12 Best Small Sewing Scissors
Updated on: May 2023
Best Small Sewing Scissors in 2023
SINGER 00557 4-1/2-Inch ProSeries Detail Scissors with Nano Tip, Teal
Fiskars 94817797 Micro-Tip Scissors, 5 Inch, Orange
- Ideal for cutting tight patterns and intricate details on a wide range of fabrics, cutting at awkward angles or in tight spaces or making quick thread snips
- Micro-Tip blades provide superior cutting precision
- High-grade, precision-ground, stainless-steel blades offer a lasting sharp edge that cuts all the way to the tip
- Length: 4.9 inch
- Lifetime warranty
Mr. Pen- Scissors, Sewing Scissors, 9.5 inch Premium Tailor Scissors, Heavy Duty Scissors, Fabric Shears, Fabric Scissors, Heavy Duty Scissor, Sharp Scissors, Sewing Shears, Utility Scissors, Paper
- Tailor Scissors made form high-density Stainless Steel Rust Resistant
- Fabric Scissors great for cutting fabrics, sewing, tailoring, quilting, dressmaking, cutting patterns, alterations, hand craft, and everyday home and office use
- Ergonomic soft-grip handle design for precision control and maximum comfort
- Premium Rust and Adhesive resistant, Stainless Steel Blade For Sharp Cutting Edge With Life-Time Warranty
- Designed For Right-Hand And Left-Hand Use
Singer Bundle - Detail Scissors, Thread Snips, 8.5" Scissors
- Includes Singer ProSeries Thread Snips, ProSeries 8 1/2 inch Heavy Duty Scissors, and ProSeries 4 1/2 inch Detail Scissors
- 5-inch thread snips to easily snip away unwanted fabric threads during sewing or crafting projects
- 8.5-inch dressmaker scissors for easily cutting through multiple layers of fabric for sewing or crafting projects
- Scissor blades have been individually inspected and hand tested to ensure quality
- Right- or Left-handed use
Sharpest and Precise Stainless Steel Curved & Straight Thread Cutting Scissors with Protective Cover - Ideal for Embroidery, Quilting, Sewing & Any Crafting
- These Scissors are idea for your crafting needs. Sharp to the edge or tips, it cuts once it touches the surface of the thread, It is so sharp the cutting is effortless Very unique design and can cut cleanly in a wide variety of small areas.
- The size is great for cross stitch, embroidery, knitting, sewing, thread & yarn cutting, crocheting Etc. Very stylish and with cover for safety and easy storing. Very functional & cuts very clean even the hard to reach places! Perfect for handwork projects & for storing them in the purse or craft box.
- 2-in-1 set comes with a Straight Sharp Design and Serrated for silky and soft thread. The scissor is designed to perfectly cut silky material. This scissors are extremely useful when needed to carefully tease out and snip a thread without worrying about damaging the surrounding threads or the underlying fabric.
- Perfect for Machine Embroidery, it works perfectly for snipping embroidery projects and operates very smoothly, it doesn’t hurt fingers! Carefully handmade and tested. Our scissors has its own quality control aspects which are checked step by step to ensure quality standard is achieved.
- Office, Production and Packing are set up in the same facility to ensure the efficient operation of the company. excellent quality and best price.
Gingher 8-Inch Knife Edge Dressmaker's Shears
- Longer cut ideal for patterns, seams or long swaths
- Knife edge cuts multiple layers
- Bent handle design holds fabric flat
PENTA ANGEL 4.1inch Sewing Scissors Yarn Thread Cutter Mini Small Snips Trimming Nipper - Great for Stitch,DIY Supplies (3PCS, Multicolor)
- Material： High-carbon steel blades
- Size :about 4.1inch length, Net weight about :0.59oz
- Yarn cutter is very useful and practical tool for variety of material, fishing line, fabric, thread
- Sharp blades make you fix the plants and branches effortlessly.
- Simple to use, and easy to carry,It's the good helper of the daily household
LIVINGO Premium Tailor Scissors Heavy Duty Multi-Purpose Titanium Coating Forged Stainless Steel Sewing Fabric Leather Dressmaking Softgrip Shears Professional Crafting (9.5 INCH)
- DURABLE Strong Stainless Steel Rust Resistant Blades: Forging press manufacturing process enables high-density steel that makes 3 times harder than normal stainless steel and are smoother cutting.
