Best Sewing Machine For Quilting in 2021
Brother Sewing and Quilting Machine, CS6000i, 60 Built-In Stitches, 7 styles of 1-Step Auto-Size Buttonholes, Wide Table, Hard Cover, LCD Display and Auto Needle Threader
Brother XR3774 Full-Featured Quilting Machine with 37 Stitches, 8 Sewing Feet, Wide Table, and Instructional DVD, 8 Included Sewing Feet, Red, 8 Included Sewing Feet
- Easy-to-use, value-packed and versatile, perfect for a wide range of everyday sewing projects
- Least expensive Brother sewing machine that Includes a wide table for large scale projects such as quilts
- 37 unique built-in stitches, including a great selection of decorative stitches (74 total stitch functions), and a one-step auto-size buttonholer for virtually perfect buttonholes
- Includes 8 sewing feet, with buttonhole, zipper, zigzag, blind stitch, button sewing, narrow hemmer, walking and quilting feet. Maximum Sewing Speed (Stitches Per Minute): 800
- Ease of use features include built-in needle threader, jam-resistant top drop-in bobbin and brightly lit LED work area
Brother Quilting Machine, HC1850 185 Built-in Stitches, LCD Display, 8 Included Sewing Feet
- 185 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The HC1850 includes 130 sewing stitches including 8 styles of auto-size buttonholes, plus 55 alphanumeric sewing stitches
- ADVANCED NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing and quilting machine includes an advanced needle threading function that easily pushes thread through the needle with the press of a lever and a jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: The HC1850 quilting and sewing machine includes a wide table, 8 feet, instructional DVD, manual and more
- LCD SCREEN: Easily select your stitches with the touch of a button and view your selections on the LCD display
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT: The HC1850 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online, live chat or phone for the life of your machine
Brother Quilting Machine, PQ1500SL Up to 1,500 Stitches Per Minute, Wide Table, 7 Included Sewing Feet
- 1,500 STITCHES PER MINUTE MAX SEWING SPEED: Maximum stitching of up to 1,500 stitches per minute allows you to sew and quilt more in less time
- ADVANCED NEEDLE THREADING SYSTEM: This sewing and quilting machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: The PQ1500SL longarm sewing and quilting machine comes with a wide table, 7 sewing feet, knee-lifter, instruction manual and more. The removable knee-lifter enables you to lift your presser foot with your knee, leaving both hands free for fabric handling
- PRECISION PIN FEEDING SYSTEM: It's so easy to sew a wide variety of fabric thicknesses thanks to Brother's Pin Feed system for precision fabric feeding
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT: The PQ1500SL comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online, live chat or phone for the life of your machine
Brother, Computerized Sewing Machine, XR9550PRW, Project Runway Limited Edition, 110 Built-in Utility, LCD Screen, Hard Case, 8 Included Feet, White
- LARGE LCD SCREEN: The Brother XR9550PRW computerized sewing machine is easy to navigate thanks to its large backlit LCD screen
- 110 BUILT-IN STITCHES: The Project Runway Limited Edition computerized sewing machine includes 110 utility, decorative and heirloom stitches
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: With a simple touch of a lever, the advanced easy needle threader pushes your thread right through the eye
- 8 ONE-STEP AUTO-SIZE BUTTONHOLE STYLES: Choose from 8 styles of one-step, auto-size buttonholes for virtually perfect buttonholes
- HARD CASE WITH WIDE TABLE: The Brother XR9550PRW Project Runway Limited Edition sewing machine comes with a hard case and a wide table
SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine with 600-Stitches Electronic Auto Pilot Mode, Extension Table and Bonus Accessories, Perfect for Customizing Projects
- SINGER COMPUTERIZED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 portable sewing machine has loads of ease-of-use features to allow you to fulfill your creative dreams Has a large selection of stitches including basic, stretch and decorative stitches for fashion sewing, quilting, home decor and crafting There’s even a selection of fonts to personalize projects
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to the needle’s eye, in seconds The built-in needle threader threads the eye of the needle for you, eliminating eye strain and frustration
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has 600 Built-In Stitches including 5 Alphanumeric Fonts and 13 built-in 1-Step Buttonholes with Exclusive Buttonhole Underplate It also has Mirror Imaging and Stitch Elongation providing even more creative possibilities
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has a maximum sewing speed of 850 stitches-per-minute, projects can be sewn quickly
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of presser feet are included with the sewing machine: All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot with Underplate, Button Sewing Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Open Toe Foot, Overcasting Foot, Darning and Embroidery Foot, Rolled Hem Foot, Cording Foot, Straight Stitch/Quilting Foot, Even Feed / Walking Foot 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only
