Best Sewing Machine For Blankets in 2022
Brother Sewing and Quilting Machine, CS6000i, 60 Built-In Stitches, 7 styles of 1-Step Auto-Size Buttonholes, Wide Table, Hard Cover, LCD Display and Auto Needle Threader
SINGER Heavy Duty 4452 Accessories, 32 Built, 60% Stronger Motor, Stainless Steel Bedplate, 48% Faster Stitching Speed & Automatic Nee Sewing Machine, Grey
- SINGER HEAVY DUTY SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Heavy Duty 4452 sewing machine boasts an array of features that make creating elegant garments and gifts for yourself and others fun and exciting. The Sewing machine with 32 built-in stitches includes 6 Basic, 7 Stretch, 18 Decorative Stitches and 1 Fully Automatic 1-step Buttonholes. A large variety of stitches for all types of sewing and perfect for crafts, home decor, clothing construction and much more
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER SEWING MACHINE: After following the threading path printed right on the machine, this built-in feature helps you to effortlessly thread the eye of the needle without eye strain or frustration, Machine Size - 15.5 x 6.25 x 12 inches
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE: The Singer 4452 sewing machine has a maximum sewing speed of 1,100 stitches-per-minute, so projects can be sewn quickly. The 60% Stronger Motor than standard sewing machines allows it to sew through heavyweight fabrics with ease.
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: Four bonus Heavy Duty optimized accessories included: Even Feed / Walking Foot for layers of fabric, Non-Stick Foot for leather and vinyl, a 5-pack of Size 16 needles and a Clearance Plate for thick seams. Plus a variety of must-have accessories are included with all-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, seam ripper / lint brush, quilting guide, needles, bobbins, screwdriver, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt are all conveniently located and stored in the accessory tray. A soft-sided dust cover is also included in the packaging
- BEST SELLING SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Heavy Duty 4452 sewing machine is a true workhorse. The stainless steel bedplate enables smooth fabric flow and the heavy duty interior metal frame ensures skip-free sewing. Top drop-in bobbin is easy to insert, remove and monitor thread supply
- This sewing machine is warranted for use in the US and Canada at 110 volts only
- Amps (0.7) / Watts (84) / Volts (120V) / Hertz (60)
Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW Electric Sewing Machine - 50 Built-In Stitches - Automatic Threading
- Brother Project Runway model delivers couture-level, consistent stitch quality
- 50 stitches – customize in style with built-in clothing, decorative, heirloom and quilting stitches. Free Arm for Sewing Cuffs and Sleeves. Maximum Sewing Speed (Stitches Per Minute)850
- Includes complete designer sewing and finishing solutions, with 6 specialty feet, accompanying stitches, and specialty needles. Enjoy designer features for blind hems, zippers, overcasting edges, sewing on buttons, knits and stretch fabrics, twin needle top stitching, and more
- Professional, elegant buttonholes – 5 one-step buttonholes automatically sized to fit your specific buttons, for truly custom results
- Reliable, easy threading of both top thread and bobbin – for consistent, high quality stitching. Please note: this machine is recommended for use in countries that do not support 120V AC, even if a voltage adapter is in use
First Time Sewing: The Absolute Beginner's Guide
Walking-Foot Straight & Zigzag semi-Industrial Portable Sewing Machine
- Walking Foot portable sewing machine FS288 zig zag leather,sail,vinyl,sumbrella-High lift walking foot with 1/4" clearance underneath the foot
- Special heavy duty motor attached up to 150 watts, 1.5 amps, twice as much as home sewing machines
- Fits regular portable case or cabinets (NOT INCLUDED)
- Maximum zigzag stitch width: 0.2"/Needle bar stroke: 1.334".
- Uses standard upholstery needles: 135x17, size 22, 20, 18, etc.
Janome Purple Thunder Basic, Easy-to-Use, 10-Stitch Portable, Compact Sewing Machine with Free Arm only 5 pounds
- Portable, Compact Sewing Machine Perfect for beginners, alterations and sewing on the go
- 13 Built-In Stitches including straight, zigzag, crescent with two needle positions
- Free Arm, Accessory Storage, Easy Reverse and only five pounds
- Threading Diagrams & Top Drop-In Bobbin with clear cover makes for easy set-up
- Presser Foot with Finger Guard protects little fingers
Janome Memory Craft 6500P Sewing Machine with Exclusive Bonus Bundle
- Bonus Bundle Includes: Rolling Trolley, Convert Free Motion Set, 10 Janome Bobbins
- The Janome 6500 is not your usual home sewing machine. It is a computerized dream machine for every type of sewist - from garments to quilting to home decoration even for professional seamstresses or tailors.
