Best Singer Sewing Machine For Beginners in 2021
SINGER Start 1304 6 Built-in Stitches, Free Arm Best Sewing Machine for Beginners
SINGER | Simple 3232 Portable Sewing Machine with 32 Built-In Stitches Including 19 Decorative Stitches, Automatic Needle Threader and Free Arm, Best Sewing Machine for Beginners
- SINGER PORTABLE SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER 3232 portable sewing machine features 32 built-in stitches, a built-in 1-step buttonhole, built-in needle threader and a heavy-duty metal frame making sewing creative projects fun and easy
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to the needle’s eye in seconds. The built-in needle threader helps you thread the eye of the needle effortlessly
- SEWING SPEED: The SINGER 3232 sewing machine has a maximum speed of 750 stitches-per-minute, so larger projects can be sewn quickly
- HIGH PRESSER FOOT LIFTER: The SINGER Simple 3232 sews several layers of thick fabric. The presser foot can be raised to a higher position for easy positioning of your project
- AUTOMATIC REVERSE SEWING MACHINE: Push the conveniently located automatic reverse button to sew in reverse and reinforce the stitching
- This sewing machine is warranted for use in the US and Canada at 110 volts only. Watts:60
Brother XM2701 Lightweight Sewing Machine, White
- 27 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The XM2701 includes 27 built-in stitches including decorative, blind hem, zigzag, and stretch stitches and an auto-size buttonhole
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: The XM2701 comes with 6 sewing feet, 3-piece needle set, twin needle, 4 bobbins, instructional DVD, manual and more
- VERSATILE FREE ARM: This free arm sewing machine is perfect for a wide range of everyday sewing projects, and users from beginners to advanced
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT The XM2701 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online live chat or phone for the life of your machine
SINGER | Heavy Duty 4423 Sewing Machine with 23 Built-In Stitches -12 Decorative Stitches, 60% Stronger Motor & Automatic Needle Threader, Perfect for Sewing all Types of Fabrics with Ease
- SINGER HEAVY DUTY SEWING MACHINE: The 23 built-in stitches including basic, stretch, decorative, and buttonhole stitches allow you to sew a variety of projects, such as fashions, home décor, quilts, crafts, and more
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER SEWING MACHINE: After following the threading path printed right on the machine, this built-in feature helps you to effortlessly thread the eye of the needle without eye strain or frustration
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE:The Singer 4423 Sewing Machine has a maximum sewing speed of 1, 100 stitches-per-minute, so projects can be sewn quickly. The 60% Stronger Motor provides greater piercing power for thick seams
- HEAVY DUTY METAL FRAME: The Singer 4423 heavy duty sewing machine is a true workhorse. With a heavy-duty metal interior frame, stainless steel bedframe, extra-high sewing speed and powerful motor, this sewing machine can sew through a variety of heavy weight fabrics and provides long lasting stability
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories are included with All-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, seam ripper/lint brush, quilting guide, needles, bobbins, screwdriver, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt are all conveniently located and stored in the accessory tray. A soft-sided dust cover is also included in the packaging
- WARRANTY: SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Portable Sewing Machine has 25 Year Limited Warranty. Note : Refer to the Videos and also the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for Manuals.
SINGER | Tradition 2277 Sewing Machine including 23 Built-In Stitches, Automatic Needle Threader, Snap-On Presser Feet, Automatic Tension, perfect for sewing all types of fabrics with ease
- Automatic embroidery needle threader is the biggest timesaver
- Adjustable stitch length and width keeps seams strong and prevents bunching on any fabric type
- Fully automatic 1-step buttonhole provides professional results at the touch of a button
- 23 built-in stitches: 6 essential stitches, 7 stretch stitches, 9 decorative stitches, 1 buttonhole plenty of stitches for any project.
- Heavy-duty metal frame for overall durability and skip-free sewing. 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only.
