Best Sewing Machine For Heavy Weight Fabric in 2021
Singer Heavy Duty 4411 11 Built-in Stitches, Metal Frame and Stainless Steel Bedplate, Fabrics Sewing Machine, Medium
SINGER | Heavy Duty 4423 Sewing Machine with 23 Built-In Stitches -12 Decorative Stitches, 60% Stronger Motor & Automatic Needle Threader, Perfect for Sewing all Types of Fabrics with Ease
- SINGER HEAVY DUTY SEWING MACHINE: The 23 built-in stitches including basic, stretch, decorative, and buttonhole stitches allow you to sew a variety of projects, such as fashions, home décor, quilts, crafts, and more
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER SEWING MACHINE: After following the threading path printed right on the machine, this built-in feature helps you to effortlessly thread the eye of the needle without eye strain or frustration
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE:The Singer 4423 Sewing Machine has a maximum sewing speed of 1, 100 stitches-per-minute, so projects can be sewn quickly. The 60% Stronger Motor provides greater piercing power for thick seams
- HEAVY DUTY METAL FRAME: The Singer 4423 heavy duty sewing machine is a true workhorse. With a heavy-duty metal interior frame, stainless steel bedframe, extra-high sewing speed and powerful motor, this sewing machine can sew through a variety of heavy weight fabrics and provides long lasting stability
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories are included with All-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, seam ripper/lint brush, quilting guide, needles, bobbins, screwdriver, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt are all conveniently located and stored in the accessory tray. A soft-sided dust cover is also included in the packaging
- WARRANTY: SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Portable Sewing Machine has 25 Year Limited Warranty. Note : Refer to the Videos and also the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for Manuals.
Tear Away Stabilizer for Embroidery - 1.8 Ounce Medium Weight 9 3/4" x 50 yd Tearaway Backing for Machine Embroidery and Hand Sewing
- EMBROIDERY STABILIZER: This embroidery backing tears away easily and provides the necessary support while embroidering or sewing garments made from almost any fabric material type.
- MULTI-USE STABLIZER BACKING: This paper backing can be used on a range of projects and is perfect for embroidering with hoops, by hand, appliques, or decorative stitch artwork.
- 9 3/4" WIDTH FITS MOST MACHINE HOOPS: The 9 3/4" roll width means it will fit almost all embroidery hoop sizes without wasting material. 8"x10" 4x4 10"x12" 5x7 (Hoops:1"x2.5", 5"x12",6“x6”, 6"x10", 7”x12” etc.).
- MEDIUM WEIGHT (1.8 oz): Use for a range of stitch density embroidery designs. At 1.8 oz (50 Grams) this tear away embroidery stabilizer is perfect for any project.
Singer Heavy Duty 4432 32 Built-in Stitches, Automatic Needle Threader, Metal Frame and Stainless Steel Bedplate, Perfect T Sewing Machine, Gray
- HEAVY DUTY METAL FRAME: Adds stability and provides long lasting durability
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories are included: all-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, seam ripper/lint brush, edge/quilting guide, needles, bobbins, screwdriver, auxiliary spool pin, and spool pin felt are all conveniently located and stored in the accessory tray. A soft-sided dust cover is also included in the packaging
- REVERSE STITCH SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER 4432 heavy duty sewing machine has a built-in reverse lever so you can sew in reverse and reinforce stitches
- Limited 90-DAY Warranty for Adjustments, Belts, Rings, Bulbs, Attachments; Limited 2-Year Warranty for Motors, Light assembly, Wiring, Switches,Speed control and Electronic Components; Limited 25-Year Warranty for Sewing Machine Head
SINGER Heavy Duty 4452 Accessories, 32 Built, 60% Stronger Motor, Stainless Steel Bedplate, 48% Faster Stitching Speed & Automatic Nee Sewing Machine, Grey
- SINGER HEAVY DUTY SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Heavy Duty 4452 sewing machine boasts an array of features that make creating elegant garments and gifts for yourself and others fun and exciting. The Sewing machine with 32 built-in stitches includes 6 Basic, 7 Stretch, 18 Decorative Stitches and 1 Fully Automatic 1-step Buttonholes. A large variety of stitches for all types of sewing and perfect for crafts, home decor, clothing construction and much more
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER SEWING MACHINE: After following the threading path printed right on the machine, this built-in feature helps you to effortlessly thread the eye of the needle without eye strain or frustration, Machine Size - 15.5 x 6.25 x 12 inches
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE: The Singer 4452 sewing machine has a maximum sewing speed of 1,100 stitches-per-minute, so projects can be sewn quickly. The 60% Stronger Motor than standard sewing machines allows it to sew through heavyweight fabrics with ease.
