12 Best Sewing Patterns
Updated on: May 2023
Best Sewing Patterns in 2023
Simplicity 1563 Easy to Sew Teen's, Men's and Women's Pajama Sewing Patterns, Sizes XS-XL
First Time Sewing: The Absolute Beginner's Guide
Simplicity 1153 Portable Multi-Purpose Shoulder Tote Bag Sewing Pattern, One Size
- Instructions and templates for (2) tote bag designs, (8) hand bags, and (1) tissue cover.
- Bag sewing pattern kit includes measurements in one size only per design.
- Shoulder bag designs are easy to coordinate with the smaller bags and tissue cover.
- Perfect for every day use, storage, or travel. Aesthetic can be varied using different fabrics or prints to add a touch of your personality!
- All smaller bags are made with a zipper option to secure contents. Patterns are designed in the USA.
Sewing School Â®: 21 Sewing Projects Kids Will Love to Make
One-Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Projects; Look How Much You Can Make with Just One Yard of Fabric!
- WORKMAN PUBLISHING-Storey Publishing: One Yard Wonders
- One-Yard wonders will delight anyone who has ever fallen for fabric: from the novice to the lifelong seamstress
- This book features a delightful array of simple yet stylish projects that can be made with just a single yard of fabric: from apparel to accessories, plush toys to pet beds, baby items to bags and home decor projects, have a hip contemporary flair and most can be completed in a few hours
- With 101 sewing projects, color photographs and full sized patterns this book will not sit on a shelf collection dust! Authors: Rebecca Yaker & Patricia Hoskins
- Spiral-Bound Hardcover: 304 pages
Swedish Tracing Paper - Sewing Transfer Paper, 29" x 10 Yards (White)
- White Swedish Tracing Paper
- Sewable and Washable!
- Sticks to most fabrics
- Soft, Flexable, Tough, and Durable!
- 29 inches wide and 30 feet long
Simplicity 8061 Women's Shirt Assortment Sewing Patterns, Sizes 8-16
- Includes sewing templates, instructions, and sizing guides for (6) different women's tops.
- Sewing pattern for women can be made to fit sizes 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16.
- Simple and versatile, these shirts can be worn day to day and are sure to become a staple in your wardrobe!
- Shirts can be customized and stylized with a crew neck, scoop neck, square neck, and more.
- Instructions come in English, Spanish, and French, and the pattern was made in the USA.
Have It All Wallet Sewing Pattern
- Sewing pattern to make a supercute wallet pattern that you'll take everywhere.
- Helps keep you neat and organized.
- Features pockets for cards, bills, checkbook, coupons.
- Includes a zippered pocket for coins and closes with either of two cute flaps.
- Note: this product is a sewing pattern, not the finished item.
Simplicity Pajama and Coat Dog Clothing Sewing Pattern, Pet Sizes S-L
- Includes instructions for (4) different pet sweater templates.
- Can be sized for small, medium, and large canines.
- If your little furry friend is in need of a little extra warmth or style, look no further!
- Material suggestions include jersey and thermal knits.
- Details include cinched cuffs and bow embellishments.
- Crafts in size a (s-m-l) simplicity pattern 3939
- Number of looks included:4
- Designed and manufactured in the USA
- Suggested Fabrics: 60-Inch wide stretchable fabrics such as T-Shirt Knits, Fleece, Sweatshirt Knits, Thermal/Waffle Knits, Jersey Knits; Contrast A,C,D in Stretchable Ribbed Knit fabric 18-Inch to 20-Inch tubular or 36-Inch to 40-Inch flat
Simplicity 8134 Easy to Sew Women's Pants and Shorts Sewing Patterns, Sizes 6-14
- Includes sewing templates, instructions, and sizing guides for (4) pairs of pants, (1) pair of capris, and (1) pair of shorts.
- Sewing pattern for women can be made to fit sizes 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14.
- These cute and versatile sewing patterns are perfect for beginners looking to learn to sew, and are a great way to round out your wardrobe
- Patterns include wrap front pants, capris, shorts that tie from the side seam, and elastic waist pants that can be made with border printed fabric or with an extra wide leg.
- Pattern was made in the USA and instructions come in English, Spanish, and French.
New Look Sewing Pattern 6871 Misses Tops, Size A (10-12-14-16-18-20-22)
- Misses Tops in size A (10-12-14-16-18-20-22), New Look Pattern #6871
- Number of looks included: 5
- Designed in UK, Manufactured in USA
- Instructions are written in English, Spanish, and French
- Suggested fabrics: Soft Lightweight Cotton and Cotton Blends, Silks and Silk Types, Charmeuse, Laundered Silks/Rayons, Sueded Silks/Rayons, Crinkled Gauze, Voile, Georgette, Soft Lightweight Linen and Linen Blends, Jerseys
Breaking the Pattern: A Modern Way to Sew
Free Sewing Patterns and Projects for Thanksgiving
Links to several free sewing patterns and projects for Thanksgiving.
A Grand Gobbler
The finished project looks like a turkey with two rows of feathers behind it. The turkey is also wearing a bow tie, and has three buttons running down the center like a button up suit. This pattern can be found at Sewing.org.
Harvest Table Runner
This makes a great piece on your table for Thanksgiving. You choose the pumpkin pattern you want and solid colors. You could use this from Halloween through the end of November. You can find this pattern and instructions also at Sewing.org.
This is a great to make placemats that can be used for Halloween on one side, then turn it over for Thanksgiving. You choose your own autumn fabric, two types, and Halloween fabric for this sewing project. You can find the instructions at Lovetosew.com.
This project uses Styrofoam for the bodies of two cute little pilgrims. You can find this craft pattern at Allfreecrafts.com.
Pilgrim Hat Thanksgiving Cup
This cut hat can be used as a little gift for your guests. Set the finished hat in their places with a little treat inside. You can find this project also at Allfreecrafts.com.
Turkey Pin Name Tag
Are you having a party or planning a work event? Make these cute little Turkey Pin Name Tags to make it more festive and fun. You can find this cut project at Allfreecrafts.com.
Fall Harvest Fabric Candle Ring
This would make a great center piece on any table or shelve for Thanksgiving. You pick a harvest fabric and make a fabric ring for your candle or candles. You can find this project at Craftsofchaddsford.com.
Harvest Quilted Leaves
These leaves are a cute way to quickly decorate for Thanksgiving. You can use them all fall if you like. You can find the pattern for this project at Craftsofchaddsford.com.
Harvest Raggedy Coasters
These coasters make a great addition to the table for your guests. You can find this pattern at Lovetosew.com.
Pumpkin Yo-Yo Doily
This would be great to put out all fall. This pumpkin doily features little round yo-yo shapes of green and various orange colors that go together to make a pumpkin. You can find this craft at Lovetosew.com.
These projects should help get you started on making decorations or gifts. Have fun!