12 Best Mechanical Sewing Machine For Quilting
Updated on: May 2023
Best Mechanical Sewing Machine For Quilting in 2023
EverSewn Sparrow 15 â€“ 32 Stitch Mechanical Sewing Machine with Quilting Bundle
Brother Sewing and Quilting Machine, CS6000i, 60 Built-In Stitches, 7 styles of 1-Step Auto-Size Buttonholes, Wide Table, Hard Cover, LCD Display and Auto Needle Threader
- Included Components: Carrying Case/Cover
- Voltage: 110
EverSewn Sparrow 20 â€“ 80 Stitch Mechanical Sewing Machine with Quilting Bundle
- The EverSewn Sparrow 20 is a computerized model for ambitious sewers.
- The stitch package includes 80 stitches with a generous maximum stitch width of 7 mm and 15 needle positions.
- The practical start/stop function lets you control the stitching process without using the foot pedal. The needle position up/down function allows you to specify the needle position at end of a row of stitching.
- Sewing Bundle Includes: Black Sewing Machine Tote and the EverSewn Sewing Quilting Bundle
Brother XR3774 Full-Featured Quilting Machine with 37 Stitches, 8 Sewing Feet, Wide Table, and Instructional DVD, 8 Included Sewing Feet, Red, 8 Included Sewing Feet
- Easy-to-use, value-packed and versatile, perfect for a wide range of everyday sewing projects
- Least expensive Brother sewing machine that Includes a wide table for large scale projects such as quilts
- 37 unique built-in stitches, including a great selection of decorative stitches (74 total stitch functions), and a one-step auto-size buttonholer for virtually perfect buttonholes
- Includes 8 sewing feet, with buttonhole, zipper, zigzag, blind stitch, button sewing, narrow hemmer, walking and quilting feet. Maximum Sewing Speed (Stitches Per Minute): 800
- Ease of use features include built-in needle threader, jam-resistant top drop-in bobbin and brightly lit LED work area
Brother ST371HD Strong and Tough Sewing Machine with 37 Stitches
- Included Components: Instructional DVD?Bilingual user manual?6 Sewing feet?Accessories
- Voltage: 110
Brother XM2701 Lightweight Sewing Machine, White
- 27 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The XM2701 includes 27 built-in stitches including decorative, blind hem, zigzag, and stretch stitches and an auto-size buttonhole
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: The XM2701 comes with 6 sewing feet, 3-piece needle set, twin needle, 4 bobbins, instructional DVD, manual and more
- VERSATILE FREE ARM: This free arm sewing machine is perfect for a wide range of everyday sewing projects, and users from beginners to advanced
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT The XM2701 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online live chat or phone for the life of your machine
Janome 2212 Sewing Machine
- Easy turn dial pattern selection
- 12 built-in stitches including a four-step buttonhole
- Stitch width adjustment and length adjustment ensures ease of use
- Drop feed for free motion sewing and quilting
- 110-volt machine, for use in US only
Janome Arctic Crystal Easy-to-Use Sewing Machine with Interior Metal Frame, Bobbin Diagram, Tutorial Videos, Made with Beginners in Mind!
