Best Sewing Machine For Tweens in 2023
Sewing School Â® 2: Lessons in Machine Sewing; 20 Projects Kids Will Love to Make
Cool Maker - Sew Nâ€™ Style Sewing Machine with Pom-Pom Maker Attachment (Edition May Vary), 11
- SEW STYLISH FASHIONS: Sew your own stylish fashions with the Cool Maker Sew N’ Style Machine! Safe and easy to use, the Sew N’ Style Machine let you stitch and create using sparkly fabrics and bright prints!
- MAKE AMAZING PROJECTS: This sewing kit comes with everything you need to make amazing projects! Use the included materials to create your own plush unicorn, glitter pouch and more!
- CUSTOMIZE WITH POM-POMS: Make your designs distinctly yours! Use the pom-pom maker attachment to create cute pom-poms, then add string, ribbons and more to your creations!
- Cool Maker gives aspiring designers all the tools needed to make amazing creations they’ll be proud to share. The Cool Maker Sew N’ Style Machine is for Cool Makers aged 6+. Requires 4xAA batteries (not included).
- Includes: 1 Cool Maker Sew N’ Style Machine, 2 Sheets of Glitter Fabric, 2 Cool Maker Pre-Cut Projects, 1 Sheet of Cool Maker Felt Fabric, 3 Cool Maker Decorative Fabric Pieces, 1 Page of Pop-Out Patterns, 1 Pom Pom Maker Attachment, 1 Bag of Stuffing, 1 Bundle of Ribbon (3/8”x 50”), 1 Bundle of Style String (252”), 1 Bundle of Pom Pom Yarn (96”/bundle), 1 Playbook
My First Sewing Machine: FASHION SCHOOL: Learn To Sew: Kids
RZChome Portable Mini Sewing Machine Easy to Use for Beginners Speed Double Thread with Foot Pedal Handheld Sewing Embroidery Machine, Straight Sewing
- 🎈🎈SEWING MACHINE: The Simple handy sewing machine features 4 Bobbins, 2 Needles, and 1 Needle threader, easy stitch selection and a heavy-duty metal frame making sewing creative projects fun and easy
- 🎈🎈AUTOMATIC BOBBIN WINDING SEWING MACHINE: To wind a bobbin, simply follow the numbered diagram printed on top of the sewing machine. The bobbin will automatically stop turning when it's completely filled
- 🎈🎈HIGH PRESSER FOOT LIFTER: The Simple sews several layers of thick fabric. The presser foot can be raised to a higher position for easy positioning of your project
- 🎈🎈FREE ARM SEWING MACHINE: The free arm provides easy access to cuffs, collars, pant hems and other difficult-to-reach areas. The on-board storage provides easy access to the included accessories
- 🎈🎈EASY to SEWING: Mini sewing machine speed provides perfect needle and thread control, suitable for basic sewing, compact shape, easy to use, suitable for beginners（13 years old and above）. There are two ways to open: button and foot pedal double switch. Use the battery or the power cord (note: the two ways cannot be used at the same time)
Sewing School Â®: 21 Sewing Projects Kids Will Love to Make
A Kid's Guide to Sewing: Learn to Sew with Sophie & Her Friends â€¢ 16 Fun Projects You'll Love to Make & Use
Craft-tastic â€“ Learn to Sew Kit â€“ Craft Kit Includes 7 Fun Projects to Teach Basic Sewing Stitches, Embroidery & More
- 7 CRAFTS IN ONE KIT: They’ll make a bracelet, headband, stuffie, bunny pouch, pin cushion, backpack, and a cool phone case.
- PROMOTES MOTOR SKILLS: 7 crafts will teach kids how to sew a running stitch, blanket stitch, whip stitch and how to decorate with embroidery.
- LEARN NEW TECHNIQUES: They’ll learn to use a measuring tape, handle pins, and learn to sew on buttons and patches, use elastic, and stuff toys they’ve sewn themselves.
- AGES 7+ WILL LOVE THE EASY-TO-FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS: Kit includes a handy full-color instruction booklet they’ll use for these projects–and over and over again for future sewing projects.
- INCLUDES EVERYTHING THEY NEED: Sewing instruction booklet, 36 yd (32.9 m) cotton thread, 15 pins, 2 metal needles, 5 pieces acrylic felt, 1 piece canvas fabric, 1 piece elastic, 6 plastic buttons, 1 measuring tape.
