Best Sewing Machine For Quilting And Embroidery in 2022
Brother, SE600, Computerized Machine with 4" x 4" Area, 80 Embroidery Designs, 103 Built-In Sewing Stitches, White, 3.2" LCD Touchscreen Display, 7 Included Feet
Brother Sewing and Quilting Machine, CS6000i, 60 Built-In Stitches, 7 styles of 1-Step Auto-Size Buttonholes, Wide Table, Hard Cover, LCD Display and Auto Needle Threader
- Included Components: Carrying Case/Cover
- Voltage: 110
SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine with 600-Stitches Electronic Auto Pilot Mode, Extension Table and Bonus Accessories, Perfect for Customizing Projects
- SINGER COMPUTERIZED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 portable sewing machine has loads of ease-of-use features to allow you to fulfill your creative dreams Has a large selection of stitches including basic, stretch and decorative stitches for fashion sewing, quilting, home decor and crafting There’s even a selection of fonts to personalize projects
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to the needle’s eye, in seconds The built-in needle threader threads the eye of the needle for you, eliminating eye strain and frustration
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has 600 Built-In Stitches including 5 Alphanumeric Fonts and 13 built-in 1-Step Buttonholes with Exclusive Buttonhole Underplate It also has Mirror Imaging and Stitch Elongation providing even more creative possibilities
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has a maximum sewing speed of 850 stitches-per-minute, projects can be sewn quickly
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of presser feet are included with the sewing machine: All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot with Underplate, Button Sewing Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Open Toe Foot, Overcasting Foot, Darning and Embroidery Foot, Rolled Hem Foot, Cording Foot, Straight Stitch/Quilting Foot, Even Feed / Walking Foot 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only
Brother Quilting Machine, HC1850 185 Built-in Stitches, LCD Display, 8 Included Sewing Feet
- 185 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The HC1850 includes 130 sewing stitches including 8 styles of auto-size buttonholes, plus 55 alphanumeric sewing stitches
- ADVANCED NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing and quilting machine includes an advanced needle threading function that easily pushes thread through the needle with the press of a lever and a jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: The HC1850 quilting and sewing machine includes a wide table, 8 feet, instructional DVD, manual and more
- LCD SCREEN: Easily select your stitches with the touch of a button and view your selections on the LCD display
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT: The HC1850 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online, live chat or phone for the life of your machine
Brother, Computerized Sewing Machine, XR9550PRW, Project Runway Limited Edition, 110 Built-in Utility, LCD Screen, Hard Case, 8 Included Feet, White
- LARGE LCD SCREEN: The Brother XR9550PRW computerized sewing machine is easy to navigate thanks to its large backlit LCD screen
- 110 BUILT-IN STITCHES: The Project Runway Limited Edition computerized sewing machine includes 110 utility, decorative and heirloom stitches
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: With a simple touch of a lever, the advanced easy needle threader pushes your thread right through the eye
- 8 ONE-STEP AUTO-SIZE BUTTONHOLE STYLES: Choose from 8 styles of one-step, auto-size buttonholes for virtually perfect buttonholes
- HARD CASE WITH WIDE TABLE: The Brother XR9550PRW Project Runway Limited Edition sewing machine comes with a hard case and a wide table
Brother Quilting Machine, RSQ9185 (Refurbished) 185 Built-in Stitches, LCD Display, Wide Table, 11 Included Sewing Feet
- 185 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The RSQ9185 comes with 130 built-in stitches including 8 styles of auto-size buttonholes, plus 55 alphanumeric stitches
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing and quilting machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: Included with the RSQ9185 is a wide table, 10 sewing feet, instructional DVD and more
- LCD SCREEN: The backlit LCD display allows you to easily view your stitch selections
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT: The RSQ9185 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online, live chat or phone for the life of your machine
Brother XR3774 Full-Featured Quilting Machine with 37 Stitches, 8 Sewing Feet, Wide Table, and Instructional DVD, 8 Included Sewing Feet, Red, 8 Included Sewing Feet
- Easy-to-use, value-packed and versatile, perfect for a wide range of everyday sewing projects