- ULTRA SHARP and ALL-PURPOSE: Easy for cutting more than 16 layers of fabrics. Ideal for sewing, tailoring, quilting, dressmaking, cutting patterns, alterations, hand craft, home and office use etc.
- MULTI-COLOR TITANIUM coating blades. They are strongly resistant to rusting and to adhensives such as glue and tape, making them ideal for almost any kinds of tasks.
- SOFTGRIP handle: Ergonomic design for precision control and max comfort.
- LIFETIME: Every Product is independently tested and selected to ensure the performance you expect, for everyday low price. The result is a quality item backed by our commitment to your satisfaction.
Scissors, 8" Multipurpose Scissors Bulk 3-Pack, Ultra Sharp Blade Shears, Comfort-Grip Handles, Sturdy Sharp Scissors for Office Home School Sewing Fabric Craft Supplies, Fit Both Right/Left Handed
- Definitely household scissors -- Great for cutting burlap, paper, cardboard, light line, fabric, tape, photos. Perfect for sewing, tailoring, quilting, dressmaking, cutting patterns, alterations, hand craft. Exceptional scissors for multiple uses around the home, in the Handcraft Workshop, in the bathroom, on the dresser, in the study, in the laundry room, mail room, craft room, at the office, great for most regular household tasks. Suitable for teachers middle / high school classroom supplies.
- 3 Pairs of Quality Straight Handled Scissors -- They are strongly allow you to make precise cuts with great control as the blade have the perfect amount of friction, Very comfortable to use. 3 pairs of straight handled scissors for smooth, efficient cutting sissors for general use.
- Competitive Price -- Durable stainless steel blades enables high-density steel that makes 3 times harder than normal stainless steel and are smoother cutting. 6X longer lasting than the previous formula and remain sharp for 100,000+ cuts. blades stay sharper longer; We chose bright colors, green / purple / orange. different color rubber handles are used in different places, Soft-grip holes let you maintain a comfortable, can be used left- or right-handed.
- iBayam 8-Inch Soft-Grip Scissors -- 3 special scissors are suitable for most items that need to be cut. It can also be used as a household scissors for cutting open frozen food bags ready for cooking. Convenient, sturdy, especially sharp scissors for general use, very durable.
Best Sewing Scissors - Leather Craft Scissors - Comfortable Heavy Duty Handles & Ultra Sharp Shears Blades - Great 4 Quilting, Fabric, Tailors & Dressmakers, Tape Measure, Thread Snips, 3 Seam Rippers
- 🥇 #1 SHARPEST SEWING SCISSORS FOR EVEN THE TOUGHEST MATERIALS! Did you know that our ProMaster Sewing Scissors are made from High Carbon Steel that is stronger and more durable than other stainless steel scissors? Plus, our scissor blades stay razor-sharp even after cutting through the toughest materials!
- ✂ ⌚ SAVE TIME & EFFORT WITH THE BEST ALL-PURPOSE SCISSORS… Do you want industrial-grade craft scissors that can easily cut through leather, rope, plastic, carpet, fabric, burlap, paper, vinyl, denim, and much more? Our premium scissors are the best to cleanly cut fabric all the way to the tip of the scissors to make short work of all of your heavy-duty home and office projects!
- 👏 ERGONOMIC COMFORT YOUR FINGERS CRAVE! Say goodbye to pain and sore fingers, forearms, and wrists from trying to cut with dull scissors. Our heavy-duty scissors make short work of all your cutting projects and provide the top ergonomic comfort grip.
- 🎁 AMAZING GIFT IDEA FOR TAILORS, CRAFTERS, & DRESSMAKERS: Are you looking for the ultimate gift for that tailor or crafter in your life? Our high-end set includes everything you need for your next project: Professional 9” Sharp All-Purpose Sewing Scissors, a Tape Measure, Thread Snips, 3 Sewing Picks, Safety Scissors Sleeve, and Premium Packaging!
- 🤝 💪 💲 GUARANTEED TO CLEANLY CUT 16 LAYERS OF FABRIC AT ONCE… You deserve top quality scissors that get the job done fast and easy! Your ProMaster Sewing Scissors are the only scissors guaranteed to cleanly cut up to 16 layers of fabric at once - or your money back! Click the yellow “Add to Cart” button today, knowing you are getting the best!