AMAV Fashion Time The Little Seamstress Craft Educational Sewing Kit - DIY Make Your Own Fashion
- A real working (B/O) sewing machine, with pedal for hands-free sewing
- To design and sew trendy fashion outfits for the mannequins
- An inspirational line of up-to-date cool activity for the crafty tweens and teens
- Includes 6 mannequins, colorful fabrics and threads, gemstones, fashion templates, and step-by-step color-printed instructions booklet
- Ages: 8 and older.
Four Seasons Crafting Kids Sewing Kit and Animal Crafts - Fun DIY Kid Craft and Sew Kits for Girls and Boys 120 Piece Set
- SCREEN-FREE ENTERTAINMENT! Get your kids away from their electronic gadgets and busy using their best creative juices. These fun sew kits are the perfect activity for sewing beginners and pros, girls and boys alike. Whether a toddler, kid, or teen, these crafting activities will keep children of all ages busy for hours on end.
- LEARN VALUABLE SKILLS - Build your kids sewing skills and self esteem by keeping them actively engaged and interacting with friends. Teach them the joy of learning to solve unique problems while getting something tangible to show for their hard work. This educational starter kit is the perfect craft and art project for any young kid.
- CUTE, CUSTOM DESIGNS - Our unique and adorable zoo animal designs will make your kids happy for days on end. DIY Stitch and Stuff element makes it possible for your toddlers to sew their own animal crafts and bring their toys to life. The custom name tags allow your child to name their new animal friends and make them their very own. These first time sewing kits make the perfect gift or gifts for any birthday, Christmas or childrens holiday.
- ALL-INCLUSIVE SET - Offering hours of quiet entertainment for your girl or boy, Wild Friends Sew and Craft Kit contains all supplies and materials needed to start sewing - from start to finish. Each kit includes: 5 adorable pre-cut felt animals, 7 colors of stitching thread, 5 kid safe plastic sewing needles, 5 metal sewing needles and needle threaders, 40 straight pins, pin cushion, safety scissors, stuffing, fun easy to follow instructions, and carrying bag for easy storage and organization.
- GREAT FOR TRAVEL - Whether your child is on a car ride during a long road trip or crammed into the backseat of an airplane, these DIY sewing projects are the perfect cure for any long plane ride or roadtrip. Each kit comes with its very own colorful and soft carrying bag for easy storage and organization. These portable containers make it easy and convenient for your child to take their arts and crafts with them anywhere.
Sewing Kit for Kids - Learn to Sew Your Own Unicorn Toy with Accessories - Arts & Crafts Gift for Girls Ages 7 8 9 10 11 12 - Fun Beginner Craft Kits with Instructions and Sewing Supplies
- COMPLETE UNICORN SEWING KIT – Everything you need to start sewing! Ideal for beginners, this craft kit contains fabric, needles, thread, stuffing and embellishments to make a 3D unicorn toy with 8 accessories. With clear instructions and premium sewing supplies, there are very few mistakes that can’t be fixed.
- MAKE YOUR OWN UNICORN PLAY SET – Easy to sew and fun to play with, this sewing kit for kids is designed for girls and boys age 7-12. The set includes a carry case, which doubles as a bedroom - fly off on fabulous adventures, then head home for a rest or a change of outfit.
- LEARN NEW SKILLS, SCREEN-FREE – This sewing kit is a great way for any child to learn a new skill, improve concentration, manual dexterity and creativity. Modern kids often miss out on the joy of creating their own toys – now you can give them that chance. Kids will love creating imaginative adventures for their hand-made friend.
- IDEAL GIFT FOR GIRLS AGE 7-12 – This art kit is a unicorn gift for daughter, niece or granddaughter. There are plenty of supplies included, so the project can be shared between an adult and child, siblings or friends. Why not learn together, and both enjoy a new hobby?
- DESIGNED BY PARENTS – At La-la-llama, we design games, toys and learning resources based on our own parenting and teaching experience. We help children discover the world around them, learn through play, and develop their abilities in a fun and safe way. La-la-llama fosters creativity, natural development and self-study.
Sewing Kit, 183 Premium Sewing Supplies Including Professional Sewing Accessories, 38 XL Thread Spools, BiaoGan Sowing Kits Best for Traveller, Adults, Beginners, Starter, Emergency, Easy to Use
- 【Professional Sewing Kit】 - Sewing Supplies contains all the household&travel essentials in one packs that are required for performing basic patch sewing repair and home mending -heavy duty scissors,38 XL threads (36 colors + 2 mixed color), 40 durable sewing pins,thimble,needles threader, tape measure and more, very organised, has everything you may need for on the go & household stitching.
