Best Computerized Sewing Machines in 2022
SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine with 600-Stitches Electronic Auto Pilot Mode, Extension Table and Bonus Accessories, Perfect for Customizing Projects
Brother Sewing and Quilting Machine, CS6000i, 60 Built-In Stitches, 7 styles of 1-Step Auto-Size Buttonholes, Wide Table, Hard Cover, LCD Display and Auto Needle Threader
- Included Components: Carrying Case/Cover
- Voltage: 110
Brother, Computerized Sewing Machine, XR9550PRW, Project Runway Limited Edition, 110 Built-in Utility, LCD Screen, Hard Case, 8 Included Feet, White
- LARGE LCD SCREEN: The Brother XR9550PRW computerized sewing machine is easy to navigate thanks to its large backlit LCD screen
- 110 BUILT-IN STITCHES: The Project Runway Limited Edition computerized sewing machine includes 110 utility, decorative and heirloom stitches
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: With a simple touch of a lever, the advanced easy needle threader pushes your thread right through the eye
- 8 ONE-STEP AUTO-SIZE BUTTONHOLE STYLES: Choose from 8 styles of one-step, auto-size buttonholes for virtually perfect buttonholes
- HARD CASE WITH WIDE TABLE: The Brother XR9550PRW Project Runway Limited Edition sewing machine comes with a hard case and a wide table
Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW Electric Sewing Machine - 50 Built-In Stitches - Automatic Threading
- Brother Project Runway model delivers couture-level, consistent stitch quality
- 50 stitches – customize in style with built-in clothing, decorative, heirloom and quilting stitches. Free Arm for Sewing Cuffs and Sleeves. Maximum Sewing Speed (Stitches Per Minute)850
- Includes complete designer sewing and finishing solutions, with 6 specialty feet, accompanying stitches, and specialty needles. Enjoy designer features for blind hems, zippers, overcasting edges, sewing on buttons, knits and stretch fabrics, twin needle top stitching, and more
- Professional, elegant buttonholes – 5 one-step buttonholes automatically sized to fit your specific buttons, for truly custom results
- Reliable, easy threading of both top thread and bobbin – for consistent, high quality stitching. Please note: this machine is recommended for use in countries that do not support 120V AC, even if a voltage adapter is in use
Brother, SE600, Computerized Machine with 4" x 4" Area, 80 Embroidery Designs, 103 Built-In Sewing Stitches, White, 3.2" LCD Touchscreen Display, 7 Included Feet
- LARGE COLOR TOUCHSCREEN: The Brother SE-600 computerized sewing and embroidery machine includes a 3.2" x 1.8" touchscreen display
- 4” X 4” EMBROIDERY FIELD: This computerized combination machine is built with a 4” x 4” embroidery field with an included hoop, embroidery arm, and foot.
- ENHANCED EMBROIDERY FEATURES: The advanced features include change and preview thread colors, move designs on screen, and place lettering on arcs.
- CUSTOM EMBROIDERY IMPORTS: The technology in the SE600 allows you to import your own . pes embroidery design files using the built-in USB port.
- 103 BUILT-IN SEWING STITCHES: The SE600 computerized combination machine comes with 103 built-in sewing stitches, including auto-sized buttonholes.
Brother Quilting Machine, RSQ9185 (Refurbished) 185 Built-in Stitches, LCD Display, Wide Table, 11 Included Sewing Feet
- 185 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The RSQ9185 comes with 130 built-in stitches including 8 styles of auto-size buttonholes, plus 55 alphanumeric stitches
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing and quilting machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: Included with the RSQ9185 is a wide table, 10 sewing feet, instructional DVD and more
- LCD SCREEN: The backlit LCD display allows you to easily view your stitch selections
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT: The RSQ9185 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online, live chat or phone for the life of your machine
Brother Quilting Machine, HC1850 185 Built-in Stitches, LCD Display, 8 Included Sewing Feet
- 185 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The HC1850 includes 130 sewing stitches including 8 styles of auto-size buttonholes, plus 55 alphanumeric sewing stitches
- ADVANCED NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing and quilting machine includes an advanced needle threading function that easily pushes thread through the needle with the press of a lever and a jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: The HC1850 quilting and sewing machine includes a wide table, 8 feet, instructional DVD, manual and more
- LCD SCREEN: Easily select your stitches with the touch of a button and view your selections on the LCD display
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT: The HC1850 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online, live chat or phone for the life of your machine
Janome 3160QDC Computerized Sewing Machine w/Hard Cover + Extension Table + Quilt Kit + 1/4 Seam Foot w/Guide + Overedge Foot + Zig Zag Foot + Zipper Foot + Buttonhole Foot + Needles + More!
