Best Sewing Machine For Quilting Beginner in 2021
Brother Sewing and Quilting Machine, CS6000i, 60 Built-In Stitches, 7 styles of 1-Step Auto-Size Buttonholes, Wide Table, Hard Cover, LCD Display and Auto Needle Threader
Brother XM2701 Lightweight Sewing Machine, White
- 27 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The XM2701 includes 27 built-in stitches including decorative, blind hem, zigzag, and stretch stitches and an auto-size buttonhole
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: The XM2701 comes with 6 sewing feet, 3-piece needle set, twin needle, 4 bobbins, instructional DVD, manual and more
- VERSATILE FREE ARM: This free arm sewing machine is perfect for a wide range of everyday sewing projects, and users from beginners to advanced
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT The XM2701 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online live chat or phone for the life of your machine
Brother XR3774 Full-Featured Quilting Machine with 37 Stitches, 8 Sewing Feet, Wide Table, and Instructional DVD, 8 Included Sewing Feet, Red, 8 Included Sewing Feet
- Easy-to-use, value-packed and versatile, perfect for a wide range of everyday sewing projects
- Least expensive Brother sewing machine that Includes a wide table for large scale projects such as quilts
- 37 unique built-in stitches, including a great selection of decorative stitches (74 total stitch functions), and a one-step auto-size buttonholer for virtually perfect buttonholes
- Includes 8 sewing feet, with buttonhole, zipper, zigzag, blind stitch, button sewing, narrow hemmer, walking and quilting feet. Maximum Sewing Speed (Stitches Per Minute): 800
- Ease of use features include built-in needle threader, jam-resistant top drop-in bobbin and brightly lit LED work area
Brother, Computerized Sewing Machine, XR9550PRW, Project Runway Limited Edition, 110 Built-in Utility, LCD Screen, Hard Case, 8 Included Feet, White
- LARGE LCD SCREEN: The Brother XR9550PRW computerized sewing machine is easy to navigate thanks to its large backlit LCD screen
- 110 BUILT-IN STITCHES: The Project Runway Limited Edition computerized sewing machine includes 110 utility, decorative and heirloom stitches
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: With a simple touch of a lever, the advanced easy needle threader pushes your thread right through the eye
- 8 ONE-STEP AUTO-SIZE BUTTONHOLE STYLES: Choose from 8 styles of one-step, auto-size buttonholes for virtually perfect buttonholes
- HARD CASE WITH WIDE TABLE: The Brother XR9550PRW Project Runway Limited Edition sewing machine comes with a hard case and a wide table
SINGER | Heavy Duty 4423 Sewing Machine with 23 Built-In Stitches -12 Decorative Stitches, 60% Stronger Motor & Automatic Needle Threader, Perfect for Sewing all Types of Fabrics with Ease
- SINGER HEAVY DUTY SEWING MACHINE: The 23 built-in stitches including basic, stretch, decorative, and buttonhole stitches allow you to sew a variety of projects, such as fashions, home décor, quilts, crafts, and more
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER SEWING MACHINE: After following the threading path printed right on the machine, this built-in feature helps you to effortlessly thread the eye of the needle without eye strain or frustration
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE:The Singer 4423 Sewing Machine has a maximum sewing speed of 1, 100 stitches-per-minute, so projects can be sewn quickly. The 60% Stronger Motor provides greater piercing power for thick seams
- HEAVY DUTY METAL FRAME: The Singer 4423 heavy duty sewing machine is a true workhorse. With a heavy-duty metal interior frame, stainless steel bedframe, extra-high sewing speed and powerful motor, this sewing machine can sew through a variety of heavy weight fabrics and provides long lasting stability
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories are included with All-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, seam ripper/lint brush, quilting guide, needles, bobbins, screwdriver, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt are all conveniently located and stored in the accessory tray. A soft-sided dust cover is also included in the packaging
- WARRANTY: SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Portable Sewing Machine has 25 Year Limited Warranty. Note : Refer to the Videos and also the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for Manuals.