- Limited 90-DAY for Adjustments, Belts, Rings, Bulbs, Attachments; Limited 2-Year for Motors, Light assembly, Wiring, Switches, Speed control and Electronic Components; Limited 25-Year for Sewing Machine Head
SINGER Fashion Mate 3333 Free-Arm Sewing Machine including 23Built-In Stitches Fully Built-in 4-step Buttonhole, Automatic Needle Threader, LED Light, perfect for sewing all types of fabrics with ease
- SINGER FREE-ARM SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Fashion Mate 3333 Free Arm Portable Sewing Machine has 23 Built-In Stitches including a built-in 4 step Buttonhole
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to the needle’s eye, in seconds. The built-in needle threader threads the eye of the needle for you, eliminating eye strain and frustration
- HEAVY DUTY METAL FRAME: The SINGER Fashion Mate 3333 adds stability and provides long lasting durability
- SINGER FASHION MATE 3333 ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories are included with all-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Darning Plate, Bobbins, Pack of Needles, Thread Spool Cap, Auxilliary Spool Pin, Seam Ripper / Lint Brush, and Edge Guide
- FREE ARM SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Fashion Mate 3333 Free Arm Sewing Machine provides easy access to cuffs, collars, pant hems and other smaller or difficult-to-reach areas
- Limited 90-DAY Warranty for Adjustments, Belts, Rings, Bulbs, Attachments; Limited 2-Year Warranty for Motors, Light assembly, Wiring, Switches,Speed control and Electronic Components; Limited 25-Year Warranty for Sewing Machine Head
Singer Heavy Duty 4411 11 Built-in Stitches, Metal Frame and Stainless Steel Bedplate, Fabrics Sewing Machine, Medium
- SINGER HEAVY DUTY SEWING MACHINE: It has 11 Built-in Stitches- 6 Basic Stitches, 4 Decorative Stitches, 1 Built-in Buttonhole—perfect for crafts, home decor, fashion sewing and much more
- ADJUSTABLE NEEDLE POSITION: The needle can be changed to any of the three available positions to add zippers or a decorative touch with topstitching and cording
- HIGH-QUALITY SEWING MACHINE: The heavy-duty metal frame adds stability, and with a strong motor, sewing a higher quantity of items more quickly and efficiently at 1,100 stitches per minute is achievable
- ADJUSTABLE PRESSER FOOT CONTROL SEWING MACHINE: Sew very lightweight and heavy weight fabrics with ease by adjusting the presser foot pressure
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Heavy Duty 4411 sewing machine is a true workhorse. With a heavy-duty metal interior frame, stainless steel bedplate, extra-high sewing speed and powerful motor, the SINGER Heavy Duty 4411 can sew a wide range of fabrics.Volts:120 V
- This sewing machine is warranted for use in the US and Canada at 110 volts only
- Note: Kindly refer Manuals provided under Technical Specifications before use
Brother RLX3817A 17-Stitch Sewing Machine, Blue (Renewed)
- 17 unique built-in stitches, including one 4-step auto-size buttonhole
- 4 included sewing feet: zigzag foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot
- Free arm for sewing cuffs and sleeves
- Jam-resistant, Quick-set drop-in top bobbin system. Upper thread tension control dial help you avoid too loose or puckered stitches. Clear-view bobbin cover and bobbin allow you to see when you’re low on thread
- Included instructional CD gets you started and shows how to use your machine
Luby Sewing Machine for Beginners with 12 Stitches & Free Arm, Portable & Lightweight
- Beginner Sewing MachineDouble thread stitching make it easy to finish sewing without knotting. Low/high speed button is equipped for selection to keep safe and powerful. Good for beginners to make craft, home sewing (e. g. lunch bag, apron). It is a great choice as kids sewing machine.
- Small & PortableCompared with the traditional sewing machines, Luby mini sewing machine does not occupy a large space and easy to carry and works anytime, anywhere.
- 12 Built-In StitchesGently turn the knob to select the stitch, simply stitch out the style you like. It has a 4-step buttonhole presser foot for virtually perfect buttonholes sewing.
- Sewing Sleeves & TrousersTake out the storage box, Luby sewing machine is perfect for sewing sleeves and trousers. It is also fit for a wide range of everyday sewing projects, and users from beginners to advanced.
- Detailed Instructional VideosDetailed and clear tutorial videos and user guide help you easily master this beginner sewing machine.
Magicfly Mini Sewing Machine for Beginner, Dual Speed Portable Sewing Machine Machine with Extension Table, Light, Sewing Kit for Household, Travel
- 【Electrical Sewing Machine]】Support AC/DC power supply or Batteries power supply, easy to turn on with button or Foot Pedal (included). Easy to start the sewing jobs.
- 【High or Low Control】Double Threads design make the stitching stronger and ends sewing without tying the thread. There is a Speed button on the product to turn the speed in “high” or “slow” according to your demand.
- 【Extension Table & Light】Extension table make the sewing machine more stable and works better on large project. Additionally, it was equipped with built-in light and thread cutter, which provide enough light source and straight cutting on sewing.
- 【Mini-size and Domestic Product】 This item was designed with mini size and one stitching type which match the basic home sewing demand. It is portable and suitable for kids; but not only for kids, a considerable amount of our customers are adults, even elders.
