Best Computerized Sewing Machine in 2021
Brother Sewing and Quilting Machine, CS6000i, 60 Built-In Stitches, 7 styles of 1-Step Auto-Size Buttonholes, Wide Table, Hard Cover, LCD Display and Auto Needle Threader
Brother, Computerized Sewing Machine, XR9550PRW, Project Runway Limited Edition, 110 Built-in Utility, LCD Screen, Hard Case, 8 Included Feet, White
- LARGE LCD SCREEN: The Brother XR9550PRW computerized sewing machine is easy to navigate thanks to its large backlit LCD screen
- 110 BUILT-IN STITCHES: The Project Runway Limited Edition computerized sewing machine includes 110 utility, decorative and heirloom stitches
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: With a simple touch of a lever, the advanced easy needle threader pushes your thread right through the eye
- 8 ONE-STEP AUTO-SIZE BUTTONHOLE STYLES: Choose from 8 styles of one-step, auto-size buttonholes for virtually perfect buttonholes
- HARD CASE WITH WIDE TABLE: The Brother XR9550PRW Project Runway Limited Edition sewing machine comes with a hard case and a wide table
Brother, SE600, Computerized Machine with 4" x 4" Area, 80 Embroidery Designs, 103 Built-In Sewing Stitches, White, 3.2" LCD Touchscreen Display, 7 Included Feet
- LARGE COLOR TOUCHSCREEN: The Brother SE-600 computerized sewing and embroidery machine includes a 3.2" x 1.8" touchscreen display
- 4” X 4” EMBROIDERY FIELD: This computerized combination machine is built with a 4” x 4” embroidery field with an included hoop, embroidery arm, and foot.
- ENHANCED EMBROIDERY FEATURES: The advanced features include change and preview thread colors, move designs on screen, and place lettering on arcs.
- CUSTOM EMBROIDERY IMPORTS: The technology in the SE600 allows you to import your own . pes embroidery design files using the built-in USB port.
- 103 BUILT-IN SEWING STITCHES: The SE600 computerized combination machine comes with 103 built-in sewing stitches, including auto-sized buttonholes.
SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine with 600-Stitches Electronic Auto Pilot Mode, Extension Table and Bonus Accessories, Perfect for Customizing Projects
- SINGER COMPUTERIZED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 portable sewing machine has loads of ease-of-use features to allow you to fulfill your creative dreams Has a large selection of stitches including basic, stretch and decorative stitches for fashion sewing, quilting, home decor and crafting There’s even a selection of fonts to personalize projects
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to the needle’s eye, in seconds The built-in needle threader threads the eye of the needle for you, eliminating eye strain and frustration
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has 600 Built-In Stitches including 5 Alphanumeric Fonts and 13 built-in 1-Step Buttonholes with Exclusive Buttonhole Underplate It also has Mirror Imaging and Stitch Elongation providing even more creative possibilities
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has a maximum sewing speed of 850 stitches-per-minute, projects can be sewn quickly
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of presser feet are included with the sewing machine: All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot with Underplate, Button Sewing Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Open Toe Foot, Overcasting Foot, Darning and Embroidery Foot, Rolled Hem Foot, Cording Foot, Straight Stitch/Quilting Foot, Even Feed / Walking Foot 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only
Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW Electric Sewing Machine - 50 Built-In Stitches - Automatic Threading
- Brother Project Runway model delivers couture-level, consistent stitch quality
- 50 stitches – customize in style with built-in clothing, decorative, heirloom and quilting stitches. Free Arm for Sewing Cuffs and Sleeves. Maximum Sewing Speed (Stitches Per Minute)850
- Includes complete designer sewing and finishing solutions, with 6 specialty feet, accompanying stitches, and specialty needles. Enjoy designer features for blind hems, zippers, overcasting edges, sewing on buttons, knits and stretch fabrics, twin needle top stitching, and more
