Best Sewing Machine Reviews in 2022
Brother Quilting Machine, CS7000i, 70 Built-in Stitches 2.0" LCD Display, Wide Table, 10 Included Sewing Feet
SINGER Heavy Duty 4452 Accessories, 32 Built, 60% Stronger Motor, Stainless Steel Bedplate, 48% Faster Stitching Speed & Automatic Nee Sewing Machine, Grey
- SINGER HEAVY DUTY SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Heavy Duty 4452 sewing machine boasts an array of features that make creating elegant garments and gifts for yourself and others fun and exciting. The Sewing machine with 32 built-in stitches includes 6 Basic, 7 Stretch, 18 Decorative Stitches and 1 Fully Automatic 1-step Buttonholes. A large variety of stitches for all types of sewing and perfect for crafts, home decor, clothing construction and much more
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER SEWING MACHINE: After following the threading path printed right on the machine, this built-in feature helps you to effortlessly thread the eye of the needle without eye strain or frustration, Machine Size - 15.5 x 6.25 x 12 inches
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE: The Singer 4452 sewing machine has a maximum sewing speed of 1,100 stitches-per-minute, so projects can be sewn quickly. The 60% Stronger Motor than standard sewing machines allows it to sew through heavyweight fabrics with ease.
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: Four bonus Heavy Duty optimized accessories included: Even Feed / Walking Foot for layers of fabric, Non-Stick Foot for leather and vinyl, a 5-pack of Size 16 needles and a Clearance Plate for thick seams. Plus a variety of must-have accessories are included with all-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, seam ripper / lint brush, quilting guide, needles, bobbins, screwdriver, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt are all conveniently located and stored in the accessory tray. A soft-sided dust cover is also included in the packaging
- BEST SELLING SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Heavy Duty 4452 sewing machine is a true workhorse. The stainless steel bedplate enables smooth fabric flow and the heavy duty interior metal frame ensures skip-free sewing. Top drop-in bobbin is easy to insert, remove and monitor thread supply
- This sewing machine is warranted for use in the US and Canada at 110 volts only
- Amps (0.7) / Watts (84) / Volts (120V) / Hertz (60)
SINGER | Heavy Duty 4423 Sewing Machine with 23 Built-In Stitches -12 Decorative Stitches, 60% Stronger Motor & Automatic Needle Threader, Perfect for Sewing all Types of Fabrics with Ease
- SINGER HEAVY DUTY SEWING MACHINE: The 23 built-in stitches including basic, stretch, decorative, and buttonhole stitches allow you to sew a variety of projects, such as fashions, home décor, quilts, crafts, and more
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER SEWING MACHINE: After following the threading path printed right on the machine, this built-in feature helps you to effortlessly thread the eye of the needle without eye strain or frustration
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE:The Singer 4423 Sewing Machine has a maximum sewing speed of 1, 100 stitches-per-minute, so projects can be sewn quickly. The 60% Stronger Motor provides greater piercing power for thick seams
- HEAVY DUTY METAL FRAME: The Singer 4423 heavy duty sewing machine is a true workhorse. With a heavy-duty metal interior frame, stainless steel bedframe, extra-high sewing speed and powerful motor, this sewing machine can sew through a variety of heavy weight fabrics and provides long lasting stability
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories are included with All-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, seam ripper/lint brush, quilting guide, needles, bobbins, screwdriver, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt are all conveniently located and stored in the accessory tray. A soft-sided dust cover is also included in the packaging
- WARRANTY: SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Portable Sewing Machine has 25 Year Limited Warranty. Note : Refer to the Videos and also the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for Manuals.
Brother XM2701 Lightweight Sewing Machine, White
- 27 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The XM2701 includes 27 built-in stitches including decorative, blind hem, zigzag, and stretch stitches and an auto-size buttonhole
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: The XM2701 comes with 6 sewing feet, 3-piece needle set, twin needle, 4 bobbins, instructional DVD, manual and more
- VERSATILE FREE ARM: This free arm sewing machine is perfect for a wide range of everyday sewing projects, and users from beginners to advanced
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT The XM2701 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online live chat or phone for the life of your machine
Yamata FY5318 Walking Foot Lockstitch Uphostery Leather Sewing Machine Servo Motor,Table.Assembly Required
- ✅ FY5318 Lockstitch Sewing Machines ''Waking Foot'' + table+clutch motor, complete set (Juki table style).✅ASSEMBLY REQUIRED, please note machine comes unassambled
- ✅ It is suited to sewing, for example, car & boats seats, general upholstery and leather articles, belts, canvas, tents, awnings, handbags, outdoor wear, camping goods,jeans,vinyl goods etc
- ✅Sewing speed (spm) 1,350, Stitch length until 8 mm (5-16 stitches per inch), Needle bar stroke (mm) 35.0, Thread take-up stroke (mm) 61.3, Foot lifting clearance (1/4") By hand, By knee 1/2" - Sew material up 3/8" thick, Needle DB x 1 #22, Rotating Large Hook Heavy duty, Walking Foot - Feeding action for difficult materials, Stitch regular Dial type, Reverse sewing Lever type, Lubrication Automatic lubrication (Centrifugal impeller pump system), Return oil device Plunger pump system,
- ✅Machine Manufactured to the Highest Japanese Mitsubishi company standards., *Interchangeable Presser Feet with Juki 141, Brother 797, Chandler 337, Nakajima 181L. Mitsubishi DY350, LY3300 and others
- ✅* It comes complete with sewing machine table and Servo Motor 1/2 hp, 1750 RPM, 110 Volt, everything (drawer, belt, tools and instruction manual) brand new, packed in sealed boxes and never been used before.** Professional Assembly required.
SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine with 600-Stitches Electronic Auto Pilot Mode, Extension Table and Bonus Accessories, Perfect for Customizing Projects
- SINGER COMPUTERIZED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 portable sewing machine has loads of ease-of-use features to allow you to fulfill your creative dreams Has a large selection of stitches including basic, stretch and decorative stitches for fashion sewing, quilting, home decor and crafting There’s even a selection of fonts to personalize projects
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to the needle’s eye, in seconds The built-in needle threader threads the eye of the needle for you, eliminating eye strain and frustration
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has 600 Built-In Stitches including 5 Alphanumeric Fonts and 13 built-in 1-Step Buttonholes with Exclusive Buttonhole Underplate It also has Mirror Imaging and Stitch Elongation providing even more creative possibilities
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has a maximum sewing speed of 850 stitches-per-minute, projects can be sewn quickly
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of presser feet are included with the sewing machine: All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot with Underplate, Button Sewing Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Open Toe Foot, Overcasting Foot, Darning and Embroidery Foot, Rolled Hem Foot, Cording Foot, Straight Stitch/Quilting Foot, Even Feed / Walking Foot 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only
Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW Electric Sewing Machine - 50 Built-In Stitches - Automatic Threading
- Brother Project Runway model delivers couture-level, consistent stitch quality
- 50 stitches – customize in style with built-in clothing, decorative, heirloom and quilting stitches. Free Arm for Sewing Cuffs and Sleeves. Maximum Sewing Speed (Stitches Per Minute)850
- Includes complete designer sewing and finishing solutions, with 6 specialty feet, accompanying stitches, and specialty needles. Enjoy designer features for blind hems, zippers, overcasting edges, sewing on buttons, knits and stretch fabrics, twin needle top stitching, and more
- Professional, elegant buttonholes – 5 one-step buttonholes automatically sized to fit your specific buttons, for truly custom results
- Reliable, easy threading of both top thread and bobbin – for consistent, high quality stitching. Please note: this machine is recommended for use in countries that do not support 120V AC, even if a voltage adapter is in use
SINGER Start 1304 6 Built-in Stitches, Free Arm Best Sewing Machine for Beginners
- Heavy duty metal frame ensures that the machine remains Still for skip-free sewing
- Stainless steel bedplate provides smooth fabric feed for even sewing
- Made in China
- Amps:0.6. Volts - 110
SINGER | Curvy 8763 Computerized Free-Arm Handy Sewing Machine
- SINGER COMPUTERIZED SEWING MACHINE: The singer curvy sewing machine offers a world of functionality for sewers, featuring our exclusive swift smart threading system and drop & Sew bobbin system. These features together, make threading a cinch, giving you more time to explore your creativity and less time threading. Additional easy features allow you to sew ahead of the curve
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: After effortlessly threading the machine, this feature automatically threads the eye of the needle
- DROP & SEW BOBBIN SYSTEM: There’s no longer any need to raise the bobbin thread before sewing. Just drop and sew
- SINGER ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Pack of Needles, Bobbins (Class 15J), Thread Spool Caps, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Darning Plate, Screwdriver, Seam Ripper/Lint Brush, Soft-Sided Dust Cover, Quick Start Guide, Machine Intro DVD, Instruction Manual, Power Cord, Foot Pedal
- WARRANTY: The SINGER Curvy computerized free-arm sewing machine with 25 years limited warranty
- This sewing machine is warranted for use in the US and Canada at 110 volts only.
Reliable Barracuda 200ZW Zig-Zag Sewing Machine, 800 Stitches Per Minute, Heavy- Duty Metal Construction, Up to 4 Stitches Per Inch, Built in Speed Reducer, Reverse Lever Mechanism
- 8 LAYERS OF SUNBRELLA-PLUS - A full 8mm clearance under the foot allows sewing of 10 or more layers of heavy canvas and up to 8 layers of Sunbrella-Plus
- BUILT-IN SPEED REDUCER - The built-in speed reducer gives you the machine extra torque to get through the toughest jobs.
- HEAVY-DUTY CARRYING HANDLE - A heavy-duty carrying handle for easy portability
- REVERSE LEVER MECHANISM - Reinforce the seams simply by pushing down the reverse lever
- 800 STITCHES PER MINUTE | 10-POINT QUALITY CHECK | TOOTHED BELTS & PULLEYS | STITCH WIDTH ADJUSTMENT
Juki HZL-LB5100 Computerized Sewing Machine
- Juki HZL-LB5100 Computerized Sewing Machine The Juki HZL-LB5100 Computerized Sewing Machine is so easy to use with a complete range of basic to advanced functions. The HZL-LB5100 is a compact machine with a simple design just right for beginner to advances sewist.