SINGER | Simple 3232 Portable Sewing Machine with 32 Built-In Stitches Including 19 Decorative Stitches, Automatic Needle Threader and Free Arm, Best Sewing Machine for Beginners
- SINGER PORTABLE SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER 3232 portable sewing machine features 32 built-in stitches, a built-in 1-step buttonhole, built-in needle threader and a heavy-duty metal frame making sewing creative projects fun and easy
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to the needle’s eye in seconds. The built-in needle threader helps you thread the eye of the needle effortlessly
- SEWING SPEED: The SINGER 3232 sewing machine has a maximum speed of 750 stitches-per-minute, so larger projects can be sewn quickly
- HIGH PRESSER FOOT LIFTER: The SINGER Simple 3232 sews several layers of thick fabric. The presser foot can be raised to a higher position for easy positioning of your project
- AUTOMATIC REVERSE SEWING MACHINE: Push the conveniently located automatic reverse button to sew in reverse and reinforce the stitching
- This sewing machine is warranted for use in the US and Canada at 110 volts only. Watts:60
Janome Arctic Crystal Easy-to-Use Sewing Machine with Interior Metal Frame, Bobbin Diagram, Tutorial Videos, Made with Beginners in Mind!
- Overview Features: 15 Built-In Stitches, 4-Step Buttonhole, Front-Loading Bobbin System, Heavy Duty Interior Metal Frame
- Customizable Features: Adjustable Stitch Length & ZigZag Width, Reverse Lever, Darning Plate
- Convenience Features: 3-Piece Feed Dog System, Removable Free Arm, Dual Retractable Spool Pins
- Easy to Use: Tutorial Videos, Built-In Bobbin Diagram, Quick Start Guide Included
- Included: 4 Presser Feet, Beginner Accessories, easy-to-follow Instructional Manual, 25-Year Limited Warranty
Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW Electric Sewing Machine - 50 Built-In Stitches - Automatic Threading
- Brother Project Runway model delivers couture-level, consistent stitch quality
- 50 stitches – customize in style with built-in clothing, decorative, heirloom and quilting stitches. Free Arm for Sewing Cuffs and Sleeves. Maximum Sewing Speed (Stitches Per Minute)850
- Includes complete designer sewing and finishing solutions, with 6 specialty feet, accompanying stitches, and specialty needles. Enjoy designer features for blind hems, zippers, overcasting edges, sewing on buttons, knits and stretch fabrics, twin needle top stitching, and more
- Professional, elegant buttonholes – 5 one-step buttonholes automatically sized to fit your specific buttons, for truly custom results
- Reliable, easy threading of both top thread and bobbin – for consistent, high quality stitching. Please note: this machine is recommended for use in countries that do not support 120V AC, even if a voltage adapter is in use
Brother Quilting Machine, RSQ9185 (Refurbished) 185 Built-in Stitches, LCD Display, Wide Table, 11 Included Sewing Feet
- 185 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The RSQ9185 comes with 130 built-in stitches including 8 styles of auto-size buttonholes, plus 55 alphanumeric stitches
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing and quilting machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: Included with the RSQ9185 is a wide table, 10 sewing feet, instructional DVD and more
- LCD SCREEN: The backlit LCD display allows you to easily view your stitch selections
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT: The RSQ9185 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online, live chat or phone for the life of your machine
Brother RLX3817A 17-Stitch Sewing Machine, Blue (Renewed)
- 17 unique built-in stitches, including one 4-step auto-size buttonhole
- 4 included sewing feet: zigzag foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot
- Free arm for sewing cuffs and sleeves
- Jam-resistant, Quick-set drop-in top bobbin system. Upper thread tension control dial help you avoid too loose or puckered stitches. Clear-view bobbin cover and bobbin allow you to see when you’re low on thread
- Included instructional CD gets you started and shows how to use your machine
Brother Quilting Machine, HC1850 185 Built-in Stitches, LCD Display, 8 Included Sewing Feet
- 185 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The HC1850 includes 130 sewing stitches including 8 styles of auto-size buttonholes, plus 55 alphanumeric sewing stitches
- ADVANCED NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing and quilting machine includes an advanced needle threading function that easily pushes thread through the needle with the press of a lever and a jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: The HC1850 quilting and sewing machine includes a wide table, 8 feet, instructional DVD, manual and more
- LCD SCREEN: Easily select your stitches with the touch of a button and view your selections on the LCD display
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT: The HC1850 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online, live chat or phone for the life of your machine
SINGER Start 1304 6 Built-in Stitches, Free Arm Best Sewing Machine for Beginners
- Heavy duty metal frame ensures that the machine remains Still for skip-free sewing
- Stainless steel bedplate provides smooth fabric feed for even sewing
- Made in China
- Amps:0.6. Volts - 110
Vintage Quilting Fabric Online
If you are looking for vintage, antique, or retro fabric for quilting, quilt restoration, or crafts, consider shopping online. Here are several websites offering authentic vintage fabrics, and another specializing in vintage reproduction fabrics.