- Professional, elegant buttonholes – 5 one-step buttonholes automatically sized to fit your specific buttons, for truly custom results
- Reliable, easy threading of both top thread and bobbin – for consistent, high quality stitching. Please note: this machine is recommended for use in countries that do not support 120V AC, even if a voltage adapter is in use
Brother Quilting Machine, RSQ9185 (Refurbished) 185 Built-in Stitches, LCD Display, Wide Table, 11 Included Sewing Feet
- 185 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The RSQ9185 comes with 130 built-in stitches including 8 styles of auto-size buttonholes, plus 55 alphanumeric stitches
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing and quilting machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: Included with the RSQ9185 is a wide table, 10 sewing feet, instructional DVD and more
- LCD SCREEN: The backlit LCD display allows you to easily view your stitch selections
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT: The RSQ9185 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online, live chat or phone for the life of your machine
Brother Quilting Machine, HC1850 185 Built-in Stitches, LCD Display, 8 Included Sewing Feet
- 185 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The HC1850 includes 130 sewing stitches including 8 styles of auto-size buttonholes, plus 55 alphanumeric sewing stitches
- ADVANCED NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing and quilting machine includes an advanced needle threading function that easily pushes thread through the needle with the press of a lever and a jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: The HC1850 quilting and sewing machine includes a wide table, 8 feet, instructional DVD, manual and more
- LCD SCREEN: Easily select your stitches with the touch of a button and view your selections on the LCD display
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT: The HC1850 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online, live chat or phone for the life of your machine
Bernette 38 Swiss Design Computerized Sewing Machine with Bonus Bundle
- This is the affordable top model in the bernette series of sewing machines, with includes a wide range of functions
- The bernette 38 is the top model in the bernette series. This computerized sewing machine offers a wide range of functions at an affordable price.
- It offers 394 different stitches, including the stretch stitch for elastic fabrics. The bernette 38 also has eight different one step buttonholes and three alphabets.
- The bernette 38 has a useful speed regulator which can be adjusted right on the display.
- Bonus Bundle Includes: Bernette Rolling Trolley, Bernette 10 Piece Presser Foot Set, 10 Clear Bobbins and 20 Needles
Janome 3160QDC Computerized Sewing Machine w/Hard Cover + Extension Table + Quilt Kit + 1/4 Seam Foot w/Guide + Overedge Foot + Zig Zag Foot + Zipper Foot + Buttonhole Foot + Needles + More!
- - 60 Built-In Sewing Stitches and 6 Built-In Buttonholes - Built-In Automatic Needle Threader - No More Eye Strain! Simply Pull Down the Needle Threader, Place Your Thread in the Hook and Pull Back / Easy to Use Control Panel with LCD Panel - The Easy-to-Use Control Panel makes Sewing a Cinch
- - Jam Proof Easy-Set Top-Loading Bobbin System - It's Easy To Change Your Bobbin. Simply Follow the Track and the Machine will Automatically Bring the Bobbin Thread Up For You. There is No Need to Worry About Running Off the Edge of Your Project Because the Bobbin System is Jam-Proof
- - Handy Function Buttons - The Thread Cutter Button will Cut Both the Top and Bottom Thread with the Touch of a Button. The Reverse Stitch Button will Have Your Machine Sew in Reverse for Reinforced Stitching. The Lock Stitch Button Finishes the Stitch You are Sewing so You Don’t End Up with Half a Stitch Pattern. The Needle Up/Down Button will Bring the Needle Up or Down with the Touch of a Button and the Start/Stop Button will Start the Machine without the Need for a Foot Control!