- Least expensive Brother sewing machine that Includes a wide table for large scale projects such as quilts
- 37 unique built-in stitches, including a great selection of decorative stitches (74 total stitch functions), and a one-step auto-size buttonholer for virtually perfect buttonholes
- Includes 8 sewing feet, with buttonhole, zipper, zigzag, blind stitch, button sewing, narrow hemmer, walking and quilting feet. Maximum Sewing Speed (Stitches Per Minute): 800
- Ease of use features include built-in needle threader, jam-resistant top drop-in bobbin and brightly lit LED work area
Brother Quilting Machine, PQ1500SL Up to 1,500 Stitches Per Minute, Wide Table, 7 Included Sewing Feet
- 1,500 STITCHES PER MINUTE MAX SEWING SPEED: Maximum stitching of up to 1,500 stitches per minute allows you to sew and quilt more in less time
- ADVANCED NEEDLE THREADING SYSTEM: This sewing and quilting machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: The PQ1500SL longarm sewing and quilting machine comes with a wide table, 7 sewing feet, knee-lifter, instruction manual and more. The removable knee-lifter enables you to lift your presser foot with your knee, leaving both hands free for fabric handling
- PRECISION PIN FEEDING SYSTEM: It's so easy to sew a wide variety of fabric thicknesses thanks to Brother's Pin Feed system for precision fabric feeding
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT: The PQ1500SL comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online, live chat or phone for the life of your machine
Janome 2030QDC-B Computerized Quilting and Sewing Machine with Bonus Quilt Kit
- The Janome New Home 2030QDC-B showcases the amazing quality you associate with Janome heritage.
- It contains a variety of features normally found only on more expensive models, including 7mm stitch width, LCD display with easy navigation, and a one-hand needle threader.
- The machine offers 30 built-in stitches and 3 one-step buttonholes. Easy convenience features include a start/stop button, speed control slider, auto lock button, memorized needle up/down, and easy reverse. It is lightweight for easy portability at just 12 pounds.
- BONUS: Quilting kit and extension table
Janome MC6650 Sewing and Quilting Machine with Exclusive Bonus Bundle
- Maximum sewing speed: 1000 Stitches Per Minute
- 170 stitches, 2 alphabets, Stitch Width: 9mm, Stitch Length: 5mm
- Memorized needle up/down, One-push needle plate conversion with 2 included plates
- 6 LEDs in 3 locations, Needle threader
- Bonus Bundle Includes: Janome rolling trolley, clear view seam foot, bobbin case, clear view quilting foot, plastic bobbins,
Brother SE600 Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine Bundle with 4" x 4" Embroidery Area
- Exclusive Brother SE600 Bundle. Make sure you order from Swing Design to ensure warranty coverage. Swing Design is a direct distributor for Brother. Import your own .pes embroidery design files using the built-in USB port, for virtually unlimited embroidery design options.
- Included are 7 quick-change sewing feet, with spring action zigzag, buttonhole, overcasting, monogramming, zipper, blind stitch and button sewing feet. The spring action zigzag foot is designed with a longer foot, and, combined with the longer 7-point feed dogs, help provide smoother fabric feeding.
- 4" x 4" embroidery field, with an included 4" x 4" hoop, embroidery arm and embroidery foot, Large, 3.7" Sew Smart color LCD touch screen display allows you to view your embroidery designs in full color before stitching
- 80 embroidery designs with bonus $100 in designs (Please note that the card is valid for the card redemption portion of the site, chose from 1200+ designs)
- 103 built-in sewing stitches, including beautiful decorative stitches and 8 styles of one-step, auto-sized buttonholes, Expanded 6.4" w x 4.1" h needle-to-arm workspace provides more room for quilts and bulkier sewing projects
Brother PE800, 5x7 Embroidery Machine, One Size, White
- 138 BUILT-IN DESIGNS: Featuring 138 built-in embroidery designs including scrollwork, florals and quilt patterns, the PE800 has numerous options to allow your creativity to flourish
- 11 BUILT-IN FONTS: 7 English, 3 Japanese, and 1 Cyrillic font styles are perfect for monogramming and lettering
- USB PORT: The PE800's USB port allows you to import your embroidery designs into your machine's built-in memory
- LARGE COLOR TOUCHSCREEN: The large 3.2" inch LCD color touchscreen allows you to preview your designs before embroidering
- 5" X 7" EMBROIDERY FIELD: This embroidery-only machine comes with an embroidery foot and a 5" x 7" inch embroidery hoop perfect for stitching larger designs
Hints, Tips and Tricks for Embroidering on Sweatshirts and Fleece
Machine embroidery is a popular hobby. Learning to embroider perfect designs on different materials like sweatshirts requires practice and some helpful tips.