Sharon's Antiques / Vintage Fabrics (www.rickrack.com)
This website describes its focus as a source of vintage fabrics, feedsacks, quilts, and collectible linens and textiles. They specialize in vintage fabrics from the 19th century to the 1950s - all authentic antique and old fabrics with no reproductions.
Sharon's Antiques carries a large selection of vintage materials for quilting, quilt restoration and sewing, more than 300 vintage cotton print fabrics. Categories include antique fabric, homespun checks, 1920s - 1930s, 1930s - 1940s, 1940s - 1950s, geometrics, small-scale calicoes, fruit prints, juvenile prints, novelty prints, solid color fabrics, Christmas fabrics, 1920s - 1950s, and more.
They also sell scraps for quilters and crafters, and custom scrap bags of feedsack and cotton print pieces. In addition, Sharon's Antiques has antique textiles such as quilt tops, hankies, kitchen linens, and aprons for sale.
Antique Fabric (www.antiquefabric.com)
Antique Fabric states that it is an Internet source of antique fabrics from the mid 19th century through the 1960s, specializing in cottons for quilters. They also carry fabrics useful for swing era dresses, costumes, doll costumes, and crazy quilts such as 1930s - 50s rayons, lawn, dimity, and organza, silks, satins, and brocades, as well as feedsacks, buttons, and trim.
Categories of fabrics include turn-of the century, 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s and later, novelties, quilt tops / blocks etc. The site also offers a free e-newsletter with first notices of sales and promotions, and a limited amount of quilt restoration service.
Revival Fabrics (www.revivalfabrics.com)
This website describes their merchandise as terrific vintage fabrics from the1920s - 70s. Categories include cotton fabrics - prints, floral, novelty, geometric, dimity vintage fabrics, dotted swiss and flocked, eyelash vintage fabric, famous artists - fine art on fabric, fine fabrics - silk, rayon, brocade, chiffon, flannel, home decorating - barkcloth toile, organdy, voile, and organza, seersucker, plisse and pique, shagbark, tropical and Hawaiian, etc.
Revival Fabrics also offers a sale room of "extravagant savings", sold by the piece, remnant bundles, and a monthly newsletter featuring sales information, fabric trivia, and interviews. Their home decorating section features vintage tablecloths, chenille bedspreads, tea towels, napkins, placemats, curtains etc.
Repro Depot (reprodepot.com)
Repro Depot describes their offerings as a selection of vintage reproduction and retro themed fabrics. Fabrics are brand new, 100% cotton broadcloth and usually 45" wide. Categories include 1920's and 30s, 1940's and 50s, 1960s and 70s, children at play, cowboy roundup, holiday fun, Hawaiian and tropical, girls, girls, girls, Japanese and Asian themes, barkcloth and upholstery, home decoration and florals, African influence, marimekko, Heather Rose, Munki Munki, Amy Butler, Kaffe Fassett, and Denise Schmidt.
Other items offered include buttons, ribbons, patterns, home items, cool t-shirts, and baby gifts. In addition, Repro Depot ships free by UPS ground rate, on orders over $100.