machine has 2-3-4-5 thread capability providing a wide selection of stitch options for all types of projects with professional results every time.
- SELF-ADJUSTING TENSION: The SINGER 14T968DC Serger has a self-adjusting tension system. Simply turn a dial to select the chart, and the tension settings for that stitch are adjusted automatically.
- SEWING SPEED: The SINGER Professional 5 14T968DC serger has a maximum sewing speed of 1,300 stitches-per-minute, so projects can be sewn quickly.
- 4 BUILT-IN ROLLED HEMS: The SINGER Professional 14T968DC 5 sewing machine converting to the Rolled Hem sewing mode is effortless. An easy access lever moves the stitch finger in position for rolled hemming.
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Professional 5 14T968DC serger has a wide range of stitch options for sewing seams, hems, decorative edges, rolled hems, cover hems, and more..Amps : 0.5
- This sewing machine is warranted for use in the US and Canada at 110 volts only. Note: To ensure proper stitching, it is important to keep tension while threading the machine.
- Limited 90-DAY Warranty for Adjustments, Belts, Rings, Bulbs, Attachments; Limited 2-Year Warranty for Motors, Light assembly, Wiring, Switches,Speed control and Electronic Components; Limited 25-Year Warranty for Sewing Machine Head
Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW Electric Sewing Machine - 50 Built-In Stitches - Automatic Threading
- Brother Project Runway model delivers couture-level, consistent stitch quality
- 50 stitches – customize in style with built-in clothing, decorative, heirloom and quilting stitches. Free Arm for Sewing Cuffs and Sleeves. Maximum Sewing Speed (Stitches Per Minute)850
- Includes complete designer sewing and finishing solutions, with 6 specialty feet, accompanying stitches, and specialty needles. Enjoy designer features for blind hems, zippers, overcasting edges, sewing on buttons, knits and stretch fabrics, twin needle top stitching, and more
- Professional, elegant buttonholes – 5 one-step buttonholes automatically sized to fit your specific buttons, for truly custom results
- Reliable, easy threading of both top thread and bobbin – for consistent, high quality stitching. Please note: this machine is recommended for use in countries that do not support 120V AC, even if a voltage adapter is in use
Yamata FY5318 Walking Foot Lockstitch Uphostery Leather Sewing Machine Servo Motor,Table.Assembly Required
- ✅ FY5318 Lockstitch Sewing Machines ''Waking Foot'' + table+clutch motor, complete set (Juki table style).✅ASSEMBLY REQUIRED, please note machine comes unassambled
- ✅ It is suited to sewing, for example, car & boats seats, general upholstery and leather articles, belts, canvas, tents, awnings, handbags, outdoor wear, camping goods,jeans,vinyl goods etc
- ✅Sewing speed (spm) 1,350, Stitch length until 8 mm (5-16 stitches per inch), Needle bar stroke (mm) 35.0, Thread take-up stroke (mm) 61.3, Foot lifting clearance (1/4") By hand, By knee 1/2" - Sew material up 3/8" thick, Needle DB x 1 #22, Rotating Large Hook Heavy duty, Walking Foot - Feeding action for difficult materials, Stitch regular Dial type, Reverse sewing Lever type, Lubrication Automatic lubrication (Centrifugal impeller pump system), Return oil device Plunger pump system,
- ✅Machine Manufactured to the Highest Japanese Mitsubishi company standards., *Interchangeable Presser Feet with Juki 141, Brother 797, Chandler 337, Nakajima 181L. Mitsubishi DY350, LY3300 and others
- ✅* It comes complete with sewing machine table and Servo Motor 1/2 hp, 1750 RPM, 110 Volt, everything (drawer, belt, tools and instruction manual) brand new, packed in sealed boxes and never been used before.** Professional Assembly required.
The Ladder Stitch - a Useful Hand Sewing Technique
Hand sewing is important, even in the age of sewing machines. Mend your clothing seamlessly using this easy to learn and execute technique.
The ladder stitch is a specific hand sewing stitch used to join two pieces of fabric "invisibly," or without the thread showing. While it is technically impossible for the thread not to show, this technique bares as little of the inner workings of the stitching as possible. The most common applications for the ladder stitch are sewing hems or seams, but it may be used for other applications as well.
To execute the ladder stitch, thread a hand sewing needle of the appropriate gauge for the fabric you are using. Fine fabrics require fine needles, while denser fabrics, like denim, use larger needles. Fold the raw edges of the fabric under. Bring the needle through a small piece of one side of the folded fabric, just below the fold. Only the fold is sewn, rendering the stitching nearly invisible. The needle is drawn back and forth horizontally through each side of the fabric, the stitches resembling the rungs of a ladder.
Some individuals cannot learn to hand stitch via textual descriptions. Craft Magazine has created an excellent video demonstration of this stitch that can be found here.
Because it is invisible or near invisible, the ladder stitch has a distinct advantage over other popular hand stitches like the running stitch or back stitch while providing the same amount of durability and strength to the finished sewn item, if not more-so. In addition to the strength added by using the ladder stitch, the time commitment needed to perform this stitch is significantly less than, say, the time needed to sew a garment with a backstitch. The invisibility of the seam lends a finished, neat appearance to a hand-stitched garment.Take note that while no stitch is completely invisible, using a thread that matches your fabric will minimize the appearance of this strong, subtle stitching method. For a wild and funky look, experiment with a contrasting or complimentary thread color.