- 【Great Gift】The mini sewing machine is suitable for both beginners and children. Also a great gift for Christmas, birthdays.
Janome Arctic Crystal Easy-to-Use Sewing Machine with Interior Metal Frame, Bobbin Diagram, Tutorial Videos, Made with Beginners in Mind!
- Overview Features: 15 Built-In Stitches, 4-Step Buttonhole, Front-Loading Bobbin System, Heavy Duty Interior Metal Frame
- Customizable Features: Adjustable Stitch Length & ZigZag Width, Reverse Lever, Darning Plate
- Convenience Features: 3-Piece Feed Dog System, Removable Free Arm, Dual Retractable Spool Pins
- Easy to Use: Tutorial Videos, Built-In Bobbin Diagram, Quick Start Guide Included
- Included: 4 Presser Feet, Beginner Accessories, easy-to-follow Instructional Manual, 25-Year Limited Warranty
Sewing Machine Mini Portable Electric Portable Household with Foot Pedal Overlock 12 Built-in Stitches for Amateurs Beginners Embroidery Pink Safety
- 🎈Portable & Simple: Lightweight, only 5.39 pounds, small in size: 10.6 x 4.7 x 9 inches, and easy to store. The portable sewing machine is equipped with LED lamp, the foot pedal, metal threader and thread cutter, locking metal presser foot. Even beginners can easily use it meet the needs of household sewing according to the instructions.
- 🎈Safety & Convenient: Designed with a non-slip bottom pad and made of environmentally friendly materials, including UL-certified cables and 3C-certified power supplies(standards for export to Europe and America). Features practical, DIY creation can be done at any time: quilts, prom dresses, pet clothing, dolls, crafts, curtains, home decoration, etc.
- 🎈MUITI-FUNCTION: Dual-threaded, 2-speed, double power supply design makes it easier for you to choose the mode that suits you most. With 12 built-in stitches, you only need to turn the gears to switch the stitches you need to your own fabric. You can use this machine to sew zippers and buttons; you can easily reverse stitching with one button. Choose different metal presser foot for replacement according to you needs.
- 🎈IDEAL GIFT: Mini sewing machine is very suitable for children, women, beginners and sewing lovers, elegant and cute appearance makes it a best choice for you as a great gift to daughters, sisters, girlfriends, friends, mothers and grandmothers on Birthday, New Year, Valentine’s Day, International Children’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas.
- 🎈100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Each sewing machine is equipped with a detailed manual. Read the instructions or watch the instructional videos to make it easier and safer to use this mini sewing machine. If you have any questions about our products or have any dissatisfaction with our products, please contact us, we will provide you with a satisfactory solution, including returned and refund.
Beginners Sewing Tips for Garment Patterns
Tips and tricks for choosing and using garment patterns for beginning sewists.
Choosing a Pattern:
After you have become comfortable with stitching on your machine, you are ready to start sewing simple garments using easy patterns. You need to know that not all commercial sewing patterns labeled as "easy" really are. I have seen many more complicated garments labeled as easy patterns, and I feel sorry for the beginning seamstress who chooses one of these. Starting to sew with a dress pattern that has princess seams and a back closure sounds like a recipe for disaster to me!
I suggest choosing for your first pattern a garment which does not have closures such as a buttons and buttonholes or zippers. Select a simple pullover style top or dress, or drawstring or elastic waist pants with a casing. Choose a pattern that calls for woven fabrics; do not start your garment sewing experience by trying to sew anything with knits! Choosing an appropriate pattern will ensure your success.
You could try a simple garment from any pattern manufacturer, but I particularly like Simplicity patterns for beginning to sew garment patterns. The instructions on Simplicity patterns are often clearer, more detailed, and easier to follow than many other patterns. Please note that the larger fabric stores frequently run these patterns dramatically discounted on sale. It will save you a lot of money to get your name on the mailing list of fabric stores in your town; then you can watch the sales and only buy what you need when it is on sale. If you are not receiving fabric store mailings yet, check online for current sale flyers. It is also easy to find both current and vintage patterns available for pennies at thrift stores and yard sales.
The back of the envelope:
Once you select a suitable beginner pattern, read the back of the envelope carefully. This is where you will find what fabrics are suggested for the project, as well as how much yardage will be required. Pay attention to the suggested fabrics and buy enough yardage to complete your project. You need to know that the size you will need to make will likely be larger than your normal size. I always need a size 6 in "ready to wear" dresses or pants purchased in stores, and was surprised to know that for making my own clothes, I need a size 12. For some garments, I even need to make a size 14! Any storebought dress or pants in a size 14 would be much too large for me, but pattern sizing is different. The back of the envelope will list the measurements for each size. It will be helpful to measure yourself and write these measurements down before you go to the fabric store.