- - 60 Built-In Sewing Stitches and 6 Built-In Buttonholes - Built-In Automatic Needle Threader - No More Eye Strain! Simply Pull Down the Needle Threader, Place Your Thread in the Hook and Pull Back / Easy to Use Control Panel with LCD Panel - The Easy-to-Use Control Panel makes Sewing a Cinch
- - Jam Proof Easy-Set Top-Loading Bobbin System - It's Easy To Change Your Bobbin. Simply Follow the Track and the Machine will Automatically Bring the Bobbin Thread Up For You. There is No Need to Worry About Running Off the Edge of Your Project Because the Bobbin System is Jam-Proof
- - Handy Function Buttons - The Thread Cutter Button will Cut Both the Top and Bottom Thread with the Touch of a Button. The Reverse Stitch Button will Have Your Machine Sew in Reverse for Reinforced Stitching. The Lock Stitch Button Finishes the Stitch You are Sewing so You Don’t End Up with Half a Stitch Pattern. The Needle Up/Down Button will Bring the Needle Up or Down with the Touch of a Button and the Start/Stop Button will Start the Machine without the Need for a Foot Control!
- - Comes With an Incredible Amount of Accessories - Hard Cover, Extension Table, Open-Toe Even Feed Foot, Open-Toe Darning Foot, Zig-Zag “A” Sewing Foot, Overedge "C" Sewing Foot, Zipper “E” Sewing Foot, Satin Stitch “F” Sewing Foot, Blind Hem “G” Sewing Foot
- - Also Comes With - 1/4” Seam “O” Sewing Foot with Guide, Zig-Zag “F2” Sewing Foot, Automatic Buttonhole “R” Sewing Foot, Assorted Needle Set, Spool Holder (Large), Spool Holder (Small), Extra Spool Pin, Bobbins, Screwdriver, Lint Brush, Seam Ripper, and an Instruction Book
Janome JW8100 Fully-Featured Computerized Sewing Machine with 100 Stitches, 7 Buttonholes, Hard Cover, Extension Table and 22 Accessories
- Computerized Sewing Machine with Easy Threading, Top Drop-In Bobbin and 7-Piece Feed Dog System
- 100 Built-In Stitches, 7 Auto Buttonhole Styles, Memorized Needle Up/Down, Interior Metal Frame
- Convenience Features like Start/Stop Button, Speed Control Slider, Locking Stitch Button, Reverse Lever
- Free Arm with Accessory Storage, Memory Function, Adjustable Thread Tension
- Bonus Accessories: Extra-Wide Extension Table, Hard-Sided Dust Cover, Even Feed Foot, Quarter Inch Foot
Brother XR3340 Advanced Computerized LCD Sewing and Quilting Machine
- Advanced Easy Threading System and Automatic Needle Threader - Extra-Large Black LCD Display
- 140 Unique Built-In Stitches - 55 Alphanumeric Sewing Stitches - Includes 10 Quick-Change Presser Feet
- Get extra control when sewing with the variable speed control, and use the on-board keys to start and stop sewing and position the needle up and down
- A simple lever allows you to drop the feed dogs for free-motion quilting. Create your own designs on quilt tops by using the needle to literally draw designs with thread
- Cord Length: 5 ft. Depth: 8 in. Height: 12.5 in.