- Overview Features: 15 Built-In Stitches, 4-Step Buttonhole, Front-Loading Bobbin System, Heavy Duty Interior Metal Frame
- Customizable Features: Adjustable Stitch Length & ZigZag Width, Reverse Lever, Darning Plate
- Convenience Features: 3-Piece Feed Dog System, Removable Free Arm, Dual Retractable Spool Pins
- Easy to Use: Tutorial Videos, Built-In Bobbin Diagram, Quick Start Guide Included
- Included: 4 Presser Feet, Beginner Accessories, easy-to-follow Instructional Manual, 25-Year Limited Warranty
SINGER | Heavy Duty 4423 Sewing Machine with 23 Built-In Stitches -12 Decorative Stitches, 60% Stronger Motor & Automatic Needle Threader, Perfect for Sewing all Types of Fabrics with Ease
- SINGER HEAVY DUTY SEWING MACHINE: The 23 built-in stitches including basic, stretch, decorative, and buttonhole stitches allow you to sew a variety of projects, such as fashions, home décor, quilts, crafts, and more
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER SEWING MACHINE: After following the threading path printed right on the machine, this built-in feature helps you to effortlessly thread the eye of the needle without eye strain or frustration
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE:The Singer 4423 Sewing Machine has a maximum sewing speed of 1, 100 stitches-per-minute, so projects can be sewn quickly. The 60% Stronger Motor provides greater piercing power for thick seams
- HEAVY DUTY METAL FRAME: The Singer 4423 heavy duty sewing machine is a true workhorse. With a heavy-duty metal interior frame, stainless steel bedframe, extra-high sewing speed and powerful motor, this sewing machine can sew through a variety of heavy weight fabrics and provides long lasting stability
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories are included with All-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, seam ripper/lint brush, quilting guide, needles, bobbins, screwdriver, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt are all conveniently located and stored in the accessory tray. A soft-sided dust cover is also included in the packaging
- WARRANTY: SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Portable Sewing Machine has 25 Year Limited Warranty. Note : Refer to the Videos and also the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for Manuals.
Bernette 35 Swiss Design Sewing Machine
- The inexpensive sewing machine for beginners which includes 23 stitches and 7 presser feet.
- The bernette 35 is a mechanical sewing machine with no computerized controls.
- The width, length and pattern of stitches are easily set by turning the three knobs. Tension can be adjusted during sewing by using an easily accessible wheel. The bernette 35 has an automatic one step buttonhole function which is quick and easy to use.
- Automatic buttonhole allows you to sew professional buttonholes quickly and easily.
Brother Quilting Machine, RSQ9185 (Refurbished) 185 Built-in Stitches, LCD Display, Wide Table, 11 Included Sewing Feet
- 185 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The RSQ9185 comes with 130 built-in stitches including 8 styles of auto-size buttonholes, plus 55 alphanumeric stitches
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing and quilting machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: Included with the RSQ9185 is a wide table, 10 sewing feet, instructional DVD and more
- LCD SCREEN: The backlit LCD display allows you to easily view your stitch selections
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT: The RSQ9185 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online, live chat or phone for the life of your machine
Janome 2030QDC-B Computerized Quilting and Sewing Machine with Bonus Quilt Kit
- The Janome New Home 2030QDC-B showcases the amazing quality you associate with Janome heritage.
- It contains a variety of features normally found only on more expensive models, including 7mm stitch width, LCD display with easy navigation, and a one-hand needle threader.
- The machine offers 30 built-in stitches and 3 one-step buttonholes. Easy convenience features include a start/stop button, speed control slider, auto lock button, memorized needle up/down, and easy reverse. It is lightweight for easy portability at just 12 pounds.
- BONUS: Quilting kit and extension table
Five Tips on How to Choose the Right Sewing Machine
A sewing expert shares her checklist of 5 tips on buying a machine that is right for you
There are many factors to take into consideration before you purchase your first sewing machine. Many things will factor into the purchase and you should think carefully before you buy. I have eight sewing machines at present and use each for a different type of sewing. But I still remember my first sewing machine purchase. It was a highlight and I chose well, but only because I put a lot of thought into it beforehand.
Here are the five things you should consider before you buy a sewing machine
I used to sell an inexpensive line of sewing machines on a television home shopping program. My job was to highlight the features to people at home in a short time span so that they would want to purchase one. I was surprised and delighted to find that some of these machines had features similar to my expensive top-of-the line machines and performed very well. I used the machines exclusively while I sold them so that I would be prepared to answer questions. I became a believer that expensive is not always better and that you can get value for less money by doing your homework. I especially liked a model that not only did decent buttonholes but also had an automatic threader. I found the same things to be true with sergers.
So, in summary, decide which features are most important to you. Don't think you need the best machine available but do check out features on the more expensive machines you want and see which less expensive model offers them. It is easy today to get a machine that will allow you hours of enjoyment for around $100, although you could just as easily spend $6,000 for one with all the bells and whistles. The choice is up to you!