Acronde 2PCS Vintage Stork Shape Sewing Scissors Stainless Steel Tailor Scissors Sharp Sewing Shears for Embroidery, Sewing, Craft, Art Work & Everyday Use (Gold)
- Material: made of finest stainless steel and resist corrosion, rust and stain. Using for a long time.
- Effective: having pointed edge and sharp blades, can save time to finish your work. perfect for cutting thread and paper items, but not for heavy yarn or hard fabric.
- Pleasant: The fantastic plated scissors are really light and comfortable to use, the plated handle fits right to your fingers, and you can feel smooth and soft to the touch. It looks like a lovely little bird hopping on the palm of your hand.
- Wonderful gift: Beautiful scissors is an good ideal for some people who like embroidering or DIY, is also a great addition to a personal collection.
- Package include: 2PCS vintage style small sewing scissors. Large scissors size: 4.5" x 1.9", small scissors size: 3.7" x 1.6".
Westcott 13865 4-Inch Sewing Titanium Bonded Curved Embroidery Scissors
- 3X harder than Stainless Steel, blades stay sharper longer
- Corrosion resistant with contoured soft grip handles
- Lightweight, yet durable enough for any project
- Ideal detailed cutting of paper, cardboard, light line, fabric and other materials
- Limited Lifetime Manufacturer’s Warranty
Learn How to Sew with Free Sewing Lessons
You can learn how to sew with these free sewing lessons. The free sewing lessons can be printed.
She did, however, learn how to use a sewing machine and learn the basics of sewing in a costume class she took in college. She had to take the two classes she took for her degree. She said she liked the costume making classes. She said she didn't realize how fun sewing could be.
I remember having to make one sewing project each semester in home economics class the years that I took it in high school. I remember making alphabet pillows, a skirt, a vest, a jacket and a pair of pants. The year that I made the vest for class, we had a modeling show of what projects we made that year.
I still sew from time to time these days. I don't do it as often as I use to. The last big project I did was the year my daughter and her best friend were seniors. I made three skirts for the musical Oklahoma they did. I made a skirt for her friends sister, her friend and my daughter for their chorus part in the play.
Let the Sewing Begin
At the time of writing this there are twelve available sewing lessons on let the sewing begin. There is one that says coming soon that would make thirteen when it becomes available. There is a note above the lessons that says you can subscribe to a newsletter that will allow you to know when new lessons and updates are available.
You will need to click on the links to get to the lessons for sewing. Once you have clicked the link, you will be taken to the lesson you want to read. There is a note on the pages that says you should follow any additional links that provides more information about the topics in that lesson.
You can print each of the sewing lessons from the page you are viewing. If you are going to do this, I would suggest getting one of the cheap paper folders that have the hole tabs so you can put the lessons in there to have them handy.
Once you have read the article on how to sew, you can click the next lesson below the article. You will be able to read all the lessons without having to go back to the original list. If you want to go back to the original list, you can click on the sewing lesson index.
For further information about sewing on this site, you can scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will see more articles about different sewing topics.
If you are a fan of What Not to Wear, you have heard Stacy and Clinton often say make alterations to clothes where it is needed. This is due to the people they help with their new wardrobe. Like many of us, the people on these shows have areas where clothes don't fit. They have to move up a size to get the piece of clothing to fit in the bust, shoulders, or over their butts. Then the rest of the piece of clothing doesn't fit right in other areas of the body. This is when Stacy and Clinton tell them to take the clothes in for alterations.
By learning to sew, you can do your own alterations rather than paying someone else to do most of the alterations. For instance, you will be able to re-hem the pants to make them shorter if needed. You will be able to alter the side seams of a blouse that is to large when it fits in the other areas. If you don't feel comfortable with altering a jacket or something similar, you could take that to an alteration shop and have them do it.
To do the alterations yourself, you will need to have a little help. You will need to have someone willing to help pin the areas that you need to take in. If you don't feel comfortable calling someone up to come help you with this without offering something in return, have them bring a piece or two of clothing over that needs altering or mended. This way they will be more willing to help you for something in return.