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: Four bonus Heavy Duty optimized accessories included: Even Feed / Walking Foot for layers of fabric, Non-Stick Foot for leather and vinyl, a 5-pack of Size 16 needles and a Clearance Plate for thick seams. Plus a variety of must-have accessories are included with all-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, seam ripper / lint brush, quilting guide, needles, bobbins, screwdriver, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt are all conveniently located and stored in the accessory tray. A soft-sided dust cover is also included in the packaging
- BEST SELLING SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Heavy Duty 4452 sewing machine is a true workhorse. The stainless steel bedplate enables smooth fabric flow and the heavy duty interior metal frame ensures skip-free sewing. Top drop-in bobbin is easy to insert, remove and monitor thread supply
- This sewing machine is warranted for use in the US and Canada at 110 volts only
- Amps (0.7) / Watts (84) / Volts (120V) / Hertz (60)
Brother Sewing and Quilting Machine, CS6000i, 60 Built-In Stitches, 7 styles of 1-Step Auto-Size Buttonholes, Wide Table, Hard Cover, LCD Display and Auto Needle Threader
- Included Components: Carrying Case/Cover
- Voltage: 110
Coats&Clark Denim Thread for Jeans, 250-Yard, Blue (3 Pack)
- Use for seams and hems in new garment construction or for mending.
- When sewing on medium to heavy weight denim a Jeans Needle is needed.
- This package contains one 250yd spool
SINGER 04801 Universal Heavy Duty Sewing Machine Needles, 5-Count
- Set of 5 heavy duty machine needles in assorted sizes
- Use for standard sewing projects on heavy fabrics such as denim, corduroy or leather
- Compatible with all quality sewing machines, including SINGER, Brother, and Kenmore brands
- (2) size 100/16 for medium weight denim, (2) size 110/18 for heavyweight cotton, and (1) size 90/14 for medium weight leather
- Machine needles come in slim and convenient case, marked with sizes on clear lid
3-PACK - Coats & Clark - Dual Duty XP Heavy Weight Thread - 3 Color Bundle - (White+Cream+Natural) 125yds Each
- 3 Pack - White, Cream & Natural - One 125yd spool each
- Designed to meet the needs of sewers when it came to denim, double knits, drapery fabric, faux fur, felt, fleece, leather and faux leather, quilted fabrics, sweater knits, ticking, twill, upholstery, canvas, duck, and sail cloth.
- Spool features the dual-trap system for a more secure storage without the spool unwinding.
- Recommended needles: Machine: 14(90), 16(100) or 18(110), Hand: sizes 1 to 6. This thread is ideal for bold topstitching, cording, and stitching hand-worked buttonholes.
- Smooth & beautiful finish, consistent tension, balanced twist, excellent stitch formation, low breakage, color-fast, and weather resistant.
Sewing Scissors 9 inch + Free Hobby Knife â€“ Industrial Scissors Heavy Duty Stronger Than Stainless Steel; Professional For Fabric Leather, Dressmaking, Tailoring, Quilting, Home & Office, Art & School
- ✅PROFESSIONAL – Our versatile right hand scissors heavy duty is made from industrial grade materials –Premium High Carbon Steel- which is stronger, harder and stays sharp longer than the standard stainless steel used in other so called high quality shears. Each blade is durable, solid and has Razor Edge Retention that helps it stays sharp, even after running through the toughest materials, fabrics and leather.
- ✅EASY & COMFORTABLY TO USE - Feel no pain during use with your sewing scissors professional, due to our extreme ergonomically designed "comfort grip" handle that hugs your hand comfortably for the smooth precise cuts you need, without the pain. The angled bend in the slanted handle allows you to remain flat on the surface for easy, accurate cutting as so called cut-flat. Ideal for patterns, seams, raw materials and for cutting multiple layers of fabric at once.
- ✅ALL-PURPOSE – With a 9 inch length your Super Scissors are weighted and balanced to feel perfect for any use, including household, school, office, student, sewing, tailors, dressmaking, quilting, embroidery, cutting patterns, upholstery, - this is the best cutting industrial scissors heavy duty set tool for every of your project!
- ✅PERFECT AS A GIFT – For all craft, art, quilting, tailoring, embroidery, dressmaking, sewing or upholstery lovers with 1 BONUS gold craft knife with safety cap for exact cuts, best for all of your projects! All come as a scissors set packed in a stylish gift box. You’ll thank us later for the pleasure of cutting paper, fabric, denim, leather, cloths and more with an ease that your precious hands have never felt before.
- ✅100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE & EXTENDED WARRANTY PROGRAM – Our industrial sewing shears offers a precision ground cutting knife edge and long lasting razor sharp, but if you are not completely satisfied, please contact us within 60 days of purchase for a full refund or replacement.
