Best Simple Sewing Machine in 2023
Brother XM2701 Lightweight Sewing Machine, White
- 27 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The XM2701 includes 27 built-in stitches including decorative, blind hem, zigzag, and stretch stitches and an auto-size buttonhole
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: The XM2701 comes with 6 sewing feet, 3-piece needle set, twin needle, 4 bobbins, instructional DVD, manual and more
- VERSATILE FREE ARM: This free arm sewing machine is perfect for a wide range of everyday sewing projects, and users from beginners to advanced
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT The XM2701 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online live chat or phone for the life of your machine
SINGER Start 1304 6 Built-in Stitches, Free Arm Best Sewing Machine for Beginners
- Heavy duty metal frame ensures that the machine remains Still for skip-free sewing
- Stainless steel bedplate provides smooth fabric feed for even sewing
- Made in China
- Amps:0.6. Volts - 110
SINGER | Simple 3232 Portable Sewing Machine with 32 Built-In Stitches Including 19 Decorative Stitches, Automatic Needle Threader and Free Arm, Best Sewing Machine for Beginners
- SINGER PORTABLE SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER 3232 portable sewing machine features 32 built-in stitches, a built-in 1-step buttonhole, built-in needle threader and a heavy-duty metal frame making sewing creative projects fun and easy
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to the needle’s eye in seconds. The built-in needle threader helps you thread the eye of the needle effortlessly
- SEWING SPEED: The SINGER 3232 sewing machine has a maximum speed of 750 stitches-per-minute, so larger projects can be sewn quickly
- HIGH PRESSER FOOT LIFTER: The SINGER Simple 3232 sews several layers of thick fabric. The presser foot can be raised to a higher position for easy positioning of your project
- AUTOMATIC REVERSE SEWING MACHINE: Push the conveniently located automatic reverse button to sew in reverse and reinforce the stitching
- This sewing machine is warranted for use in the US and Canada at 110 volts only. Watts:60
SINGER | Heavy Duty 4423 Sewing Machine with 23 Built-In Stitches -12 Decorative Stitches, 60% Stronger Motor & Automatic Needle Threader, Perfect for Sewing all Types of Fabrics with Ease
- SINGER HEAVY DUTY SEWING MACHINE: The 23 built-in stitches including basic, stretch, decorative, and buttonhole stitches allow you to sew a variety of projects, such as fashions, home décor, quilts, crafts, and more
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER SEWING MACHINE: After following the threading path printed right on the machine, this built-in feature helps you to effortlessly thread the eye of the needle without eye strain or frustration
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE:The Singer 4423 Sewing Machine has a maximum sewing speed of 1, 100 stitches-per-minute, so projects can be sewn quickly. The 60% Stronger Motor provides greater piercing power for thick seams
- HEAVY DUTY METAL FRAME: The Singer 4423 heavy duty sewing machine is a true workhorse. With a heavy-duty metal interior frame, stainless steel bedframe, extra-high sewing speed and powerful motor, this sewing machine can sew through a variety of heavy weight fabrics and provides long lasting stability
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories are included with All-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, seam ripper/lint brush, quilting guide, needles, bobbins, screwdriver, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt are all conveniently located and stored in the accessory tray. A soft-sided dust cover is also included in the packaging
- WARRANTY: SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Portable Sewing Machine has 25 Year Limited Warranty. Note : Refer to the Videos and also the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for Manuals.
SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine with 600-Stitches Electronic Auto Pilot Mode, Extension Table and Bonus Accessories, Perfect for Customizing Projects
- SINGER COMPUTERIZED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 portable sewing machine has loads of ease-of-use features to allow you to fulfill your creative dreams Has a large selection of stitches including basic, stretch and decorative stitches for fashion sewing, quilting, home decor and crafting There’s even a selection of fonts to personalize projects
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to the needle’s eye, in seconds The built-in needle threader threads the eye of the needle for you, eliminating eye strain and frustration
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has 600 Built-In Stitches including 5 Alphanumeric Fonts and 13 built-in 1-Step Buttonholes with Exclusive Buttonhole Underplate It also has Mirror Imaging and Stitch Elongation providing even more creative possibilities
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has a maximum sewing speed of 850 stitches-per-minute, projects can be sewn quickly
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of presser feet are included with the sewing machine: All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot with Underplate, Button Sewing Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Open Toe Foot, Overcasting Foot, Darning and Embroidery Foot, Rolled Hem Foot, Cording Foot, Straight Stitch/Quilting Foot, Even Feed / Walking Foot 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only
Singer Heavy Duty 4411 11 Built-in Stitches, Metal Frame and Stainless Steel Bedplate, Fabrics Sewing Machine, Medium
- SINGER HEAVY DUTY SEWING MACHINE: It has 11 Built-in Stitches- 6 Basic Stitches, 4 Decorative Stitches, 1 Built-in Buttonhole—perfect for crafts, home decor, fashion sewing and much more
- ADJUSTABLE NEEDLE POSITION: The needle can be changed to any of the three available positions to add zippers or a decorative touch with topstitching and cording
- HIGH-QUALITY SEWING MACHINE: The heavy-duty metal frame adds stability, and with a strong motor, sewing a higher quantity of items more quickly and efficiently at 1,100 stitches per minute is achievable
- ADJUSTABLE PRESSER FOOT CONTROL SEWING MACHINE: Sew very lightweight and heavy weight fabrics with ease by adjusting the presser foot pressure
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Heavy Duty 4411 sewing machine is a true workhorse. With a heavy-duty metal interior frame, stainless steel bedplate, extra-high sewing speed and powerful motor, the SINGER Heavy Duty 4411 can sew a wide range of fabrics.Volts:120 V
- This sewing machine is warranted for use in the US and Canada at 110 volts only
- Note: Kindly refer Manuals provided under Technical Specifications before use
Brother RLX3817A 17-Stitch Sewing Machine, Blue (Renewed)
- 17 unique built-in stitches, including one 4-step auto-size buttonhole
- 4 included sewing feet: zigzag foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot
- Free arm for sewing cuffs and sleeves
- Jam-resistant, Quick-set drop-in top bobbin system. Upper thread tension control dial help you avoid too loose or puckered stitches. Clear-view bobbin cover and bobbin allow you to see when you’re low on thread
- Included instructional CD gets you started and shows how to use your machine
SINGER | Tradition 2277 Sewing Machine including 23 Built-In Stitches, Automatic Needle Threader, Snap-On Presser Feet, Automatic Tension, perfect for sewing all types of fabrics with ease
- Automatic embroidery needle threader is the biggest timesaver
- Adjustable stitch length and width keeps seams strong and prevents bunching on any fabric type
- Fully automatic 1-step buttonhole provides professional results at the touch of a button
- 23 built-in stitches: 6 essential stitches, 7 stretch stitches, 9 decorative stitches, 1 buttonhole plenty of stitches for any project.
- Heavy-duty metal frame for overall durability and skip-free sewing. 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only.
- Limited 90-DAY for Adjustments, Belts, Rings, Bulbs, Attachments; Limited 2-Year for Motors, Light assembly, Wiring, Switches, Speed control and Electronic Components; Limited 25-Year for Sewing Machine Head
Varmax Mini Sewing Machine with Extension Table
- 【Mini-size & Compact】As a space saver, this sewing machine is an elaborate and mini-size sewing machine, The advanced and high-cost machines are more elaborate on manufacturing.
- 【Large Extension Table】It is equipped with a large extension table, which makes it more convenient to work on large projects, and also keep the mini machine more stable during sewing.
- 【Sewing Sleeves & Trousers】Special cuff slot is designed for sleeves and trouser legs sewing. Furthermore, it is equipped with built-in Light to provide adequate light source during sewing.
- 【Double Threads and Two Speed Control】Double thread stitching make it easy to finish sewing without knotting. Low/high speed button is equipped for selection to keep safe and powerful. Good for beginners to make craft, home sewing (e.g. lunch bag, apron).
- 【One-year Warranty and After-sales Service】Equipped AC/DC adapter with ETL mark certification, this product is user-friendly. Please 🌸Contact Us by EMAIL🌸if there is any issue during operation. We are always here and happy to assist every customer.
Janome Arctic Crystal Easy-to-Use Sewing Machine with Interior Metal Frame, Bobbin Diagram, Tutorial Videos, Made with Beginners in Mind!