- - Comes With an Incredible Amount of Accessories - Hard Cover, Extension Table, Open-Toe Even Feed Foot, Open-Toe Darning Foot, Zig-Zag “A” Sewing Foot, Overedge "C" Sewing Foot, Zipper “E” Sewing Foot, Satin Stitch “F” Sewing Foot, Blind Hem “G” Sewing Foot
- - Also Comes With - 1/4” Seam “O” Sewing Foot with Guide, Zig-Zag “F2” Sewing Foot, Automatic Buttonhole “R” Sewing Foot, Assorted Needle Set, Spool Holder (Large), Spool Holder (Small), Extra Spool Pin, Bobbins, Screwdriver, Lint Brush, Seam Ripper, and an Instruction Book
Singer 7258 100-Stitch Computerized 76 Decorative Stitches, Automatic Needle Threader and Bonus Accessories, Packed with Features and Easy Sewing Machine
- PUSH BUTTON STITCH SELECTION: The SINGER Stylist 7258 sewing machine allows you to select the desired stitch with just a simple push of a button. Optimum settings for length, width and tension are set automatically and are customizable with adjustable stitch length and stitch width. Volts : 120V. Amps : 0.62. Watts-74
- WARRANTY: SINGER Stylist 7258 Sewing Machine has 25 Year Limited Warranty , 60 Hertz
- This sewing machine is warranted for use in the US and Canada at 110 volts only
Janome JW8100 Fully-Featured Computerized Sewing Machine with 100 Stitches, 7 Buttonholes, Hard Cover, Extension Table and 22 Accessories
- Computerized Sewing Machine with Easy Threading, Top Drop-In Bobbin and 7-Piece Feed Dog System
- 100 Built-In Stitches, 7 Auto Buttonhole Styles, Memorized Needle Up/Down, Interior Metal Frame
- Convenience Features like Start/Stop Button, Speed Control Slider, Locking Stitch Button, Reverse Lever
- Free Arm with Accessory Storage, Memory Function, Adjustable Thread Tension
- Bonus Accessories: Extra-Wide Extension Table, Hard-Sided Dust Cover, Even Feed Foot, Quarter Inch Foot
Brother XM2701 Lightweight Sewing Machine, White
- 27 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The XM2701 includes 27 built-in stitches including decorative, blind hem, zigzag, and stretch stitches and an auto-size buttonhole
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER AND DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: The XM2701 comes with 6 sewing feet, 3-piece needle set, twin needle, 4 bobbins, instructional DVD, manual and more
- VERSATILE FREE ARM: This free arm sewing machine is perfect for a wide range of everyday sewing projects, and users from beginners to advanced
- AT YOUR SIDE SUPPORT The XM2701 comes with Brother At Your Side support offering free technical support via online live chat or phone for the life of your machine
10 Creative No Sew Halloween Costumes for Kids
Creating an original and creative Halloween costume does not have to involve countless frustrating hours behind a sewing machine.
First, from a large box that will fit around your child's body you will need to cut armholes from the sides, a hole for the head from the bottom, and remove the flaps from the top of the box. From a smaller box that will fit over the child's head, cut a large circle in the side for a face hole. Next, wrap the outside of the boxes in aluminum foil wrapping the foil into the holes. Now comes the fun part. Cover the outside of the box with plastic cups for buttons, construction paper for panels, or even random wires for "parts". You can add aluminum foil tubes or pipe cleaners to the top of the head for an antenna. Let your imagination go wild and create the craziest robot you can think of. When it comes time to wear, wrap the child's arms and legs in foil and use a safe face paint to paint their face silver.
Using the same idea as the robot costume, after cutting the holes in a large body sized box, paint the entire box whatever color Lego your child wants to me. Using plastic cups in the same color, or paint some white or clear ones, evenly space the cups over the front, back, and sides of the costume. Your child can then wear coordinating clothing under the box.
I'm in the Shower!
Your child will be sure to get some laughs with this costume. You will need to find a light weight tubing or piping that has some structure to it. PVC pipe works great for this. You will need enough straight piping to go from your child's waist to about six inches above his head. You will also need an angled piece for the shower head. Assemble the piping using special PVC glue that can be purchased at the same hardware store as the piping. You will need to let this dry. While it is drying you can get your shower curtain ready. Form a few wire coat hangers into a large circle. Leave an opening in the circle to wrap around the PVC pipe. It should be large enough to let the shower curtain hang a good 12 inches or more away from his face. Next, thread a cheap shower curtain liner onto the wire and attach the wire to pipe by wrapping it. Cut some long strips from a roll of light blue crepe paper roll, ribbon, or tissue paper and glue them to a cone of white paper. Attach the paper shower head to the angled pipe. You can also tape some small white balloons to the shower curtain to look like bubbles. To finish the look take an old towel to wrap around the child's waist, another towel to hang over his shoulders (with clothing underneath of course), and a shower cap on his head. He can also carry a back scrubber for more laughs.