Brother Quilting Machine, RSQ9185 (Refurbished) 185 Built-in Stitches, LCD Display, Wide Table, 11 Included Sewing Feet
- 185 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The RSQ9185 comes with 130 built-in stitches including 8 styles of auto-size buttonholes, plus 55 alphanumeric stitches
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing and quilting machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: Included with the RSQ9185 is a wide table, 10 sewing feet, instructional DVD and more
- LCD SCREEN: The backlit LCD display allows you to easily view your stitch selections
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT: The RSQ9185 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online, live chat or phone for the life of your machine
JUKI TL-2000Qi Sewing and Quilting Machine
- Updated with LED lights and one pedal operation
- 1500 SPM for quilting apparel and home décor
- Automatic needle threader
- Aluminum die cast arm and bed for low vibration operation
- Extension table included for wide work area
Brother XM2701 Lightweight Sewing Machine, White
- 27 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The XM2701 includes 27 built-in stitches including decorative, blind hem, zigzag, and stretch stitches and an auto-size buttonhole
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: The XM2701 comes with 6 sewing feet, 3-piece needle set, twin needle, 4 bobbins, instructional DVD, manual and more
- VERSATILE FREE ARM: This free arm sewing machine is perfect for a wide range of everyday sewing projects, and users from beginners to advanced
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT The XM2701 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online live chat or phone for the life of your machine
Juki TL2000QI Long-Arm Sewing & Quilting Machine w/Limited time Quilters Package!
- Foot Controller with Thread Trimming Function
- LED Light
- Automatic Thread Trimmer
- Even Feed Foot
- Sew Heavy Weight Materials With Ease
Schmetz Quilting Sewing Machine Needles 130/705H H-Q Size 90/14, (pack of 5)
- Size 90/14 is perfect for medium weight fabrics.
- 5 packs of needles. Each pack contains 5 needles, for a grand total of 25 needles.
- Made especially for piecing and machine quilting
- The shank(top part) of these needles have one flat side and one rounded side.
- These will fit all "household" models of Brother, Janome, Singer, Pfaff, Bernina, Viking, Elna, Kenmore, Baby Lock, Simplicity, Necchi, White and many others.
Brother, SE600, Computerized Machine with 4" x 4" Area, 80 Embroidery Designs, 103 Built-In Sewing Stitches, White, 3.2" LCD Touchscreen Display, 7 Included Feet
- LARGE COLOR TOUCHSCREEN: The Brother SE-600 computerized sewing and embroidery machine includes a 3.2" x 1.8" touchscreen display
- 4” X 4” EMBROIDERY FIELD: This computerized combination machine is built with a 4” x 4” embroidery field with an included hoop, embroidery arm, and foot.
- ENHANCED EMBROIDERY FEATURES: The advanced features include change and preview thread colors, move designs on screen, and place lettering on arcs.
- CUSTOM EMBROIDERY IMPORTS: The technology in the SE600 allows you to import your own . pes embroidery design files using the built-in USB port.
- 103 BUILT-IN SEWING STITCHES: The SE600 computerized combination machine comes with 103 built-in sewing stitches, including auto-sized buttonholes.
Sewing 101: What to Look for in a Beginning Sewing Machine
Purchasing a sewing machined for the first time is a lot like car shopping. Know what to look for, the pitfalls and insider tips in this article.
Before you step foot in the store, realize there is a wide range of machines available, in all price ranges. Be prepared for this. Be upfront about your skill level and how you are planning on using a machine. If you are a true beginner, all the extras could overwhelm. Start with a good, basic machine.
Take a test drive. Carry a scrap of fabric and some thread with you. Use your own rather than the demonstration materials provided to get a better idea if this is the machine for you. How easy is it to thread? Does it have the features you need? Feel free to try out some of the latest features to see what is out there.
Try a used model. Like cars, people often trade in perfectly good models for the latest and greatest. Take advantage of someone else's upgrade by purchasing their used model. But, just like you wouldn't buy a used car from a junk yard, or a fixer upper for a 16 year old girl with no mechanical inclination, be careful to purchase used models that have already been refurbished or at least looked over by a professional. Thrift store or garage sale varieties can often be much more trouble than they are worth.
Don't shy away from plastic parts. This is not always a sign of a cheaply made machine. Metal parts require regular lubrication and maintenance.
Know your price range. Let the salesperson know what you are looking for and how much you are willing to spend. Being upfront helps them direct you to the right manufacturer and available deals.
Ask what comes with the machine. Some stores offer packages including lessons, tool kits or service packages. Research the possibilities and don't be afraid to shop around.
Consider gathering information from different retailers. List their best offers, the manufacturers and models they recommended as well as the ones you like the best. Check online for the deals direct from the manufacturer on their websites;