- 100 Stitch Patterns LCD Screen Auto Needle threader Variable Speed Override
- 7 Point Feed Dog System Variable Speed Override 1 Step Button Hole Easy to start on thick Fabrics Needle Up / Down Positioning
Bernette 35 Swiss Design Sewing Machine
- The inexpensive sewing machine for beginners which includes 23 stitches and 7 presser feet.
- The bernette 35 is a mechanical sewing machine with no computerized controls.
- The width, length and pattern of stitches are easily set by turning the three knobs. Tension can be adjusted during sewing by using an easily accessible wheel. The bernette 35 has an automatic one step buttonhole function which is quick and easy to use.
- Automatic buttonhole allows you to sew professional buttonholes quickly and easily.
Earn Money at Home Doing Alterations and Sewing
Eventually, everyone needs a seamstress or alteration person. If you have a bit of sewing talent and a few extra hours a week, this is a great way to make some extra money and to work it into your own time schedule.
In later years, she ran a small ad in the local newspaper of our small town and was swamped with projects to make, alter, or mend. Her biggest problem was taking on too much work, but she found it hard to turn people away.
If you know how to sew, you can get enough work to fill all the extra time you have to spare, right in your own home. Best of all, you get to set your own price, and your own time schedule for doing the work. If the downturn in the economy has affected your personal finances, this might be a really good time to start a little side business to bring in a little more money for the next few months.
From watching my mother deal with her customers, here are some suggestions I would make for anyone who wishes to start an alteration business in their home.
1. Treat your part-time, in-home, alteration business just like any other business.
In other words, keep records. If your alteration business is going to be very simple, you still need to find out from the city whether or not you will need a business license. You also need to keep some basic records. The records can be very simple. Just a notebook with five columns drawn on each page: one for the date, one for the customer's name, one for a description of the service they purchased, one for the price you charged for the service, and one for any expense you incurred in rendering the service. This record will be of great help when tax time rolls around.
Give your business a name. When someone calls, it is much better to have a professional sounding name like, Helen's Alterations, or The Sewing Solution, than to just say, "Hello, may I help you?"
2. Advertise your services.
You can run a newspaper ad, as my mother did, but there are free places to advertise in order to keep expenses down, especially when you first start your business. Super-markets often have places where customers can post jobs, help wanted notices, posters about lost pets, etc. Take advantage of all of these. If you are just going to do alterations, make that clear in your ad. If you are willing to construct complete articles of clothing, mention that. If you only wish to do mending, say so. Make sure your notice is large enough to attract attention and includes your phone number so your prospective clients can reach you.
Visit local fabric stores and let them know that you are available to do a variety of sewing tasks, or even to help others learn to sew if you think you would enjoy teaching sewing skills to others.
Go to the manager of the men's and women's clothing departments of local stores and give them a card with your name and contact information. If they already have an alteration person, let them know you are available for work that person may be too busy to take on.
Mention your home alteration business to your friends. Just the other day, one of my friends was complaining that every time her husband bought a pair of pants, they had to be shortened. This would have been a perfect opportunity for an alteration person to say, "Really? I do that kind of work in my home business."
3. Run your business in a professional manner.
Before you accept any project, let your customer know that payment is expected upon completion of the project. Discuss delivery options-will you call them when the item is ready and arrange to have them pick it up, or will you just give them a date and time after which it can be picked up? On rare occasions, you may agree to deliver the completed item, but only if you are not out extra expense for doing so.
Check out the competition in your area and price your services close to what they are charging. For standard services such as hemming a dress or pair of pants, sewing on buttons, mending rips, etc. a price list posted in your sewing room is nice. That way there won't be any haggling over the prices when you present your bill for completed services. Do give each customer a detailed bill explaining what service was provided and what the charge for each service was, along with a total at the bottom.
When I visit a business, I expect it to be run efficiently, even if it is being run from someone's home. I don't expect the owner of the business to spend 15 minutes moving children's toys out of the way so I can navigate through a messy room to find a chair to sit on and another 10 minutes shuffling through papers on his or her desk before we can get to the business I came for. If you are a professional alteration person, you need to have an area set aside just for your business. You can have a box or basket for each project you are currently working on and label it with the client's name and phone number. That way you won't run the danger of returning an altered bikini to a 300-pound, 90+ year old client. Try to process the projects in the order you accepted them and to finish them on or before the date they were promised.
4. Evaluate your business periodically.
Not all businesses succeed. Some do succeed, but turn out to be something we don't like as well as we thought we would. So, after 6 months or a year, take time to thoroughly evaluate your in-home alteration and sewing business. If you just don't like it, but have built up a good reputation and clientele for it, you may still be able to turn a profit by selling it to someone else who likes to sew
That's one of the great things about this business; because you haven't invested a lot of money in it, you can quit any time you want, as long as you finish the projects you have already committed yourself to.
I have a feeling, though, that once your sewing hobby starts putting some extra cash into your pocket, you will want to keep this business going for a long, long time to come.