Cut a large hole in the bottom of a clear trash bag so that it rests on your child's shoulders and away from her face. Then slash very small slits about 3 inches in from the top and every couple of inches around the bag all the way around. Take a long strip of ribbon and weave it through the slashes and leave long tails to later cinch the bag. Fit the bag over your child fill it with colorful blown up balloons. Once you have enough balloons, cinch the bag closed around your child's waist. You can also decorate a sheet of paper with the words "Jelly Beans" for the front of the bag and even an ingredients list for the back.
Grab some brown pants, a green sweat shirt, and a bunch of branches and leaves from the backyard or the craft store. You can use a hot glue gun or tacky glue to glue branches and leaves to the shirt. You can also fashion a fun hair or head piece from leaves too.
With some brown wrapping paper (like the kind you use to wrap a package for mailing) and either glue or tape, create a large, bottomless, paper bag that can fit over your child's shoulders. Cut out a zig zag shape or use pinking shears across the top of the bag. Add two pieces of string to hold the bag up on his shoulders. Using construction paper cut out food shapes that can be taped or glued to the inside of the paper bag to look as if they are sticking out of the top. For an added touch, you can create a logo on the front for your local grocery store, the store in your favorite TV show, or even just a made up store.
You will need to find or purchase some old, cheap t-shirts that you don't mind throwing away after Halloween. You can also use old pieces of jersey. Take a shirt that is just a bit too large for your child and slash the living heck out of it in every direction. It should look very tattered and torn. Take the extra t-shirts or pieces of jersey and tear them into strips. Tie the strips to the slashes in the shirt and let them hand. Rub some light brown and grey ink, or use tea to die the fabric, to give it more of a "just crawled out of the ground" look. You can also use a lighter to burn some small holes in the fabric. Next, grab a pair of jeans that have holes in the knees already and dirty them up and put a few slashes in them. Then, for a gruesome touch, dab some red ink to look like blood on the clothes and glue on some gummy worms. Some well done white and black makeup and teased hair will complete the look. If your child is going to a costume party, be sure to grab a brain shaped Jell-O or cake mold at the party or craft store and send him with a wiggly, green, Jell-O brain. Add some raspberry sauce for some extra gross factor.
Every ballerina needs a beautiful tutu. Measure your child's waist and add forty inches. This is how many inches of a thick satin ribbon you will need. Measure twenty inches from each end of the ribbon and make a knot. You will then need about four yards of tulle for a toddler size, and about six yards for a larger child. You can do all one color or a combination of colors. Starting with the folded edge, roll the cut of tulle into a tube. Then you will cut approximately every 3 inches. Unroll the little tubes and for a shorter tutu cut them in half on the folded edge. Take each strip and use a slip knot to attach the tulle strip to the ribbon between the knots. When the ribbon is full you can tie the tutu to your little girl and admire your handy work. Top the look off with a leotard from your local Target, Wal-Mart, or dance store and some tights.
Make a tutu as described for the ballerina costume. You will need approximately one extra yard of tulle, a package of ¼ inch wide elastic, and either a roll of sturdy craft wire or two wire coat hangers. Shape the wire or coat hangers into large, round wing shapes, but do not close the wing. You will want about an inch of wire protruding from the inside curve. Stretch a piece of tulle over each wing and secure it temporarily with a rubber band. Lay the two wings next to each other and use the electrical tape to tape the tulle and wire together. Next, cut the elastic into two pieces that are long enough to comfortably hold the wings at shoulder height on your child's back. Secure the elastic with glue directly to the tulle. Now comes the fun part. Decorate the tulle with glitter glue and paint.
Make a tutu and a pair of wings as described for the fairy costume. Decorate your wing with the same markings as your favorite butterfly. All you need to do is add some antennae. Fashion a hat from a face mask used for painting into a hat by painting it black or gluing some black felt to it. Poke two holes in the mask and lace black pipe cleaners through them. You can glue black Pom Pons to the pipe cleaners or you can simply bend them to look like antennas.
All of these fun and original Halloween costumes can be made at home with the help of your child. You will not need to pull out a needle or thread and could most likely be completed in just one night. Perfect for those older kids who decide to dress up at the last minute. Have a happy and safe Halloween!