- 【Simple To Use】 - Don't needs machine to use, the hand sewing kit is always available while you are in needed. It will easily access those quick, on the go repairs. Great for missing buttons, ripped seams, fix a very special shirt ,quick hem Making,DIY art sewing at home or basic mending. A premium sewing kit for using at home, travel, emergency.Very suitable for both beginners,professionals and back to school supplies college.
- 【Easy to carry】- All sewing accessories in a compact case(10.2*7.6*1.5in), which is bigger than any other sewing kit on Amazon, well compact makes it more easier to get and store up all the sewing requires, this ideal size can slip into suitcase, briefcase, office desk drawer, or car. You will always be prepared for any hand sewing emergencies.
- 【Fantastic Present Idea For You & Anyone You Love】- Sewing Accessories Could Be Your Sister’s Birthday, Your Colleague’s Housewarming Party, Mother's Day or Your Best Friend’s Name Day, or Even, Whichever The Occasion is, This Superb & Thoughtful Sewing Starter Kit Will Make A Perfect & Useful Present Idea That Anyone Would Love To Receive!
- 【Best Customer Satisfaction】- Confidence comes from high standard quality and our continuous pursuit for perfectness. If you are not satisfied with our sewing kits and Sewing Accessories we promise you a replacement or an immediate refund. Customer's satisfaction is our utmost priority.
Embroidex Sewing Kit for Home, Travel & Emergencies - Filled with Quality Notions Scissor & Thread - Great Gift
- ★ THE PERFECT SEWING KIT - A sewing kit which contains only the most essential and best sewing notions (sewing tools) and that too in an easy to organize kit - to let you find anything that you need in a blink. Being a pro at quick fixes like replacing the button, repairing the seam of your shirt or mending the ripped hemline was never easier. So, be more self-sufficient and take care of small repairs yourself.
- ★ EASY TO USE - The case has easy-access elastic gripper areas for making it easier to organize and find the right notions when required. The kit has a scissor that can easily cut through a lightweight muslin to even a thicker cloth, a needle that can stitch on a variety of clothes and a seam ripper that makes picking out stitches incredibly simple. A kit that in a true sense makes your life easier
- ★ SMART AND COMPACT - Embroidex sewing kit has an elegant appearance - thanks to PU leather finish, and a compact design unlike other sewing kits available in the market - making it convenient to carry in style anywhere you travel. With this kit in your bag, you will never have to find a tailor for the basic repairs
- ★ A USEFUL GIFT - The sewing kit makes an amazing gift for Christmas Stocking Stuffers, a frequent traveler, a performing artist, mother, grandmother, a backpacker, Tween Age Girls - Brides and Bridemates - Hostess Gifts And Just about Everyone! The kit is equally good for use by both men and women, and is definitely something that people would love to use and will thank you for.
- ★ SUPERIOR QUALITY ALL-IN-ONE KIT- Do not be deceived by its compact size, the kit contains all the necessary tools that are required for performedle threader tools (two) or a foldable tape. Every notion in the kit is made up of high-quality maing basic repairs - be it a scissor, threads (14 spools), assortment of sewing needles, shirt buttons, seam ripper, thimble, neterials to make sure that they do not fail to perform their function in urgency.
Easy Sewing Projects for Baby
A collection of easy to make baby items from McCall's.
Now I have a 20 month old granddaughter and a brand new sewing machine and I've had the sewing bug once again. My husband and daughter gave me a new sewing machine last summer and I have really been enjoying sewing for my granddaughter.
Most of the patterns I purchase are made by Simplicity and McCall's. Vogue is too expensive and I find the instructions in Butterick patterns more difficult to follow.
The McCall's M6096 pattern includes a wide variety of sewing projects perfect for a new mom or anyone with a young child. The pattern offers six different projects. Among them are:
Some pacifier clips are pretty simple, consisting of a ribbon and snap, allowing you to connect the pacifier to a burp cloth, diaper bag, or to your baby's clothes. These are nice, but they can often get lose due to the small size. That won't happen with this pacifier clip!
This item is easy to make and very cute, featuring a fish with a loop of 3/8" ribbon sewn into the top and bottom of the fish. The ribbon closes via the use of Velcro, so you can attach the pacifier to it. This would make a cute gift and would be a great adornment on a gift instead of using a bow. This pacifier clip can be made from a scrap of cloth as small as 6" by 9". The fish has top and bottom fins and is very cute.
