Best Versatile Sewing Machine in 2023
The Magic Pattern Book: Sew 6 Patterns into 36 Different Styles!
Brother XM2701 Lightweight Sewing Machine, White
- 27 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The XM2701 includes 27 built-in stitches including decorative, blind hem, zigzag, and stretch stitches and an auto-size buttonhole
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: The XM2701 comes with 6 sewing feet, 3-piece needle set, twin needle, 4 bobbins, instructional DVD, manual and more
- VERSATILE FREE ARM: This free arm sewing machine is perfect for a wide range of everyday sewing projects, and users from beginners to advanced
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT The XM2701 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online live chat or phone for the life of your machine
I Can Make Dolls' Clothes: Easy-to-follow patterns to make clothes and accessories for your favorite doll
Lotta Jansdotter Everyday Style: Key Pieces to Sew + Accessories, Styling, and Inspiration
SINGER | Heavy Duty 4423 Sewing Machine with 23 Built-In Stitches -12 Decorative Stitches, 60% Stronger Motor & Automatic Needle Threader, Perfect for Sewing all Types of Fabrics with Ease
- SINGER HEAVY DUTY SEWING MACHINE: The 23 built-in stitches including basic, stretch, decorative, and buttonhole stitches allow you to sew a variety of projects, such as fashions, home décor, quilts, crafts, and more
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER SEWING MACHINE: After following the threading path printed right on the machine, this built-in feature helps you to effortlessly thread the eye of the needle without eye strain or frustration
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE:The Singer 4423 Sewing Machine has a maximum sewing speed of 1, 100 stitches-per-minute, so projects can be sewn quickly. The 60% Stronger Motor provides greater piercing power for thick seams
- HEAVY DUTY METAL FRAME: The Singer 4423 heavy duty sewing machine is a true workhorse. With a heavy-duty metal interior frame, stainless steel bedframe, extra-high sewing speed and powerful motor, this sewing machine can sew through a variety of heavy weight fabrics and provides long lasting stability
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories are included with All-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, seam ripper/lint brush, quilting guide, needles, bobbins, screwdriver, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt are all conveniently located and stored in the accessory tray. A soft-sided dust cover is also included in the packaging
- WARRANTY: SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Portable Sewing Machine has 25 Year Limited Warranty. Note : Refer to the Videos and also the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for Manuals.
Design-It-Yourself Clothes: Patternmaking Simplified
Janome DC1050 Computerized Sewing Machine with 1/4 Inch Seam Foot, 2ea Size and 12 Needle Pack
- Janome DC1050 sewing machine has the features you need to complete any project: home decor, garment sewing, scrapbooking, or quilting.
- Fifty stitches, including three automatic one step buttonholes, provide a large variety for your diverse sewing needs. The Janome DC1050 also includes all of the features you expect only from a high end Janome Decor machine, allowing you to sew with precision and confidence.
- With features like memorized needle up/down, speed control slide, backlit lcd screen with fast navigation, start/stop button and more you would expect the Janome DC 1050 to be priced much higher.
- Even at this low price it still is the same Janome high quality precision machine you have to come to expect.
- Bonus Kit Includes: 1/4" Seam Foot, 2ea Size 12 Needle Pack
Janome DC2013 Computerized Sewing Machine with Exclusive Bundle
- Bonus Bundle Includes: Purple Tote [color may vary], 2 Pack of 10 Janome Bobbins, 2 Pack Size 14 Needles
- The Janome DC 2013 sewing machine has the features you need to complete any project, home decor, garment sewing, scrapbooking, or quilting.
- The Janome DC 2013 features fifty stitches, including three buttonholes, which give essential variety for your diverse sewing needs.
- It also includes all of the features you always expect from a high end Janome Decor machine, allowing you to sew with computerized precision and confidence.
ProCase Sewing Machine Tote Bag, Universal Carrying Case for Most Standard Size Sewing Machine Brother, Singer and Janome, with Sewing Accessories Storage Pockets and Shoulder Strap -Grey
- ProCase Sewing Machine Tote Bag is designed for storing and carrying your sewing machine, sewing needle, cottons and other sewing accessories
- [Universal Size]: 16 x 13.25 x 10.25 inches; Compatible with most standard size sewing machine, including Singer, Brother, Janome, Bernina etc.