- The Janome MC6500P provides the speed, power, and precision critical for advanced sewing and contains serious features for the serious sewist.
- Sewing speeds of 1,000 stitches per minute mean that your projects get finished quickly, and it's advanced features ensure that they get completed easily.
- The Janome 6500P also includes many features designed especially for the quilter including: a 9" x 5" throat space for working with large quilts, 5 different blanket stitches for applique, a hand-look quilt stitch, an advanced feed mechanism for sewing the thickest of materials, a knee lifter for lifting the presser foot so you can keep both hands on your work, and one of the greatest things every put on a sewing machine, an automatic thread cutter.
Sewing Machine, Portable Mini Multi-Purpose Crafting Mending Machine Household 12 Built-in Stitches & Double Thread for Beginners Blue
- 🧡[Lightweight & Easy to Store] Size: 10.8 x 4.8 x 10.2 inches, lightweight: 5.39 pounds. Small in size, easy to store, designed with a handle. The body has a scale, the double-line sewing is firmer, and the adjustment of the stitch length requires only a toggle button, which is easy to operate and is very suitable for beginners.
- 💛[Multi-Function] The newly upgraded mini sewing machine has a variety of intimate and practical functions: tangential cutter, LED lighting, storage drawer, winding function, upper thread elastic adjustment, reverse stitch function, double switch control; you can easily replace the metal presser foot or sew a button and a buttonhole.
- 💚[Safety and Energy Saving] Made of high-quality environmentally friendly materials, using ultra-durable motor technology, the machine has strong power, low noise, long service life, etc., 6V in-line energy-saving power supply / 4 AA batteries (not included), the electric sewing machine also has an anti-slip mat on the bottom.
- 💙[Practical & Gift] Portable sewing machine supports two different speeds, with 12 built-in stitches to meet your DIY sewing needs: home decoration, crafts, tablecloths, prom dresses, pet clothes, etc., to make your life more colorful . Exquisitely small appearance makes it an ideal gift for who give it to others around the birthday or festivals.
- 💜[After-Sales Guarantee] 15 days return, 30 days for new, 12 months warranty! Customer satisfaction is our most sincere expectation. If you have any questions about our products or have any dissatisfaction with our products, please contact us, we will provide you with a satisfactory solution, including return and exchange or a refund!
Janome Skyline S3 Computerized Sewing Machine with Exclusive Bonus Bundle
- Bonus Kit Includes: Janome rolling trolley, Set of Style J bobbins, 2 packs of Janome Universal needles and 1 pack of Janome Blue Tip needles
- 120 Built-In Stitches, 7 one-step buttonholes with 1 alphabet, Automatic thread cutter, Automatic thread tension control, Built-in Needle Threader, Extra high presser foot lift, Foot pressure adjustment.
- The Skyline S3 has a large 8.25" x 4.7" work space with 4 Ultra-Bright LED lights.
- Bright backlit LCD screen with easy navigation, Superior Plus Feed System (SFS+), Free arm, Drop Feed, and Semi-hard cover included.
- Maximum stitch width: 7mm, Maximum stitch length: 5mm
Portable Handheld Sewing Machine Mini Sewing Machine for Kids Beginners Home Travel Sewing Cordless Small Handy Stitch Sewing Machine Easy Quick Repairs Fabric Leather Denim Canvas
- 👔 SECURE AND BEAUTIFUL DESIGN: The high-quality ABS materials were used for these handheld sewing machines manufacturing. The best handheld sewing machine is ready for use. An invaluable tool when you need a quick repairs and alterations, meeting various sewing requirements in daily life
- 🧤 SUITABLE FOR A LOT OF MATERIALS: The universal small sewing machine portable can be used for jeans, silk and as leather stitching machine. Quilting machines for home use save your money and time
- 👜 PORTABLE SEWING MACHINE HANDHELD: It's a compact, lightweight and practical quick-hitting sew machine. Hand held sewing mechine can be taken for travel with 4 AA batteries.It is a mini sewing machine so it will fit in your bag taking as little space as possible
- 👗 FAMILY USE: Everyone will be pleased to create something modern with this hand held sew machine. Manual sewing machine is great for both beginner or professionals who can make some DIY arts crafts.