COATS & CLARK S950-0900 Dual Duty XP Heavy Thread, 125-Yard, Black
- Spool features the dual-trap system for a more secure storage without the spool unwinding
- Recommended needles: Machine: 9(65) Hand: sizes 9 and 10
- His extra performance thread is ideal for lingerie bridal/formal fashions Batiste chiffon nylon tricot organza voile as well as other sheer fabrics
8 Color Bundle of Coats & Clark Extra Strong Upholstery Thread - 150 Yards Each (Black, White, Chona Brown, Driftwood, Green Linen, Hemp, Natural & Soldier Blue)
- Full 8 Color Set! One 150 yeard Spool each of Black, White, Chona Brown, Driftwood, Green Linen, Hemp, Natural & Soldier Blue
- Upholstery Nylon is a heavyweight 100% nylon thread for machine and hand sewing indoor and outdoor heavyweight fabrics
- It is a bonded 3-ply nylon thread that is weather abrasion mildew and UV resistant
- For best results use a size 18 needle and increase stitch length.
Sewing Machine Needles - How to Choose the Right One
When you don't do much machine sewing you may not notice - or care - what kind of needle is in the machine. If you have a special project, though, that needle can make the difference between success and failure.
Choosing the right needle
There are three factors to consider when you're trying to decide what needle to use:
- the fabric - is it sheer or heavy, stiff or stretchy, or just a "plain" quilting cotton?
- the thread - what's it made from (cotton, rayon, metallic, etc.) and how thick is it?
- the machine stitch or stitches you'll be using (for example, seams, hems, or embroidery)
Each of these can influence which needle will work best for your project.
There are many different kinds of sewing machine needles available. Here are the most common.
- Ball point needles are great for stretchy fabrics. The rounded end of the needle will go through fabric more easily, with less chance of snagging.
- Denim needles are great for heavier fabrics like canvas, duck, vinyl - and of course denim. Heavy fabric can be stiff, and these needles are designed to keep from pushing the fabric through the hole in the needle plate.
- Embroidery needles are designed for machine embroidery. They'll keep the more fragile rayon thread from breaking in the machine.
- Hemstitch needles make a small hole as they move along. They're good for use with linen or batiste fabric, but they have a tendency to push the fabric into the plate hole.
- Leather needles have a slightly elongated point that can create a tiny slit rather than a hole. They're a better choice for natural (not synthetic) leather.
- Metallic needles are designed to be used with metallic threads, which because of their content (which is sometimes plastic and aluminum) don't always flow smoothly through the machine. Metallic needles help eliminate that problem and keep stitches smooth and even.
- Quilting needles are designed for sewing multiple layers - one of the last steps in the quilting process.
- Self-threading needles are really helpful for people who have trouble threading needles. They're usually a universal needle (see below) and therefore not the best choice for sewing knits.
- Sharps are designed to be used with fabrics made with very fine thread, like silk or microfiber, and synthetic leathers. They'll pierce the fabric without damaging it.
- Topstitching needles are bigger, so they can be used with heavy thread (like upholstery thread). But that larger size can punch a too-big hole in your fabric, so try to use the smallest one you can fit the thread through.
- Twins are actually two needles mounted on one shaft; they produce two parallel rows of stitches at the same time. This can save time if you're doing topstitching, and it's great for decorative stitches. Twin needles may be available with different points - for example, universal, stretch, embroidery, and denim.
- Universal needles are the classic "all-purpose" choice. They're best used on medium-weight woven fabrics (not knits, which usually do better with a ball point needle).
What about sizes?
Machine needle sizes are classified two ways - European and American. European sizes range from 60 to 120 and American sizes from 8 to 19. Generally these two kinds of sizes are put together, separated by a "/", so they can be used around the world. As an example, size 70/10 means the needle is a European size 70 and an American size 10.
Unlike thread, the number is directly proportional to the size - the larger the number the bigger the needle. Choose your needle size based on the weight (heavy or light) of your fabrics. Lighter fabrics need smaller needles that won't poke a big hole in the fabric as they're making stitches. Medium weight fabrics take mid-range sizes. And heavyweight fabrics, like denim, upholstery fabric, and vinyl, are best sewn with the largest size needles.
Most of the needles described above are for use with regular sewing and machine embroidery. But what if you have a serger? Most - but not all - sergers use regular sewing machine needles. If you're not sure just check your serger's manual for recommended needles and sizes.
It's a good idea to change to a new needle at the beginning of a project. This will give your project the most consistent stitches.
Machine needle packages do come in assorted sizes if you're not sure what you need, or if you have a variety of projects planned. When in doubt the best plan is to do a "test" on a scrap of similar fabric. Keep changing needles until you get the effect you want.
There's a lot more information available than I've presented here. If you need more details check out the Resources section of this article. Otherwise, consult the list above so you can make an informed choice - and enjoy your sewing more.