The envelope back will also list any notions you will need for your garment. Be sure to buy what you need! Once again, if this list includes zippers or buttons, choose a different pattern to start with. Many easy patterns will require elastic, however. Elastic comes in many sizes, or widths, so be certain to buy the size called for on the back of the envelope.
There are a few additional helpful notions you might like to buy at the store. Most helpful will be a folding cardboard cutting board. These cost less than $10 and are well worth the money you will spend. You can lay your fabric and pattern out on one of these boards, and pin the pattern pieces over the fabric. The cardboard holds the pins steady. I particularly recommend having one of these if you will be using the floor for laying out and cutting your pattern.
But you don't have to use pins to hold your pattern steady. I have heard of people using tape for this, although I never have. What I prefer is to use pattern weights for holding everything together. I used to use canned goods for this, and this will certainly work in a pinch. Pattern weights are much nicer, however. You can buy them on the notions wall at your fabric store, or do what I did, and buy large washers from the hardware store. These are less expensive than pattern weights and work just as well. I bought a dozen 2 inch brass washers from Lowe's. You could even cover these in fabric to make them cute.
You will also want to have some kind of marking tool. There are many styles to choose from, from water erasable marking pencils in several colors, to pens with disappearing ink, to different kinds of chalk. I usually use the marking pencils, and sometimes use chalk. You can choose any of these, but be sure to have something to use for marking detail placement on your garment pieces before construction.
Another thing you may like to buy is a roll of tracing paper. If you have some, you can trace the pattern in your size and cut that out, leaving the pattern pieces in the envelope intact. This will of course greatly extend the life of your tissue patterns. This is not necessary however, and you can just cut the tissue pattern instead. I don't cut my size, but cut the pattern out following the outline for the largest size, and then I fold the pattern down to the outlines for my particular size. This way, I can make the pattern in a larger size later if I want.
The Pattern Directions:
Before you trace or cut your pattern, pull out the instruction sheets for your chosen pattern. Study them carefully. First, read the step by step sewing instructions, and make certain you understand each step. Then look at the other information found here. The instruction sheet will tell you what sewing allowance is included. This is usually 5/8" on garment patterns, but can vary, so be certain you know what seam allowances are included in the pattern you are making.
Next, study the cutting layout. The instructions will include a diagram of how the pattern pieces should be arranged on your fabric before cutting out. This is important! For one thing, it is important to lay each piece correctly on the grain or your finished garment may not hang right. Also, if you purchased exactly the amount of fabric called for on the envelope back, then you will only have enough fabric if you follow the recommended layout precisely.
Preparing your garment pieces for sewing:
Lay out your fabric with the pattern pieces on top, following the recommended layout. Take care to make sure that the fold of the fabric is aligned according to the diagram, and that the correct side is facing up. The diagram will instruct you to fold the fabric with right sides together or wrong sides together, be certain that you follow the directions! Sometimes, some of the pattern pieces will need to be turned right side down on the fabric, here again, study the diagram carefully to ensure that you have everything laid out exactly right! Pin everything down, or use your pattern weights.
Now, cut out your garment pieces. Be sure to also cut out any notches or tabs that are included in the pattern. These are indicated by small triangles along the edges of the pattern. Just cut these triangles extending from your seam allowance. These will help you to ensure that your pieces are aligned together properly when you sew them together.
After you have cut each piece, you will need to transfer any dots or other markings to the back of your garment pieces. Be sure that you do not skip this step! The dots will mark things like the beginning and end of any gathering or ease stitching you need to do, and if you don't mark them, you could easily end up with a wonky garment! Taking the time to follow all instructions will ensure that you make a garment you can wear proudly.
Sewing Your Garment:
Of course you will consult the instructions and follow them carefully in sewing your garment together. The most helpful tip I have to share with you concerns these steps. When you sew the pattern pieces together, set your stitch length for a long stitch and sew the pieces together using this basting stitch. Then you can check fit and ensure you have sewn the pieces properly together. If you have accidentally sewn something together wrong, or if you need to make adjustments for fit, these basting stitches will be easy to remove. If you are satisfied with the fit, then you will go back and resew these seams, using a shorter stitch and backstitching the beginning and end of each seam.