- [Superior Protection]: made of durable Polyster fabric with reinforced stiches and well-padded interior, protecting your precious machine in a good way
- [Sufficient Storage Space]: built with multiple separated compartments: large front compartment, two side pockets and built-in clear pouch inside the case for storing as many as your sewing accessories
- [Portable and Comfortable]: designed with an adjustable and well-padded shoulder strap and comfortable handles, easy to carry around, ideal for travel and daily use
Brother XR3774 Full-Featured Quilting Machine with 37 Stitches, 8 Sewing Feet, Wide Table, and Instructional DVD, 8 Included Sewing Feet, Red, 8 Included Sewing Feet
- Easy-to-use, value-packed and versatile, perfect for a wide range of everyday sewing projects
- Least expensive Brother sewing machine that Includes a wide table for large scale projects such as quilts
- 37 unique built-in stitches, including a great selection of decorative stitches (74 total stitch functions), and a one-step auto-size buttonholer for virtually perfect buttonholes
- Includes 8 sewing feet, with buttonhole, zipper, zigzag, blind stitch, button sewing, narrow hemmer, walking and quilting feet. Maximum Sewing Speed (Stitches Per Minute): 800
- Ease of use features include built-in needle threader, jam-resistant top drop-in bobbin and brightly lit LED work area
Consew 206RB-5 Walking Foot Industrial Sewing Machine with Table and Servo Motor
- The industry favorite machine, #1 professionals choice. One of the most reliable machines on the market.
- Walking foot compound feed (triple feed) industrial sewing machine
- Features Extra Long Max. stich length 10mm, High foot lift 9/16" (14mm), Large Bobbin, adjustable height of the walking motion
- Perfect for Furniture Upholstery, Leather, Auto, Marine and canvas work.
- Comes with Table and Servo Motor - everything you need to start sewing. Beautiful white color.
Brother Quilting Machine, HC1850 185 Built-in Stitches, LCD Display, 8 Included Sewing Feet
- 185 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The HC1850 includes 130 sewing stitches including 8 styles of auto-size buttonholes, plus 55 alphanumeric sewing stitches
- ADVANCED NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing and quilting machine includes an advanced needle threading function that easily pushes thread through the needle with the press of a lever and a jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: The HC1850 quilting and sewing machine includes a wide table, 8 feet, instructional DVD, manual and more
- LCD SCREEN: Easily select your stitches with the touch of a button and view your selections on the LCD display
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT: The HC1850 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online, live chat or phone for the life of your machine
Remembering the Rock and Roll Machine
Some memories last a lifetime. Watching the heavy metal band "Triumph" perform in the summer of 1979 is one of those memories.
I remember the event like it was yesterday. In fact, it was the summer of my senior year of high school - circa 1979. I was still living in my birthplace of San Antonio, Texas and Heavy Metal music was king. When a heavy metal group toured the nation they were sure to make a stop in San Antonio. So when I learned that the Canadian rock group - "Triumph" was coming into town I was ecstatic. My sister and her fiancé were also ecstatic since they both shared the same love for heavy metal music as I did.
Back in the day there was no such thing as "on-line" ticket ordering. What the heavy metal enthusiast had to do, in order to secure a good seat, was to wait patiently in line until the box office opened up on the first day of ticket sales. It was not uncommon for a fan to spend the night waiting in line until the box office opened its window for ticket sales.
My sister's fiancé and I decided that we would spend the night waiting in line in front of the San Antonio Hemisfair Arena box office. It was our hope that this sacrifice would result in getting prime seats for this event. To play it safe we decided to arrive at the Hemisfair Arena at 7:00 pm and camp out the entire night until the box office opened the following morning at 9:00 am. My sister carefully packed some snacks and beverages for us and off we went to begin our overnight camping trip. To our surprise, we were the third ones in line. We knew we were certainly going to get great floor seats. We listened to Triumph cassette tapes throughout the night and played cards to pass the time. The box office opened up promptly at 9:00 am and we purchased three floor seats on the second row. The cost per ticket was a whopping $8. The sacrifice of trying to sleep on the concrete pavement was well worth it.
Triumph (aka: The Rock and Roll Machine), rolled into town at the end of summer. The band was special to me and was one of my favorites during my high school years (along with Rush, AC/DC, Judas Priest, and The Scorpions). I was mesmerized by the lead guitarist, Rik Emmett, who was nicknamed "The Rocket" because of his amazing hand speed on the electric guitar. The band was gritty and hard charging and I fancied myself as having those qualities as well.
The Hemisfair Arena was the place to be for a heavy metal concert. Sadly, it was torn down in 1995 soon after the Alamodome was constructed. I sat through many concerts in that venue and I vividly recall the great acoustics. It would often take me a couple of hours to regain full use of my hearing after attending concerts at that venue. The performance put on by Triumph was no exception. What made it memorable was that I witnessed it from the second row. The light show was spectacular (what is a heavy metal show without flashing lights and explosions.) The music was loud and raucous - just the way I liked it. And I felt alive. It was show that I would never forget.
My youngest son, who recently turned 13 years of age, has become a fan of heavy metal music and is fast becoming an accomplished electric guitarist. Recently I found him going through my collection of heavy metal albums. I find that some things are hard to part with (such as my heavy metal albums). He came across my old Triumph albums and asked me about the band. As I told him about Triumph, I found myself again in the Hemisfair Arena rocking out to the sounds of The Rock and Roll Machine. Some memories are meant to last forever.