Brother XM2701 Lightweight Sewing Machine, White
- 27 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The XM2701 includes 27 built-in stitches including decorative, blind hem, zigzag, and stretch stitches and an auto-size buttonhole
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: The XM2701 comes with 6 sewing feet, 3-piece needle set, twin needle, 4 bobbins, instructional DVD, manual and more
- VERSATILE FREE ARM: This free arm sewing machine is perfect for a wide range of everyday sewing projects, and users from beginners to advanced
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT The XM2701 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online live chat or phone for the life of your machine
Brother Machine, SE1900, 138 Designs 240 Built Stitches, Computerized Embroidery Embroidery, 5" x 7" Embroidery Area, 3.2" LCD Touchscreen Display, 8 Included Sewing Feet
- 138 BUILT-IN DESIGNS: The SE1900 comes with 138 built-in designs and 11 embroidery fonts perfect for monogramming
- ADVANCED NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing and quilting combo machine includes an advanced needle threading function that easily pushes thread through the needle with the press of a lever and a jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- 240 BUILT-IN SEWING STITCHES: The SE1900 features 240 built-in sewing stitches including 10 styles of auto-size buttonholes
- LARGE COLOR TOUCHSCREEN: Preview your designs and browse editing options on the large full color, 3.2" inch LCD touchscreen display
- 5" X 7" EMBROIDERY FIELD: This Brother combo embroidery and sewing machine is built with a 5" x 7" embroidery field for larger designs with an included hoop and 8 sewing feet
Cheap and Easy No Sew Halloween Costumes
8 no sew Halloween costume ideas that won't break that bank or require you to get out the sewing machine.
Yeah, I know, how predictable. But it's EASY to do! Take an old sheet from your closet. Now, drape it over your child so it completely covers them. Find an old scarf and tie it around their neck like you were dressing them up to go play in the snow. Take a permanent marker and draw the location of the child's eyes. Next, draw a line around the entire sheet about six inches from the ground. Take the sheet off the child and cut out the holes for the eyes, then cut along the line at the bottom. Presto! You now have a ghost costume that took you all of 10 minutes to make.
2. Construction Worker
So the ghost thing just wasn't for you, huh? Well how about a construction worker? You will need a hard hat and small reflective vest like the ones you see the sign holders wear when you pass road construction. You will also need a pair of jeans (faded and holey if possible), work boots, and a flannel shirt. These should all be somewhat oversized for the child. Now dress the child in the jeans, shirt, vest, and work boots. Try to keep the boots loose fitting without causing the child to trip in them. Add the hard hat and some smudges of black face paint to give the appearance of dirt and you're done!
If you don't want to fix roads, how about fixing people? Find or purchase a white lab coat, a fake (or real) stethoscope, and a pair of glasses. Now dress your child in the lab coat. Apply a professional looking name tag that says Dr. ________, drape the stethoscope around their neck, and your almost done. Apply some gender specific face makeup, add a beard or hairpin, put on the glasses, and introduce yourself to the cheapest doctor you are ever going to meet!
If you're looking for something goofier, how about this: Find a box about half the height of your child and 2 or 3 times their width. Seal the bottom closed if it isn't already. Cut the two side flaps and front flap off the top. Box tape the front flap to the center edge of the back flap. This will serve as the lid of the costume. Now cut a hole that your child can fit through in the bottom. Paint it a bright color of your choice. Find a pair of suspenders and attach them to the front and back edges of the box top. The front should just clip on. The back will have to be taped, or slits in the box seem can be made to attach the suspenders. Now, dress your child in bright colored clothes and put on one of those jester hats that you see at the carnivals. Put on some white face paint and you're done.
This one is easy. Wrap your kid in yellow party streamer like a mummy, make a cone hat out of paper that resembles a pencil point, write "No. 2" on the front of the child and add yellow face paint. Just don't try to write with it!
6. Dancing Mexican
If you want to add a little cultural diversity to your night try this. Find a Mexican vest, a sombrero, and some brown snow boots. Put them on your child along with some brown pants. Add a fake Mexican mustache and you'll be ready to go to a fiesta, and then take a siesta...
Of course we couldn't pass up this traditional costume! It's simple enough, if not a little over used. You will need a cowboy hat, cowboy boots, flannel shirt, jeans, a belt with a BIG buckle, and a coil of rope. I'll leave it to you to imagine how to apply them.
Golfers are always so unmistakable! Gather up a pair of light colored slacks, a polo shirt, a sleeveless pullover sweater, and one of those flat-topped hats that are pinched down in the front. Add to this a pair of nice white dress shoes and a putter of some sort (buy a cheap one at the dollar store) and you're set.
Hopefully these ideas will not only show you that it is possible to put together nice Halloween costumes without sewing or spending a mint, but also inspire you to create your own cool costumes. Just don't let the kids (or you) eat too much candy! Enjoy.