The mobile looks much like the pacifier clip. It consists of five fish that look like the one in the pacifier clip, with each fish measuring 6" by 5 1/2". You can decorate the fish with embroidery floss, giving them a mouth and eyes and you can finish off the edges with a blanket stitch.
You'll need 1 1/4 yards of ribbon to hang the fish onto your mobile (which needs to be purchased separately). I didn't make this project, but if I were going to, I'd get some of those replacement plastic squeakers for a dogs toy and sew them into the center of each fish. Then if baby happens to grab one, it becomes an interactive toy!
The cloth bag could be used for a variety of things. I am still planning on making this for my granddaughter because I think it would be a good bag for keeping her dirty clothes in when she spends the weekend with us. I don't have room for a hamper in her bedroom, but this could easily hang in a closet.
The finished bag measures 14" x 24" and it is lined with a contrasting fabric and the back calls for a contrasting material as well. It is decorated with fat 1 1/4" wide rick-rack, and requires 1 1/2 yards of ribbon to work as a drawstring to close the bag. When I make this I don't plan on using ribbon, it doesn't seem sturdy enough to me for something that I would use over and over. Instead I would use a cord, available by the yard at fabric stores.
The organizer measures 14" x 24", and it consists of two large pockets that hang from a wooden hanger. There are quite a few notions that need to be purchased in order to make this organizer. You will need: 3 plastic rings, a wooden hanger, 2 1/8 yards of ribbon, 2 yards of 1/2" single fold bias tape, 1 yard of 1/8" rick-rack, one yard of 1/4" rick-rack, 5/8 yard of 1/2" rick-rack in two contrasting colors, and one skein of embroidery floss in six contrasting colors.
Each large pocket is decorated with a fish right in the center, with three strips of rick-rack on each side going from top to bottom. The top and bottom of the pockets as well as the top and bottom edges are finished off using the binding. You sew the three rings at the top, and thread your ribbon through them and then tie them onto the hanger for an attractive, although somewhat feminine look.
The directions for this project are easy to follow and it can be made in just a few hours time. This is a nice storage display that could hold small toys as well as diapers and lotions. It makes a nice organizer than you can hang away in the closet, but it's almost too pretty to stick away in a closet.
I love this quilt, it is SO cute. It sort of looks like one that I made nearly 30 years ago right before my daughter was born. The quilt measures 32" x 45", which is smaller than a crib blanket (which usually takes 1 1/2 yards of material to make). Experts say you should not put anything in a crib with a baby, to prevent SIDS, so this is a nice blanket to lay on the floor or couch before placing your baby down.
There are 27 squares that are sewn together in three 9 block sections. There are also three large blocks (the same size) that feature a fish, octopus and a crab. It has a wide fabric border and a contrast binding.
The easiest way to apply the appliques of the fish, octopus and crab is to use a fusible webbing as called for in the notions section on the back of the pattern. You simply place the webbing between the creature and the front of the quilt and iron in place. The heat from the iron melts the webbing and fuses the applique to the blanket, and it holds very firmly. You can then go around the edges with embroidery floss, again using the blanket stitch, to give it a finished look and some depth.
To finish the quilt you also need to purchase batting suitable for a baby blanket. I used the thin batting because I don't like thick or bulky baby blankets. This quilt came out so cute that we didn't want to risk getting it soiled and ended up hanging it off of a decorative curtain rod, connecting it with cafe clips, and hanging it on the wall of the baby's room as a decoration. It looks fantastic!
Each of these projects can be made simple or elaborate, depending on how much time and effort you want to put into them. It is not necessary to embroider the eyes, mouth, cheeks, etc. onto the little sea creatures, but it looks so much cuter if you do take the time to do so.
When making the quilt, it's easier to complete the squares with the three animals, then put the squares into an embroidery hoop to do your embroidery. Of course, your square will then need be ironed before sewing it to the rest of the squares on the quilt.
If you have been thinking of making a baby quilt but feel unsure how to do so, or if you feel intimidated by the thought of it, I would highly recommend this pattern. It makes a small but cute baby quilt, and I'm sure it will be a keepsake that will be passed down from generation to generation.
The other items are also very cute and easy to make. McCall's does a good job with the illustrated instructions, and the back of the pattern tells you everything you need to buy to complete each of the projects. These patterns can get expensive, but JoAnn's often has them on sale for half price, so if you have a JoAnn's store near you check that out.