Hints, Tips and Tricks for Embroidering on Sweatshirts and Fleece: Choose the Right Machine
Keep in mind when shopping for an embroidery machine that you should buy the best machine you can afford. A few hundred dollars can mean the difference between a machine that stitches designs adequately compared to a machine that produces a beautiful result time after time.
In addition, consider what projects you intend to make with your new embroidery machine. Projects like baby items or ball caps require only embroidery machines with a 4 inch by 4 inch embroidery field. However, if you plan to stitch out designs for large pillows, canvas bags, or adult sweatshirts, then you will want an embroidery field that is at least 5 inches by 7 inches. You may even want the capability for a much larger embroidery field. My machine, a Brother PE-780D, can embroider up to a 5 inch by 7 inch embroidery design.
Hints, Tips and Tricks for Embroidering on Sweatshirts and Fleece: Choose the Right Design
Next, when embroidering on sweatshirts or fleece, choose the right design. Because a heavy weight sweatshirt fleece is heavier than at-shirt or lightweight knit, you can choose a more substantial design with more stitches. However, if you choose a very dense, large design, then your sweatshirt could become overly stiff and uncomfortable. Also, bear in mind that the lighter the sweatshirt, the less dense your design should be. If you want your sweatshirt to retain its drape and shape, then choose a smaller design with fewer stitches.
Hints, Tips and Tricks for Embroidering on Sweatshirts and Fleece: Prepare Your Fabric
If you embroider on a piece of fabric that you intend to launder, you must pre-wash and dry the garment. Wash the sweatshirt or fleece just as you intend to care for it on a daily basis so that it shrinks before you embroider on it. If you wash the sweatshirt after you embroider on it and the sweatshirt shrinks, your beautiful embroidery will pucker and be ruined.
Hints, Tips and Tricks for Embroidering Sweatshirts and Fleece: Choose the Right Stabilizer
Think of your stabilizer as the foundation for your embroidery. Just as you need the right foundation for your house, you must have the proper foundation for your embroidery design. When embroidering on a fleece sweatshirt, use a cut-away stabilizer. The knit sweatshirt fabric will stretch if you use a tear-away stabilizer, and your beautiful design will be ruined. Depending upon the weight of your sweatshirt, you will need a medium or a heavyweight stabilizer.
Hints, Tips and Tricks for Embroidering on Sweatshirts and Fleece: Use a Water Soluble Topping
A fleece sweatshirt requires not only a stabilizer, but you may also want to use a water soluble topping stabilizer. The water-soluble topping keeps the stitches from sinking into the fabric and really shows off the beauty of the embroidery design. It also comes off easily in the wash.
Hints, Tips and Tricks for Embroidering on Sweatshirts and Fleece: Place Your Design Carefully
Be sure to place your design in an appropriate place on your sweatshirt. Some embroidery websites and embroidery software allow you to print out your design first so that you can cut out a template and place it on your sweatshirt. If your design is too high or too low, it will look unprofessional. Use a ready-made sweatshirt from your closet as a guide if you need help finding the proper placement. In addition, before hooping your sweatshirt, mark the horizontal and vertical center of your design directly on the sweatshirt. When you hoop your sweatshirt, the horizontal and vertical marks should line up with the markings on your hoop.
Some embroiderers cringe at the thought of hooping sweatshirts out of fear that the tight hoop will leave "hoop burns" on the fabric. However, putting the stabilizer, sweatshirt, and topping in the hoop is the best way to prevent puckering and shifting of your embroidery design. Any hoop marks disappear when the sweatshirt is laundered.
Learning to use your own embroidery machine can be challenging, but the results are rewarding. Using these tips will help your machine embroidered sweatshirts turn out beautifully every time.