- Overview Features: 15 Built-In Stitches, 4-Step Buttonhole, Front-Loading Bobbin System, Heavy Duty Interior Metal Frame
- Customizable Features: Adjustable Stitch Length & ZigZag Width, Reverse Lever, Darning Plate
- Convenience Features: 3-Piece Feed Dog System, Removable Free Arm, Dual Retractable Spool Pins
- Easy to Use: Tutorial Videos, Built-In Bobbin Diagram, Quick Start Guide Included
- Included: 4 Presser Feet, Beginner Accessories, easy-to-follow Instructional Manual, 25-Year Limited Warranty
Brother Quilting Machine, RSQ9185 (Refurbished) 185 Built-in Stitches, LCD Display, Wide Table, 11 Included Sewing Feet
- 185 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The RSQ9185 comes with 130 built-in stitches including 8 styles of auto-size buttonholes, plus 55 alphanumeric stitches
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing and quilting machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: Included with the RSQ9185 is a wide table, 10 sewing feet, instructional DVD and more
- LCD SCREEN: The backlit LCD display allows you to easily view your stitch selections
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT: The RSQ9185 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online, live chat or phone for the life of your machine
SINGER Fashion Mate 3333 Free-Arm Sewing Machine including 23Built-In Stitches Fully Built-in 4-step Buttonhole, Automatic Needle Threader, LED Light, perfect for sewing all types of fabrics with ease
- SINGER FREE-ARM SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Fashion Mate 3333 Free Arm Portable Sewing Machine has 23 Built-In Stitches including a built-in 4 step Buttonhole
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to the needle’s eye, in seconds. The built-in needle threader threads the eye of the needle for you, eliminating eye strain and frustration
- HEAVY DUTY METAL FRAME: The SINGER Fashion Mate 3333 adds stability and provides long lasting durability
- SINGER FASHION MATE 3333 ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories are included with all-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Darning Plate, Bobbins, Pack of Needles, Thread Spool Cap, Auxilliary Spool Pin, Seam Ripper / Lint Brush, and Edge Guide
- FREE ARM SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Fashion Mate 3333 Free Arm Sewing Machine provides easy access to cuffs, collars, pant hems and other smaller or difficult-to-reach areas
- Limited 90-DAY Warranty for Adjustments, Belts, Rings, Bulbs, Attachments; Limited 2-Year Warranty for Motors, Light assembly, Wiring, Switches,Speed control and Electronic Components; Limited 25-Year Warranty for Sewing Machine Head
4 Simple Sewing Tricks to Save Money (and Your Clothes)
My experience with frugal living has taught me several ways to make decent clothes last a lot longer than their shelf life. Here are four of my favorite tips and cheats.
When I was young, my family had very little money. All of my clothes were thrift store veterans and cheap as heck, and really not worth saving once they had something wrong with them. In the last several years I've started occasionally buying nice clothes, and discovered how much more traumatic it is when a $200 suit is torn than when it's a $3.50 pair of canvas shorts. Fortunately, after surviving so long on a shoestring budget, I've learned several sewing tips and tricks that help me extend the life of my clothes long past what I'd have thought was their expiration date.
A common mistake is to sew a button as tightly to the fabric as possible after it falls off. Don't do this! It puckers the fabric and increases tension. To save not only the thread holding the button but the fabric itself, leave about a quarter of an inch between the button and the fabric when you sew it in--then, tightly wrap the end of the thread around the loose bit several times, creating a "standing tag." Your clothes will be less stressed and fit better, too!
One of the worst things about sewing a seam is having to re-sew it when it tears again. A good way to avoid this is to make your sewing knot tight and indestructible the first time! Wet the tip of your index finger (licking it works fine), loop the end of the thread around it once, then slide it firmly off your finger with your thumb. Pull the loop tight, and there should be a big impenetrable scraggly knot at the end that you can't break through with a chainsaw.
When a seam rips, don't sew it back in the exact same place. That cloth is weakened now; it'll drastically improve the chances of that seam surviving the next abrupt movement if you move it a quarter of an inch to one direction or another. If not, next time it might not be the thread that rips, but the fabric itself, which is much harder to repair.
Super quick "cheat": Is there a hem that wants to unravel? A hook and eye or button that looks a little weak in the thread? Paint it with clear nail polish! Let dry for 10 minutes and you should be good to go!