- 👖 SIMPLE IN USE: Everyone will cope with this hand held sowing machine mini, just read the manual before start sewing. This hand sewing machine is ideal gift for your friends who are interested in DIY Great Crafts.This easy in use sewing machine for beginners may also be in hand for every member of your family. Hem sewing machine heavy duty will satisfy everyone with its work
Brother XR3340 Advanced Computerized LCD Sewing and Quilting Machine
- Advanced Easy Threading System and Automatic Needle Threader - Extra-Large Black LCD Display
- 140 Unique Built-In Stitches - 55 Alphanumeric Sewing Stitches - Includes 10 Quick-Change Presser Feet
- Get extra control when sewing with the variable speed control, and use the on-board keys to start and stop sewing and position the needle up and down
- A simple lever allows you to drop the feed dogs for free-motion quilting. Create your own designs on quilt tops by using the needle to literally draw designs with thread
- Cord Length: 5 ft. Depth: 8 in. Height: 12.5 in.
Brother Quilting Machine, HC1850 185 Built-in Stitches, LCD Display, 8 Included Sewing Feet
- 185 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The HC1850 includes 130 sewing stitches including 8 styles of auto-size buttonholes, plus 55 alphanumeric sewing stitches
- ADVANCED NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing and quilting machine includes an advanced needle threading function that easily pushes thread through the needle with the press of a lever and a jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: The HC1850 quilting and sewing machine includes a wide table, 8 feet, instructional DVD, manual and more
- LCD SCREEN: Easily select your stitches with the touch of a button and view your selections on the LCD display
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT: The HC1850 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online, live chat or phone for the life of your machine
My Interview with the Motions (Band)
The Motions are a pop-punk band hailing from Plymouth, Massachusetts. Here we discuss the band’s name, cover songs, drum machines and the future of the band.
The Motions are a pop-punk band hailing from Plymouth, Massachusetts. Here we discuss the band's name, cover songs, drum machines and the future of the band.
Who is The Motions?
Andy plays guitar, Jeremy is vocals and guitar, and Bobby is vocals and bass.
How did the band form, and how did you come up with the band name?
Me (Jeremy) and Andy were left over from a band called Aurora. And Bobby and I had talked about doing something for a long time and did a few open mics playing covers. Me and Andy decided to use a drum machine instead of finding a drummer, and once we had a couple songs we decided to bring in Bobby to play bass. The name we stole from a New Found Glory song called "Catalyst."
I hear you use a drum machine...what's the story behind that? If you found the right drummer, would you ditch the machine?
Aurora was never able to keep a drummer. Most drummers we know are divas. So when my friend gave me the software we use for the drum machine we started using it to write songs, and it sounded good enough to try it live. Once we used it live it was a hit. So we committed to it. I (Jeremy) would give up the drum machine in a minute for the right drummer. It is way less work for me since I program the drums. However, Andy wouldn't choose to give up the drum machine.
Who/what are your influences, musical or otherwise?
The Movie Life, the Starting Line, New Found Glory, Less than Jake, Mest, Lagwagon, Goldfinger, Atom and his Package, Punchline, Patent Pending, Michael Jackson, almost every Motown group and a lot of pop singers.
What was it like performing alongside Patent Pending at The Middle East on December 29th?
Awesome!!! Highlight of my year and our career so far. We made a bunch of new friends and fans and had a really great time. Bobby was on a cloud for like a week after.
If you could time travel, what band/musician would you choose to play with and/or collaborate with?
Chuck Berry in his prime. Frank Valli in his prime. The Outfield…
Can you describe your songwriting process?
I (Jeremy) write most of the music. I'll rough track it and send it to Andy and Bobby, and they'll start thinking of lyrics and harmonies. Then we all get together and hammer it out…Sometimes it is different. Andy and I wrote "A Study of the Human Condition" by sitting in two different rooms and listening to it and writing down our own harmonies and lyrics, then mashing them together.
You guys cover "Call Me Maybe"...why that song? What other cover songs do you do?
There were so many covers of it on YouTube, and we thought we could do it better. It was such a big song of 2020 that we could play it and people in the crowd would get involved and excited. We also do a TV medley made up of theme songs. Also Paula Abdul's "Straight Up" and Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)."
Are you working on anything currently music-wise? What's in the future for the Motions?
We are currently writing an EP which should be out in early February. And a cover EP called Cover Me Maybe which should be available before that. Other than that, just weekend tours of the east coast.